Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 01-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Crank the wheel and nail it in reverse ?? ... ooh please do explain
Old 01-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

RL...you've probably seen the "move" in various action movies....do a reverse spin and drive away....well with a FWD, if you crank the wheel over, put on the e-brake, and hit the gas (in reverse gear), you'll swap directions VERY quickly. Virtually in a car length, if you do it properly. In snow or on wet pavement you can do it at quite a low overall speed, too. Just make sure there's no other car (or ANY other obstacle) for at least 100 m in all directions before you try it - or you're almost guaranteed to hit it ! Also remember to take the foot OFF the gas again fairly quickly !!!! (You'll see what I mean, if you try.....)

I repeat - don't do it unless you have at least 100m clear ALL AROUND. Or you WILL break Mommie's car ! And don't try shifting gears while spinning - you'll get it wrong and likely damage it.

Lastly, I take NO responsibility for whatever you do.....As they say in the Courier trade, "Shippers Risk" !
Old 01-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default now you tell me!?!

Thanks Ren

I have something to try on Saturday morning at work!

Just kidding...already had a bit of fun in my own car. Is there any other little secrets you would like to share with us??
Old 01-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Oh, Oh!!! Now I'm in trouble.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

No, I think that one will get me in enough trouble !
Old 01-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

haha, sounds like fun. Might have to wait till I have my own car first, haha. (gotta find one with an actual handbrake tho... the family car has the footpedal kind).
Old 01-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Haha sounds cool.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking ya and newbies ....

a perfect place to try that type of slide is in the front of the parking lot at the north shore greyhound...the front is lots of fun cause when you back out of the stall and spin there is a little downhill it really adds to the spin...plus it is no fun unless there is a chance you can come close to something....

and ya rob my mini van sux cause it has the footpeddle type brake.....(I am sure sam made sure it was that type of e-brake for this exact reason)...
Oh ya Ren, Sam says you shouldn't buy such good tires for the vans as they don't do all the fun slides that we have talked about.....or get rid of the All Wheel drive as it isn't as fun either...
Old 01-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

I doubt any of my drivers who've been using the AWD vans this Winter will really be complaining ! I feel sorry for the ones with the lightweight short wheelbase vans !

You'd be surprised what you can do with AWD, though. Once you get the hang of it, you'd never go back !
Old 01-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default once opon a time...

Listen to Ren

his Green van has been a blast to play...drive in. Had lots of fun at the Gold Digger two years ago, sure got Ken up in a hurry!

And yes, AWD is much better than anything else...something called four wheel drifts! nothing beats thoses!

Can someone please ask Dave to reserve the Astro for me, I want to have it in case I have to go to Laurie Anne's (Sam will know what I'm talking about!). DRive way from hell!

Plus it is way more fun to drive, handles, stops, accel., and drifts better than the Short box.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Giuseppe.....dav'e e-mail is [email protected]....talk to him direct. No guarantees on what vans he has available, though.

4-wheel drifts are traditionally a RWD thing....but yes, AWD's do it too. And DON'T drift my vans !!!
Old 01-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default ...

Yes SIR

Don't worry, any drifts will be accidental...as in momentary loss of traction.

Whether it be ice or a lead foot, who's to know
Old 01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

haha, uhoh.. someone is gonna get in trouble .
I was just surfin the net and I found another great thing to do with FWD cars.... traysliding .. basically the poor man's way of gettin a FWD to drift. (Good way to wear out tires if you're not careful though)
Old 01-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

You can get a FWD to drift quite nicely, using a technique called "left foot braking" (named for obvious reasons). It's similar to making handbrake turns, but usually done at faster speeds. Note: it has to be done quite aggressively to work properly, so if you get it wrong you are usually off the road before you even realise you got it wrong....so don't try it unless you're at a rallycross or similar, where the worst thing you can hit is a traffic pylon.
Old 01-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

For those who have been asking, I have located a supply of the ProLine Porsche GT-One pan car body. These are the last ones we are ever likely to be able to get, and they do not come with the rear posts for the wing. I won't "hold" these for anyone, it's literally first come first served, and they're in stock now.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.