Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 06-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Brent, no, I don't have anything at all.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What happened to the keys I gave you last year.....the ones that Ken lost ......then found? Please check.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

The ones we "lost" and then found were for OLPH.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default I have to leave

Hey there guys

I was just informed that I have to be at a BBQ by about 4:30 Sunday afternoon. April and I will have to leave early to get there on time. We will still be there for racing until we have to leave. And if the day goes quickly, we won't miss anything at all.

Sorry for the bad news, we need to get our "club" racing and getting some interest. Who can make the River Family Festival ? We need to start planning now because the better show we put on there the better we look to the public and to the City. Which will hopefully lead to more people coming out to race.

see ya Sunday
Old 06-19-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking I am planning on being there for the family fun festival

being this my first year I don't know what we might need but I am super excited bout being there
Old 06-19-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Default RIVER FAMILY FESTIVAL

Hey all,

Speaking of getting things out to the public for our "River Race", I will be putting together a "bulliten board" type deal with pictures and info about our club. So if any of you has some pictures they would like to send me for this.....that would be great! Greg I know has some and Chris...any others......April....you must have TONS!!! as I know you were snapping away for about two months after christmas. mmmmmmm....wonder what Santa brought you??? As long as there is not too many of that "bonehead" boyfriend of yours in there. Just kiddin Jason LOL!!

So gather your stuff together and send it my way and hopefully, (if I ever find the time) I will try and put this board together so that we can get our name and what we do.....OUT THERE!!!

Sound good?

PS...Anyone racing this weekend? I will not be there but will be there on the 6th of July. Doesn't sound as if it is going to be a great turn out so I will leave it up to the rest of you to decide.

Take care all,
Old 06-19-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

OK, here's my "read" on racing this weekend. There are not going to be many of us, but if we can get going reasonably early we should have enough for at least one Truck heat (maybe two) and one buggy heat. It's even possible we'll have a Monster Truck heat if Chris shows up.

This isn't great,... BUT....we have published a racing schedule, and there may be some people who are not yet members who may turn up. Certainly, there are a lot of off road vehicles out there, and many of their owners have indicated an interest. We can't afford for them to turn up and find that we haven't bothered to show up.

So let's end discussion of whether we will or not, and just do it. Otherwise we'll have this same problem all Summer, and we won't get anywhere.

re the Riverside Park race....I suggest we start an entry list as soon as possible. This will help sort out which classes will be in demand, and help sort out any trophies we may want to offer. This race is the only chance we have during the year of showing the Public our sport, so we really need to get it right.
Old 06-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Cool

My thoughts exactly Ren re- the River City Challenge. Are you saying an "Entry Form" or a rough list as to "who" might be interested in bringing out "what" to race? Anyway, will definetly have to do some thinking about that.

I was out at the track most of the day and met my Dad out there this morning. We discussed and put together a plan on what we would need for supplies for a drivers stand. We will soon check into prices of the lumber and then try and organize a few days where are schedules don't conflict. This may be a bit difficult as summer starts and people plan holidays and such. This project might not get started untill after my father gets back from his holidays around the third week of July. Then we are nearly at the "River City Challenge" Race and then into August so we will just have to "play it by ear".

Blain came by the track today and helped me dig a trench for the pipe which carries the coax for the loop system from the On-Road track. Pretty hard going as some of the earth was covered by the old ashphalt from the once, tennis court. It is now only about 4 feet away from the race control shack and now wiring the ends and cutting out a window is basically all that remains. I also made/modified some more shelves for inside our lock-up area. Still need to get a rack on the wall to hold all the rakes, shovels etc. to allow easier access to the back area where the washroom and sink are.

We now have a new (to us) fridge that replaces the old one we had. The thermostat went and parts are no longer available so I opted to purchase a good/used one for $60. It is stocked with beverages and I ask that you please use the honour system when purchasing drinks. There is a container inside the fridge for money and all profits will go back into the TVRCRC bank account. All drinks are .50 cents each which I am sure you will find very reasonable. Also, please put your emptys in the provided boxes along side the fridge, so that they may be returned for a refund.

That's about it for now. Talk to you all soon,
Old 06-20-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Default hey guys

I am actually getting kinda excited....I was thinking if I can't get someone to run my DS that I could have it there if anyone from the public wanted to have a little try...the only thing is that we as a club would have to put together so electronics for it....I was thinking if we had a couple cars that the public could try that might get people interested as well....I know there is a couple DS's out there..and I am sure there is probably a few old am radios with electronics that could be put in them....
Just an idea???
Old 06-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

We need to get this together, a bit. Right now I have two Off Road Rustlers as Demo vehicles, although one is loaned out to Aaron and the other to Teresa Macievich to try and bolster the numbers. I am also working on a RC10T which can also be used as a demo once some bits are replaced (it's in sad shape). I had been working on the assumption that we were trying to grow OffRoad.

If someone else has any spare electronics (hah hah hah), I have both a DS and a TC3 that could be used as demos for OnRoad. I don't have any additional sets of electronics for them.

Anyone want to step up to the plate ?
Old 06-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

I kinda forgot to ask

what do we usually race at the river race??? Offroad..on-road?? or a little of both....maybe we should try and get soem of those guy's with the T-Maxx's out to do some jumps...I have seen them they look like they like to break stuff....heck if it was close to the end of the weekend I would be willing to try some big air??? do what it takes to please the crowd ....but T Max's would be awesome
Old 06-20-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

We usually race whatever the majority is racing at the time and whatever anyone brings our especially anything that can get air liek t maxxes and other offroad vehicles
Old 06-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

A gas monster truck class is always the most popular class at Riverside - but also the most dangerous, as we MUST have good barriers to keep the big heavy trucks from taking out the spectators ! Our problem seems to be finding anyone willing to come out and race a T-Maxx - there are so many out there, but they seem to only want to run by themselves !

We have usually run Touring Stock, Gas Touring (that one is probably a gonner this year ) Gas Trucks (I guess that one's probably toast too ) then Stock Truck - always the biggest class.

We need to decide what we're going to run so Brent can plan the race. This year we might get a Truck Mod race in, (I'd expect R.J., Giuseppe, Ken and Brent). Right now I'd expect "my group" to all run one Touring Car and one Off Road vehicle, plus a couple of Monster Trucks (Pirate and E-Maxx). Anyone else with plans ?
Old 06-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Oh yes, I nearly forgot. The organizers like us to allow spectators to "have a go". They want the visitors to the Festival to take part in as many of the activities as possible. Of course, they won't indemnify us against damage to the cars either !

Last year I had a couple of Rustlers and a couple of Stampedes available, altyhough I had to pull one of the Stampedes off the track and shut it down much to the anger of the teenage driver (he thought it funny to accelerate like mad, then cause it to spin by slamming it into reverse ! I'd like to see him do that in his Dad's "real" car and see what happens to the transmission !). So be aware, and beware. At this point I may have a vehicle to put into a "spectator drive" pool, but it won't be more than one. If anyone else wants to volunteer one of their vehicles I suggest you let Brent or Doug know.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default some ideas

Hey guys

I think if we can get a large turn out it would greatly make up for the lack of classes. Also to run only the "majority", like truck stk, stock TC and the Monster Trucks. More cars always look better than a variety of smaller classes.

Ren, maybe we could get those Minis running and show just how real lookin they can be. (I think that the recent movie, The Italian Job, will help people to recognize what they are). Jenny's one is ready to fly as is yours, I have the demo and I think that some electric for it would be easy to come by.

As for demos, April will be away so I will have an extra truck for someone in the club to run to help build the numbers in truck.

Can we get a larger area and some beefier boards to help protect the spectators from the "monster trucks" ? A bigger area would give them some time to build speed and give us some wider lanes amking more room for the larger vehicles. Possibly setup a big air area safely aimed away from the crowd, we need to give these people a real show of the vehicles capibilities and what kind of punishment they can take. Something some Radio Shack car won't survive.

This event is all about showmanship and promoting the hobby, so bring out those BIG and a bag full of cool driving, it will be a long day !

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.