Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 10-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Newsletter

Everyone get their newsletter this time??
Old 10-27-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default I did!

I got the newsletter.

I thought racing was great on Sunday. I think we still need to work on getting going sooner than 2:30pm. I think all of us could do our part to shave a few minutes off the time needed to get things setup.

See you guys on the 7th...April doesn't want me to go racing because it is our 3 year anniversary, I say big deal...she'll be spending the day with me anyway!

later
Old 10-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yes, i got it.

On the setup thing.

I think we should do setup of the track, before we bring our gear in. That way we have eveyone's effort put into the setup of the carpet and layout.

Anyone else think it's a good idea.

Or we get together and do it on Saturday. This is where the problem is because most of the club members work Saturday's.

Any other idea's.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default Setup before Gear

It is a good idea, but needs coordination with taping and loop laying.

The layout of carpet won't be such a big deal once we have the new stuff, but it still needs to be done carefully.

The current system is working ok, we just need everyone on the same page.

I usually come in, get a table out and then get down to taping. Everyone else gets their tables and stuff inside and maybe starts a pack on charge while I play with the carpet. Once taping is finished, you guys normally step in and get the track finished pretty quick. I go setup my stuff and everything gets done with help from everyone.

I think this is working fine.

We just need to keep things moving during the entire day with respect to setup, registration, racing and breaks.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

I agree with Giuseppe. Until the carpet is laid out and taped, there really isn't a lot that most of us can do. In fact, by starting a battery or two charging, and gooping up tires while Giuseppe and a couple of others are taping up the carpet , we'll be ready for racing all the quicker. I don't think the delay last Sunday had anything to do with set-up - it had more to do with people not being ready to race.

JMO
Old 10-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Yes, true once we get the new carpet it will be easier with the taping,and yes I agree that we did have to wait for guys to get ready. Plus we did have to wait for tape to show to finish taping.

My concern, is it's always the same people doing the setup. Brent usually does the computer which is fine, just would like to see more help especially with the board setup.

JMO
Old 10-28-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Hey guys...whatever works? Just aslong as we get things moving a little sooner and keep things moving. I don' mind doing the computer/lap counting set-up but if someone else wants to do it...that's fine aswell. I'm easy.....

I built a heavy duty dolly this week, to hold our carpet, and delivered it to the Calvary Temple tonight. Pastor Don was happy to see what I had built. We now can move all 4 rolls of carpet around on one dolly....and it"s less than 2 feet wide. Now I am going to build a rack in the storage area for our 16 foot boards and whatever else will fit in there. The other remaining boards can go on the carpet dolly. Thanks Robert for your help tonight.

I also put the sprinklers to bed this afternoon...it was starting to get pretty cold out and I didn't want to have any broken lines to repair in the Spring.

Carpet is still in the works and I'll keep you all posted as I know. Looks like it will be cheaper than first expected.

Talk to you all soon.....

Brent
Old 10-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

KELOWNA ON ROAD CARPET RACING!!!!!!!!!
JUST POSTING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT WE HAVE SECURED A PLACE TO SET UP AN ON ROAD TRACK THAT WILL STAY SETUP PERMANENTLY SO NO MORE WASTED TIME LAYING DOWN CARPET OR SETTING UP THE TRACK EVERYTIME. RACING SHOULD START AROUND MID NOVEMBER PLEASE VISIT OR PHONE KELOWNA SPEEDWAY AND HOBBY FOR MORE DETAILS. ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE FOR SURE RACING AND THE MORE THE BETTER!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

KELOWNA ON ROAD CARPET RACING!!!!!!!!!
JUST POSTING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT WE HAVE SECURED A PLACE TO SET UP AN ON ROAD TRACK THAT WILL STAY SETUP PERMANENTLY SO NO MORE WASTED TIME LAYING DOWN CARPET OR SETTING UP THE TRACK EVERYTIME. RACING SHOULD START AROUND MID NOVEMBER PLEASE VISIT OR PHONE KELOWNA SPEEDWAY AND HOBBY FOR MORE DETAILS. ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE FOR SURE RACING AND THE MORE THE BETTER!!!!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Kelowna Racing

Will this be 1/10th TC or just 1/12th scale? I was told that there was only enough room for a small track....minis and 12th scale?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Sure Quiet.......
Old 11-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Shsssh.....you'll wake them up !
Old 11-04-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default !!!WHAT!!!

Who's making all that racket!

I was enjoying my quiet two weeks
Old 11-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Just letting everyone know that we are having a BIG sale this Saturday on R/C RTR's or combo's (cars with radios & esc's). As much as 50% off, as we want to clear some space for new Christmas stock. So if you know anyone who's thinking of getting a car......
Old 11-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Talking Ya it's been quiet

Woohooo I got my new Xray. Looking forward to this Sunday. I'll be sportin a new body shell as well with some new colour.

Any word on a Saturday setup. LMK

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.