Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 01-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default I'm in

Well looks like I got a TC to use. Thanks Dale!!!! See you there at 12.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb ???unlimited class???

hi all i know its a bit early to be thinking about short course but heres a thought: why not run an unlimited class at the track? it wouldnt count so much for points but bragging rights. i know a few people that have vehicles that are so rediculously modded they dont fit into a normal class, but would still love to race with them. kind of a run what ya brung type class open to gas or electric, truck or buggy etc., running any platform or combination there of................... just a thought.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default EDC

So when's the EDC this year? I want to come visit!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magurk
hi all i know its a bit early to be thinking about short course but heres a thought: why not run an unlimited class at the track? it wouldnt count so much for points but bragging rights. i know a few people that have vehicles that are so rediculously modded they dont fit into a normal class, but would still love to race with them. kind of a run what ya brung type class open to gas or electric, truck or buggy etc., running any platform or combination there of................... just a thought.
im in for that
Old 01-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PrismPC
So when's the EDC this year? I want to come visit!
You fluked out last year Dan, I won't let that happen again
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dougmartin
Well looks like I got a TC to use. Thanks Dale!!!! See you there at 12.
No problem Doug, looks like you had fun! Hope that car is set up good when I get it back!

I know I had fun today! Getting the tc's set up one lap at a time! It's hard switching from rubber to foam and then back to rubber. Took a few races to get used to the difference!

Last edited by BajaDale; 01-22-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: I suck
Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yay im gonig back to nitro now who has truggys that are willing to race this year???
Old 01-23-2012, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new2crawling
yay im gonig back to nitro now who has truggys that are willing to race this year???

There r a couple guys who run nitro. But we put them in with all the other 1/8th scale be it electric or otherwise. And regarding the open type SC thing we stick to a set of rules. Motors r open also escs. Tires and rims must be the right ones for SC also. So its pretty open class already.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magurk
We will have to figure that out possibility put u in with 1/8th scale would prob be the best.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Dale thanks for the loaner car buddy and the buns

Last edited by dougmartin; 01-25-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Doug, at most of our club races this year there hasn't been enough RUBBER entries in SuperStock to have their own class So you could say that it's an open / foam class that lets the rubber SS boys run with them

Outside of Giuseppe/Jason/Dustin there really hasn't been anyone running SS at all, unless drivers come up from Vancouver or the Okanagan.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Bulletman - it was good to see you out racing again this weekend. I'm glad to see that the rumours of your demise have been exaggerated ! I hope you continue to get well and that we see you out several times more through the rest of the season.

And despite the rather odd result in "stock" yesterday, I'm quite willing to admit you're still a couple of laps quicker than I am.....but I'll take the result all the same !
Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamanager
Doug, at most of our club races this year there hasn't been enough RUBBER entries in SuperStock to have their own class So you could say that it's an open / foam class that lets the rubber SS boys run with them

Outside of Giuseppe/Jason/Dustin there really hasn't been anyone running SS at all, unless drivers come up from Vancouver or the Okanagan.

Last edited by dougmartin; 01-25-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile Rubber/Foam Class.....

Originally Posted by dougmartin
So there's 3 drivers right there...run it. The club lets 12th run with 3 drivers every club race. Why not the true SS 13.5

...it's even on the club web site...the classes are Stock, Pro stock and Superstock...nowhere does it say that it's a open foam class that allows the true 13.5 superstock guys run in it. And here's the web page to follow it up. http://www.tvrcrc.com/Events.htm

Roll your eyes at that
I think another main reason for this is to save some time.....we all know how late it went yesterday and that was keeping things moving fairly steadily I might add and to split that group up and add another 30 minutes to the race day might not be that popular? The majority of that group should come forward and voice their opinion, not to say that your voice doesnt count Doug but need to hear some more opinions to be fair?
Just my .02 cents but should probably be a club decision....
Old 01-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default no offence please!

1/12 class.... 5 entries or NO race
TC FOAM... 5 entries or NO race (foam and rubber are NOT EQUAL! period)

If you want to race a class that does not support the 5 entry (rule?) then you can race in a "mish-mash" class. (3 of this, 3 of that etc)

I think the separation of the stock classes should also end. Just do a resort after the 1st heat. There is no way the the slower drivers will ever get faster being "stuck" in the "slower" stock group.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.