Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Old 12-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Can't be the batteries (unless yours are really awful !!!). I'm still running my old Peak 2400's in the pan car (they won't do run time anymore in TC Stock), and I've got plenty of speed. I'm now using some 3000's that everyone turned their noses up at for TC Stock - they seem to have run time galore !

R.J. and Ken are using the Nuclear Power GP3300's in TC Mod, but I don't know what they are using in Pan car.
Old 12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

I knew it Ren . The motor was fine until you had to race against me in the B-main.

I'm ready to make up some points on the 11th.. the last pan car race was less than what I would like.. haha. I'm gonna get some battery bars so I can put together my GP3300 that I got for christmas, and then Brent better watch out.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default payday

Hey guys

Just remember today is payday so that means new batts for Jason!! And I also spent the entire day doing r/c stuff, fixing, cleaning, and tuning all my cars to be ready for the 11th.

I just got Greg's setup for his TC3, I plan to try it in April's car, so you guys in stock better be careful...there'll be no out running the pink and purple beetle so you better play nice!

AS for mine, I have the new Alfa body mounted and ready to have a first run. Ren, do you have the Associated foam bumper (the one I gave you on Sunday in Frustration) ? I would like it back with something to trim it with...make sure that I get a new Exacto blade from you tomorrow.

Night
Old 12-31-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Jason, I'm sure that all the TC Stock racers (well, most of us anyway) are willing to play "nice". The question is......is April ?
Old 12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yes.....there have been a few concerns floating around the club as to weather or not April should continue to race in Touring Stock? Not meaning to pick on anyone by any means, as this could be a touchy subject. Just some concerns about her driving in this class? Maybe move her back down to Novice??
Old 12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default I think she is doing a lot better

I believe that her driving has gotten better over the past few weekends. Besides, novice is supposed to be a first year thing, not a life long endeavor. There will always be the 'warming up' period for any driver moving up into a new class, even after five years of racing stock, I was a complete road hazard in mod for the first few months, I still am at times.

And as I remember, not everyone who is in the Stock class now was perfect when they moved up either.

I have been stressing to her to drive more carefully and to pay attention as to who is where. It takes time to adjust.

Plus, racing with the big boys gives her something to strive for, to be better at passing situations, to drive smoother lines. In Novice there is no need to play so nice because everyone is a beginner and don't know anything different.

Please leave April where she is, she is getting better. And just be careful, wait for absolute safe passing oppotunity or for her to take her self out of the way...patients is a big part to any passing/lapping in racing.

She will be running in stock at the Mid winter, so everyone will need to figure things out as to HOW to PASS and how to get out of the way.
Old 12-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Easy J....don't get your back up now. I am only telling it how it is and what others have noticed.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Guys, I wasn't being serious.....April is just fine where she is. She'll learn far more, and much more quickly, racing with people who are a bit quicker than she is now.

Please remember that many of the current drivers "grew up" in a period when we didn't have a novice class at all. Getting around the other racers is part of the fun. I, for one, am quite happy to race in the same heat as her anytime. If she slows someone down a bit, well, it's only the stock class. Those who want to go quicker can (and should) be in "mod".

We really do take ourselves a bit too seriously, sometimes.....
Old 12-31-2003, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Hey all. I hope u all had a good time racing in Falkland and everyone is home safe.
I have a new e-mail adress and username in this forum. I'll e-mail u all with the new addy. TTYL
Old 12-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default isn't this the same??

Hey doug

your email address is the same as it was before??? what's the new one ??
Old 12-31-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

No it's a new one Jason. We recieved a new computer for x-mas and are now up on Shaw. My new addy is [email protected]. You can get me there from now on. Add me to your list. TTYL
Old 12-31-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default oh

Your email saying that your account had changed said it was from your hotmail account, that's why I was confused. I think that others may have had the same problem.

Thanks for clearing that up... I will add your new one ASAP
Old 12-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

ya sorry to everyone.Emailed from the wrong account. HAHA Well the new one is posted so i hope they all get it. It's party time so everyone have a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 01-01-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Just a thought

Hey guys

Just wondering who wie have voted to be the race director for Our round of the 04 WCORCS??

Sounds like it may be more of a babysitting job then race director.

Depending on the classes I'm running (truck mod and maybe gas), I should be able to help out as a secondary race director. We really need to figure some of this stuff out, and someone should keep up to date in the WCORCS thread.

THanks

Jason
Old 01-01-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Well Jason as of now I think it would be the off-road director for the club. When the TVRCRC votes in the new executive the new off-road director that takes over I think would then look after it. Just my 2 cents.
It's still 6 mths away and there isn't too much chat going on about it right now. If you would like I can get the dates up and posted for the series or u can go on the 2004 WCORCS page and the dates are on the first page. Our leg of the race is July 17,18 2004. Also all the rules and regulations are there as well.

This is just my opinion guys. If anyone has different ideas let us know. TTYL

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.