Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rrental
with Brent. As much as I like my SC 10, Short Course trucks are just to big and not designed for this kind of indoor racing.

Carpet is damaged pretty easy with anything else but on road carpet cars.
me too!!!!! think it would be kool but........
Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default oops

sorry, for starting this, we kinda let the idea run a bit too far i guess. It would be cool to see, but I didn't think about a couple of the points Brent brought up. For now, let's keep it on the pavement...you'll find that pretty cool as is.

for the class at the Fall Classic is for ANY offroad rig (well 1/10th electric anyways)...so don't think you need an SC to run in it.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

if you want a 2nd indoor class to race...

get a 1/12 scale
Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (79%+)

Anyone have a brushless esc I could borrow for the onroads race coming up? And possibly a servo? Doesn't matter if its sensored or sensorless. Gimme a call or txt at 7782202387
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

BajaDale check your PM's buddy
Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default PRCC Oct 12th Race

Hi TVRC'ers...

Just to let you guys know that we will be racing this sunday, oct 12th here in Penticton. We're still on parking lot races at Canadian Tire. Set up is at 11am with racing starting at noon. We'll be practicing for your trophy race the following weekend!

On another note.... also wanted to let you all know that we will be heading indoors onto carpet either Oct 3 or 17... we're tentatively booked at parkway elementary school. Hopefully we'll see some of you guys out!
Old 09-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys .... was away on holidays the last 2 weeks. Is there an off-road race this weekend or any more before the snow hits?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevin54
Hey guys .... was away on holidays the last 2 weeks. Is there an off-road race this weekend or any more before the snow hits?
http://www.tvrcrc.com/raceschedule.htm
check that out bud
Old 09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Pre-Registration for Fall Classic!

Hey TVRCRCers! Please go over to our new thread and pre-register for this race. I need to know numbers so I can order awards!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian...ic-race-3.html

Thanks.....
Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

So it's gonna be like, $50 to enter two classes?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

I haven't been on this thread much this year, so I'm just catching up briefly....and I saw my name associated with running SC trucks on the carpet track this Winter.

I do remember the conversation, but my understanding was that we were talking about running the off Road trucks on pavement, and more specifically at the Fall Classic. So I want to be clear where I stand on this.

Running the trucks "On Road" at the Fall Classic is a great idea. It means most of our newer members can take part in the event without having to buy new equipment. Just use an old set of scrubby tires, lower the truck, try a heavier shock oil, and have fun. In fact Interior RC has already agreed to sponsor that class - all off road 2wd trucks, not just SC.

But I do NOT think it would be a good idea to try to run them indoors. They are simply too big for the comparatively narrow carpet tracks. They don't turn well enough, and they'll just run right over the track boards, causing all kinds of chaos. It would lead to broken trucks, damaged boards and damaged carpet.

If you want to run indoors this Winter (and I hope most of you will), there are plenty of used cars to be had if you don't want to buy a new one, and all your electronics, motors etc will fit into them just fine (as long as you don't get a 1/12th scale ). There's always a class you can fit into, and indoor racing can be great. In fact you might even be able to help the club win back the "Club Cup" which we've lost to Kelowna the past two years !

So come out racing in the indoor season. But do it properly. It needn't cost you mega $$$, and it is great fun.

And, lastly, you'll find youself a much better driver next Summer, too, after a Winter's experience in "on road".
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

A suggestion for the SC racers who don't have On Road vehicles for the Winter.....The "R J Speed" Sport 3.2 is a very cheap pan car. It has clearly marked "spec" foam tires that last well, and it can handle "standard" size electronics. It also comes with a nice "NASCAR" type bodyshell.

If you all want to get together and play, or are just looking for a second car to play with, they would make a cool class. We haven't had a class that looked like "NASCAR" for years......
Old 09-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Just want to put an invite out to anyone wanting to run off road on Sunday. It will probrobly be the last time you get to run un the current Kelowna track.
Register between 10 and 11. Racing starts at noon. 2 and 4wd short course are the bigger classes but a few of us will be running truck open as well.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamanager
A suggestion for the SC racers who don't have On Road vehicles for the Winter.....The "R J Speed" Sport 3.2 is a very cheap pan car. It has clearly marked "spec" foam tires that last well, and it can handle "standard" size electronics. It also comes with a nice "NASCAR" type bodyshell.

If you all want to get together and play, or are just looking for a second car to play with, they would make a cool class. We haven't had a class that looked like "NASCAR" for years......
and if anyone does buy one of these cars and doesn't want the body let me know causei wouldreally like a nascar body for my car this winter... we can somehow work something out!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Do we have a race this sunday ? sept 12th ???

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.