Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

I used to try to race you mean hahahahah
Old 03-22-2015, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile A small hand please......

We need to return all the pit tables from OLPH School to Rogers Rentals for the Off Season and plan to do this on Tuesday. If one or two could pitch in to help me load up it would sure be appreciated. If you can meet at the school around 9:00am please let me know or text me.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Cool Lend a hand......

Last call for help loading tables into the back of my truck to be returned to Rogers? Meet at the school at 9:00 AM please. With a couple of guys, should only take 10 or 15 min, otherwise I'm doing it solo.......
Old 03-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Can we get in any earlier, say 8:30am?
Old 03-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Seht
Can we get in any earlier, say 8:30am?

Yes, we can if that would help? Who is this?
Old 03-23-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

I sent you a pm on Facebook.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys! So I know alot of you still have onroad on the brain. but have you seen the weather? So Nice! good enough for running I would say. SO lets get this show on the road. Are we still on for april 4th? or what is everyones schedule like? I will be up there, doing maintnace and cleaning that day so anyone wanting to come help is more than welcome. I will source a key so I can get into lock ups and race control to do cleaning in there. Got my hands on a few pails of paint aswell so I can give race control a good resurfacing. Got some orange paint to do some O pipe corners aswell. If we need someone to step up then I am stepping up. I want this to be a great season. We invest so much time and money into this hobby and the city gives us such a great facility, a permanent facility and in my opinion we neglect this opportunity. We should be up there right now getting things ready. How long untill the city decides that we dont use it enough to justify keeping it there?. Just one mans opinions. Hope everyone is having a good time in Calgary. Good luck! See you all soon!

Last edited by Dirtburner2.0; 03-28-2015 at 12:28 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-28-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Works for me
Old 03-28-2015, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

I can 't make the 4th because of Easter and going out of town. Jason s and I've already spent about 3 hours each raking and meeting major cowboy alterations. Jk. just some little jumps that are not in the racing line.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last edited by kamlooper; 03-30-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Work party

um, we have a work party planned on the 12th...after the Season Dinner and Meeting.

Other than grooming and clean up, please don't make any "changes" unless you attend the meeting, and the Club, as a whole, agrees to them.

Proposed changes right now:
1. make a change to the triple. suggest filling in the second gap to almost make a little "double" on the top of the triple. Still big air for the modified guys, but a bit more forgiving if you need to "double single" it.
2. change alignment or position of the jump just before the straight. Currently its a blind landing, and also a potential "exit" point of the racing surface.
3. rework the pipe and outer wall. most is either pulled up or broken.

Other than that "CLEAN UP" of everything.

Also, anyone planning on attending the dinner, please either post on here, or shoot Brent a quick email back. And we have been asked to attend a promotional event for april 18th. WE NEED commitment from the club if we can do this. ...check your email for the details.

If you don't get the emails, please PM brent your addy, and you will be added to the list.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

I think I can do the dinner. not sure yet about the promotional event
Old 03-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default thank you

Originally Posted by solardragon
I think I can do the dinner. not sure yet about the promotional event
...Thank you.

Work Party?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Thanks Jason Mardon. Just to add a couple things to your list:

The plan for the drivers stand deck is to re-sheet as best we can with what plywood we have in the can right now. This way we don't have to remove all the railing and re-fasten back down. I will look at getting a support brace for the back section that is loose and bring screws for sheeting to the work party.

Work Party is planned for Sunday April 12th. I planned it purposely on this day so as not to conflict with Easter weekend when some were away and also planned it on a Sunday so as not to conflict with some who work on Sundays.

So again, as stated in the email you received,

I need answers on who is able to attend the Work Party on the 12th and who is able to commit to the Promotional Event on the 18th.
Shoot me a quick text, email or message on here so I know who to expect at the work party and can decide if the promotional event has enough members to make it worth while and who might be able to head it up, thanks.

Thanks for the work that has already been done out at the track and I appreciate your enthusiasm. This week, I will stock up the fridge, take away the empties, drop off a new roll of Big O Pipe along with lots of new spikes but please wait till after the Awards Dinner/AGM Meeting on the 11th so were all on the same page and can accomplish what needs to be done with a few bodies.

Thanks everyone.....
Old 03-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just like to start with saying awesome to see people already working on the track and as for the dinner i will be there and the work party but wont be able to make the 18th. as far as track layout it would be great to see a whole new layout as some have said recently but sounds like more work then most are probably willing to put in but as for minor changes the triple mod i think just turn it into a big table top if your going to fill anything in and an idea i had for the step up before the strait was turn that section into a rhythm section instead just my 2 cents

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.