Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 01-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Today was good?!

Hey Guys

had fun racing today when my cars were working. Actually, my TC ran great, lots of power and good steering, I just need to learn how to drive it. Or fly it!

Now the pancar....well that little thing is sure pushing its luck! It will be almost a new car by the time I'm done replacing parts.

later
Old 01-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

New year's resolution....I WILL get my pan car to work properly....I WILL get my pan car to work properly....I WILL !!!
Old 01-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default OK

That sounds like a plan Ren...I also have a New year's resolution to learn how to drive my TC.

Five 7

Have you had a chance to talk to someone about the letter for the City?
Old 01-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not yet Jason, got called to work today but I plan on it tomorow. I might not have to have a letter given our good relationship with Sean Smith, (Tournament Capital Coordinator) the last few years. I will check into this and get back to you all.

Side note:

I would like to start racing earlier on Sundays from now on. Hoefully everybody is in agreeance with an 11:45am start. We will also keep things moving along fairly quickly durring the day with only 30 min. for lunch and a 20 min. break before the mains. This way we can get out of the school at a decent time and home to our families for dinner (or to work for some of us).

Anyway, hope this meets everyones approval.

Talk to you all soon....
Old 01-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Anything to speed things up would be welcome....last Sunday was pretty bad from that point of view.

How about going back to Pat Olmstead's system whereby each race is called by the winner of the previous heat ? That way no-one is stuck trying to call most of the races, and the "burden" is spread around several of us.

And at the rate I've been going this season, I'll never have to call one again !!!

More seriously, this is something we could do. Maybe have one person from the previous heat call the race, and a different person in round two etc. That would get many more people used to running races, which we will need when we run bigger races. And we should set the race delay at a number we can all live with (I think it's set to five minutes right now, which is reasonable), and stick with it. Give each racer the right to ONE "mercy minute per day, and start the races on time otherwise. I know it seems very authoritarian, amd it's something I've opposed in the past, but at least for a while we need to get people used to being ready to race when they're supposed to be.

We should talk about this at the next drivers briefing......?
Old 01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

S T R O N G L Y A G R E E ! !

I think I will just set-up the computer and transponder equipement and go and pit somewhere off in the corner with my son. I'm starting to feel like Ren did a year ago when he stepped down as President.........organizer, race control official, race director, go-to-guy etc......
Old 01-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Yes, I have to agree that we need to speed things up some. I would like to see an earlier start time. I was there at 9am to help setup and didn't get home till almost 8pm. Makes for a long day
Also I would like too see us all take a turn a running the computer. Brent does an awsome job but he has his hands full with racing 2 classes and helping Kyle. So my suggestion is too setup the computer and not have anyone pitted by it so there is room for the person calling the race.
On another note is setup of the track. I have made a great point of being at the track when the doors open at 9am.That means I leave home at 8. I would like to see more of us there at 9 too help with the setup. And that means helping not walking around BULL@#$%ing or setting up our pit tables. That can be done after the track is setup. It will still give time to practice.

Guys these are just my opinions and don't take it the wrong way. TTYL
Old 01-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

S T R O N G L Y A G R E E ! !

I couldn't have said it better myself Doug.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default sorry

I'm sorry for being late over the past few weeks, just been a little hairy with school starting up again, and exams before Christmas. I will try to be there earlier from now on.

As for calling races, I really enjoyed calling a few this weekend. I will always be happy to call a race...but I may be wiping tires or doing minor repairs as I do it...

Plus, April is always willing to call a race...she only has one class to race and then nothing to really do till the next round.

How about the missing club members?? Aaron? Greg and Carver? Dustin? Where are you ??
Old 01-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

I gather Aaron's pretty much given up racing, and last I heard Dustin was trying to sell his car. I saw Greg last week, and he said he hopes to be out racing soon, but he sounds a bit snowed under, as he's VERY busy at work, and Carver is playing Hockey, with all the travelling that it involves. I think we just count it as a "bonus" when Greg is able to put in an appearance !
Old 01-14-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking I would be there

I just have to save up for another car....but I haven't totaly given the hobby as you all have made it so much fun for a newbie such as myself... "I will be back" hahahaha
Old 01-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Racer b

hey

my (Ren's) old TC is in the shop and will eventually be up for sale. So that may be an option.

Speaking of the Axis 2...Ren please try to sell it to someone who will actually race it and not just throw it in the closet after a few weeks.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking It's all a matter of money

and that would be something to talk to ren about....but that is a possibility....thanx J
Old 01-15-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Be great to see u back out there Blain. By the way your old mission is DAMN quick these days. Greg has that car movin'.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default you got mail

Five 7 ...TVRCRC has mail for you.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.