Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 10-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey everyone

long time time no hear haha....so I am going to throw out line and see what I can get....... Does anybody have a car that they are looking to sell...not too much as I promissed the wife I would keep it low budget something that I can still get parts for and might even give me the potential to run with the front crowd (if only I could drive hahaha) A tc3 would be sufficentbut will look at a number of possibilities... I hear Jason might have one.....I was also hoping that it would be as close to if not RTR as possible so if you guys even have a radio or esc that is kicking around let me know!!!!! I may have to put something together... I will also be on the hunt for a charger....I have a couple of NImh packs so it would be nice to put them to use so if I could get something that would charge those that would also be great... you can let me know here or email me... [email protected]
Old 10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by racerb
long time time no hear haha....so I am going to throw out line and see what I can get....... Does anybody have a car that they are looking to sell...not too much as I promissed the wife I would keep it low budget something that I can still get parts for and might even give me the potential to run with the front crowd (if only I could drive hahaha) A tc3 would be sufficentbut will look at a number of possibilities... I hear Jason might have one.....I was also hoping that it would be as close to if not RTR as possible so if you guys even have a radio or esc that is kicking around let me know!!!!! I may have to put something together... I will also be on the hunt for a charger....I have a couple of NImh packs so it would be nice to put them to use so if I could get something that would charge those that would also be great... you can let me know here or email me... [email protected]
Hey Blain...

Low budget

I tried to get out last May...no luck man it's an addiction. I sold pretty much all my stuff....now I'm kicking myself. Should have just kept it. Had to buy a new car, radio, charger,servo ,batteries....oh well...I'm addicted

Be cool to have you back out there...sounds like it's going to be a good indoor season. If you can come out this Sunday and say Hi even if you don't get the gear to race...

Later
Old 10-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

hey... dont know if anyone can fit me onto their table? I will be in town 12:30-1:00. In need of a pit friend dont really want pack all my stuff (this time). Just borrow a tool or 2. maybe bump off a power supply? Only running 1/12

Ya know... this 1/12 class is going to be fun right?
ok... where did i put those 1/10 tires i need to true down.... hmmmm
Old 10-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey everyone, things are all lookin good for tomorrow! If Martin comes, that will make 5 - 1/12th scales......yee ha.... Someone will have to teach me how to drive these suckers??? Lookin forward to it though...Remember the time change....we gain an extra hour of snooooooze time. Gota like that

Hey Blain, how goes it you old fart...come on out tomorrow, we can at least do some bench racin if you don't have a car yet.....

Untill tomorrow.........

Last edited by FIVE 7; 10-29-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool 12th Scale !!

Sweet Martin...Lov to see you, ......a lap down

So that's five 12th Scale's for sunday...
Old 10-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

nothing more fun than a FLAT F#&*'n tire. oh.. a spare would have beed nice too.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by BulletMan
nothing more fun than a FLAT F#&*'n tire. oh.. a spare would have beed nice too.

Well that sucks...everyone was wondering where you were. Had a pit spot for you and everything....See you next Sunday in Winfield.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:57 PM
Stu
Tech Adept

Default attn racerb

hey blain, stu here. you were asking yesterday about my mission... if you did want it, i think i could sell it to ya for about 150 including a brand new dynamite esc. i dont have an old radio(because you already have it ) but just let me know, email is [email protected] or on here. wow, first post in a lonnnng time! i figured the win for the car might make blain a little more intrested! first carpet race in about 2 years for me and the car and first win in a lot longer! had an awsome time cant wait for next weekend in winfield!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Default hey stu

ok well I will let you know. I am looking at a couple options and I will let you know
Old 10-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default TC3 car

Hey Blain

my TC3 Team car is at the shop with a little attached note saying price. It is a full team car with titanium, fr aluminum diff, etc...plus threaded shocks. Its all there, plus I can throw in some extra stuff if you want.

There's also still lots of parts on the wall (well in a box) for the TC3's. Aaron had his out today to package it up as a full RTR for the price you discussed with him. Looks good, but you pick what you want.

I had a great day racing, even with my 20sec TC main. Nicki really enjoyed the day, and will definitely be back out there. Would be nice to see a few more pancars out, I know they're out there!!!

See you in 2 weeks.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default Sun City

hey folks... we are racing this Sunday. Track will be set up by about 12:00. We will be in @ 9:30 if you feel the need to help out.
Classes (for now) $15.00 + $5.00
19T 1/12
19T TC foams
1/18
We would need 5 or more to add a class.
(anyone got a ESC i can borrow of rthe day for my 1/12?)
Old 11-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Arrow Sun City track location

George Elliot Senior Secondary. 10150 Bottom Wood Lake Road. Winfield
FROM KELOWNA... go north to Winfield 3rd traffic lights (Berry Road) turn right. Go down the hill to the stop sign. Turn left and SEE the SCHOOL.
FROM KAMLOOPS - VERNON... go south to Winfield (Kelowna). 2nd traffic lights (Berry road) turn LEFT. Go down the hill to the stop sign. Turn left and SEE the SCHOOL.
PARK IN THE MAIN LOT NEAR THE MAIN ENTRANCE. Follow the signs to the gym
Attached Thumbnails Thompson Valley RC'ers-rctrack.gif  
Old 11-02-2006, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Default hey guy's

I was just wondering if anybody in the club drives a tc4....how good are they "out of the box" are they as fragile as some people say they are? what kind of parts would I have to buy to make it not as fragile and ready to race??

also I am asking again if anybody has any radio, esc or servos they are looking to sell...I am on a tight budget ??? I am getting close to getting something and getting a little excited...I might even be able to get out by next race day if things go right

Hey jason you said you might be at the store on fridays but I cannot remember a time....are you going to be there 2morrow?? if so let me know...or if you can be there sometime on saturday that will work as well

Last edited by racerb; 11-02-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default I'm in tomorrow (Friday)

Hey

I'll be at the store from mid afternoon to the evening.

The TC4 is a tough car, and that means a lot coming from me. I am impressed with its durability, it only breaks when it really should (full speed impact into the wall!!). I was happy with the TC4 car and very happy with the FT version.

As for my TC3 for sale, its at the store with a tag listing the 'deal' for whoever is interested, just ask them to look around back for it.

See ya
Old 11-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Blain, it's the TC3 that is fragile. The TC4 was a big improvement in terms of toughness and reliability - primarily because it had a much better front bumper. Whether it is any faster than the TC3 is questionable, unless you get the FT version (which is MUCH quicker).

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.