Tricities 2003/04

Old 10-08-2003, 04:31 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the Western Canadian Indoor Championship Series. It helps to define what is being raced.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation Killer Bug

Mike ,you had a card last friday at the races with all the race dates for the up coming series what ever it may be named. Could you please post them on this forum. Thankx.....

Terry

PS.. Were you talking about a wide or narrow rental 1/10 pan car???????? OOOPPPSSS didn't mean to let the cat out of the bag!!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I like: The 5 Cities, instead of Tri Cities
Old 10-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Perhaps we should choose a name without a number in it, in case we get more cities, or (perish the thought!), less. If offroad can have 6 races in 5 months, and I think 8 races next year, can we do less in 7 months?! Yes, I know it's winter, but life doesn't stop at -30c.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like Western Canadian Indoor Championship. I hope people from all the tracks get together soon to decide a new series name. Edmonton has to get awards.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

I have to agree I like it too

Originally posted by Ophidian
I like Western Canadian Indoor Championship. I hope people from all the tracks get together soon to decide a new series name. Edmonton has to get awards.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

I like Western Canaidian Indoor Championship. It has a similar ring to the Western Canadian Off Road Championship and it sums up pretty much exactly what the series is about.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Western Canadian Indoor Championship would get my vote also.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like we have have a winner !!

I'd go for that too.
Old 10-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Sounds good to us as well!
Old 10-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I like Western Canadian Indoor Championship it sounds good
Old 10-14-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mike Bridges is the Edmonton contact for rules for this series and I belive he will make great choices with the other organizers of this series.
There has been a great deal of talk, in Edmonton, about running brushless in mod for this series and this is because many of us here have the new Novak SS (myself included). I would like to state my case for not allowing the brushless in this series. Mod touring has always been the pinicle of r/c racing for this event and having a set of rules that applies to all makes the series fair to all. By using the ROAR rule of 10 turn motor limit we create as fair a competition as we can. If someone is running faster than others in this class it is easy to pull the motor and give it a check but with the brushless motor there is no way to tech these things. Also both Hacker and Novak are coming out with new systems that are supposed to surpass the 10 turn limit if they haven't already, so it could become a...you can run this but not that type of deal which makes the ligitimacy of the series and this class come into question. Pete, from Calgary has sugested a brushless class but my feeling is that the more classes we run the less over all run time there is. I feel we should address the brushless motor issue for next years series, when more people are using these motors, and leave this years series to the brushed motors.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Name and Rules

Hi guys. Don't know how many of these I will make. Most likely only the Calgary race as I am taking it slow this year. But anyway so a new name, and rules classifications. Here is my vote and some questions.

My vote for the name, would definetly be Western. As I think including BC one day would be a good idea. How hard would 1 race a month be really. And a lot of use head over to the Abbotsford race in the spring anyway. Why not add that race to the series. And we also are getting racers up from the U.S. too. And a bigger series, could work out to more press coverage, and more sponsors, and better prizes. I think some cash prizes would certainly be a heck of a driving factor. And a larger series with more coverage, would push for more factory sponsorships for local racers. So anyway. My vote goes for either...

Western Canadian Indoor Championship (WCIC)

or, I would prefer to see...

Western Canadian Carpet Championship (WCCC or WC3).

As for rules, is the 1/12 stock class, going to be stock motors? or 19turn spec? Calgary is running 19turn spec in the club races, limited only to the Chameleon 19 turn. I would like to see it be a 19 turn class, but open to more motor choices, to get rid of teching troubles. Although this could bring in hand wound 19's, that would most likely show a greater advantage, and possably some arguing.

As for mod TC. I think the 10 turn limit is good. And I doubt that the current brushless motors would give them an advantage.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

A 19turn class is a great idea . it would not be any harder just make it any spec 19turn . laydown brush's ,24timing locked. everyone makes a motor to fit in this class. it is gaining all over the world 19turn . it makes a big class alot of the stock class guys try it as it is something they can still drive and the motors are the same price . alot of mod guys will do it because it is still fast. i would consider 19turn .
Old 10-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Mr JJ
Totally agree, we need less classes (which equals more competition) not more classes, and brushless and brushed just should not be raced together.

And for 12th scale, it would be fantastic to see just 1 class, of 19turns !!

Anyway to make this happen?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.