Tricities 2003/04

Old 03-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rules

Also for the series there needs to be a set of clearly wrighten,specfic rules posted at every tarck. To race all year and then dq someone after the last main because they didnt have a sitcker on there motor is redicolous.The way I read it the rules for 12th state chamelon 2 motors only but no where in the rules does it say anything about stickers or it has to be a trinity. Not to mention there was Nothing Said at any of the other races
the first I herd of this was after the mains were over.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

1/12 Spec ( using Chameleon 19 turn motors only )
this quote is from the forum posted in October.....
Old 03-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

I asked at the beginning of this forum if there was any set rules on motors, bodyshells etc.....

Maybe it might be time to have something in writing as what happened to a couple of guys regarding motors at Calgary I'm sure left them feeling not so great.

I am not sure we need cars checked at the meetings, but just something in writing so that there is no confusion would help.

Other than that, I would just like to say a big thank you to all the induviduals and clubs that helped make the series a great succes and a whole lot of fun !!!
Old 03-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Just a suggestion!

I know I was new to the onroad scene this year, but I have been racing for 3years now offroad combined and there seems to be one common thing.: The #1 thing I hear the most is that this is suppose to be a fun race organization. Then when I attend the big races, that seems to be set aside. That is understandable being as at these races you are going to have your guys that are factory racers and your 10years racing plus guys. #2 The race clubs are trying to get new blood out to the tracks, which are no doubt going to be young kids and families. I don't think that young kids and new racers are going to enjoy the big race intimidation. I know that resorts ussually fixes that, but constantly I see pro drivers losing it when they get cut off by a rookie driver that may not know the proper driving etiqcate (sorry about the spelling) and is out to just have a good time. Which I think is the majority of the drivers. I think a suggestion would be to create seperate classes for Pros and rookies(goodtime racers), simmilar to the states where ussually Pro and sportmans class.
I think this would create a fun atmosphere but also a place to see great racing.
This is just my oppinion.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

the post in october states that dyno tuned versions of the chamelon2 are o-kay. but there is no definition of a chamelon2 also no where does it state that the motor must carry a trinity sticker. If you look at the list of roar aproved products motors are calssifed by coluor of the can, stamping on the end bell and type of armature. not by sticker.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

I agree with you Brian that seemed harsh.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Rules

Originally posted by B patterson
The way I read it the rules for 12th state chamelon 2 motors only but no where in the rules does it say anything about stickers or it has to be a trinity
Brain as far as i know noone was DQ'ed as no one filed a formal complaint. People must realize that this is a fun event something like a expanded club race.

BTW..It was my understanding back in october you could use a 19T Chameleon motor. Now I can show you where on my motor that it says that.

It was great seeing everyone agian and see ya next year.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Rules

I was one of the original people that was told I was DQ'ed in the main. All I heard was that at the end (before plaques were given out). everything was OK and we did not have to worry. From the point that I was told that I was DQ'ed.....it wreaked my day. I know it wreaked Steve S. day also has he was so frustrated was unable to race his touring mod A main. I just wish there was a set of rules that were clear and that if they are going to tech cars....please do it at every race (before the A main is raced)

Chris
Old 03-29-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think that a clear set of written rules that is posted at each club and event should be mandatory for next year and will help to solve some of the problems we incountered in Calgary. To that end, each club should elect or appoint a representaive to a W.C.I.C.S committee and this should be done ASAP so that things can be decided sooner, rather than later.

I also believe that if you are participating in an event, it is your responsibility to know the rules and to abide by them. I feel bad for Steve S and whoever else was DQed but you need to take responsibility for looking into the legalities of what class you are running in. You don't see Peter or Wayne saying, "Oh, I didn't know I couldn't run a 7 turn in my touring car."
Old 03-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default rules

well said john. i think that is a great idea, that way there will be no mistakes or problems and we can keep these race weekends on a fun note so people will continue to come back.
mike (lethbridge club)
Old 03-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

The points and final standings are now up on the N.A.S.C.A.R. site.

(that's http://www.edmontonrc.com in case you'd forgotten)

Enjoy!

ps - while they seem to work well enough in both major browsers, so far they're working better in 'N' than 'E'.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default for next year

if we are looking at rule changes or standardizing the rule for the series what are the chances of bring back 12scale stock to allow a beginner class alternative to touring stock, some new comers that are looking for an inexpensive way to race might find 19turn that are just as fast as most of the modified guys to much to handle. I know lots of you feel it would be boring to watch but we all have to start racing somewhere.

kurt