Search

2003 Western Canadian Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default 2003 Western Canadian Tamiya Championship Series

Hi,
I would just like to invite everybody to the first Western Canadian TCS race to be held at Surrey, British Columbia on August 3rd. From what I know, this would be the first of it's kind in the Western side of the country since most of the TCS races are held at the Eastern side. So far we have had good turnouts of Tamiya cars during our Club races, especially the new F1 cars (F201 and Williams).

We had a response from the guys at the states (Western side) that they will be able to come down to race with us (about 20 people or so) as well as a call from Seskatchewan that 5 people will come down to race as well.

Please refer to this site, www.borgfeldt.ca for the rules and classes. You may also call the host Hobby Shop, Overgeared at (604)580-4327 for more information.

Thanks and Hope to see you there
Old 07-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

cool

what's the track like out there??
Old 07-06-2003, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

It's a parking lot just right in front of a Supermarket. Everytime we run our club races there's a lot of spectators. The surface is about low to medium bite but we often spray this with our traction formula which gives it an additional amount of traction.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll be there...make sure you get me a pitting table ....
Old 07-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Hey Chris,

Haven't seen you for awhile. What will you be running?

BTW - Bring my CD's, I was looking for them and just remembered that you borrowed them.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

HEY SPEEDO...I'LL HAVE TO WAIT TIL ANOTHER DAY AS MY STUFFS IS PACKED IN A STORAGE TILL I MOVE THEM OUT......HEEM...WHAT WILL BE RUNNING.....U BE SURPRISE ONCE YOU FIND OUT.JESSE AND RAMIL KNOWS SO FAR....SAFE ME A SPOT ...I HAVE NO PIT TABLE..I HAVE TO PIT WITH SOME ONE..MAYBE WHOOP ASS RACING...MIGHT HAVE A SPOT FOR ME... TTYL
Old 07-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Wholly smilies!

I know you've got tons of em. Just pick one already!. Am I seeing a TB EVO III on the horizon as well as an F201?

What happened to your table? The red one?

You be going this friday to practice?

Later Dude
Old 07-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Hey chris, theres always room for you at my table. I have a tent for shade to. I need to borrow that car if I can.

Dave
Old 07-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

WhoopAssRacing,

I'll pit with you..I know u got a big tent.. as for the car...no problem...I'll have it with me this weekend...see u at the track.

Chris.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Well....despite the rain,we had an awesome pre run of the tcs track layout.Still needs to be refine a little but other than that good racin....

Rcspeedo...gottta fix that glitch of yours...no more excuses ..U see how the Evil 3 passed you...

Jesse...no more batteries dumping...excuses..

F1 is just hilarious man.......good announcing there Mytxxl....(I think thats how it goes)

Watch out for the Jag team will be out soon.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Hiya Chris,

Sunday was way too much fun. Though the weather did'nt exactly turn out good at the last main, all had a good time.

By the way, when I finished first during the 2nd heat, I was also glitching! Your car runs good, but mine runs better!

So you liked how my F201 handles, eh?! You felt the power too eh!?

We will probably see more F201 next race. I counted about 10 F201 before, now there could be as many as 15 entries just in the Lower Mainland!

Later

TRISTAN
Old 07-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

RCSPEEDO.....THOSE PITS SURE WORKS ON THAT TRACK.BUT MIND U ,ONLY TAMIYA OPS TIRES ALLOWED.GOT TO TRY THEM OUT TOO.DANG..I SPENT TOO MUCH MONEY ON MINE ALREADY.

By the way, when I finished first during the 2nd heat, I was also glitching! Your car runs good, but mine runs better!
SURE.............................................. ......
Old 07-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Talk about spending too much! I had to let go of the aluminum shocks as I need some more dough for the tires both on the F201 and the 414 .

According to some ppl, the Tamiya Tires should hook up better. I had to work hard to get the right setup for the F201, so putting in the Tamiya tires should'nt be much different, in fact it should hook up even better . Oh well, I guess I can try them out next race and see how it goes.

BTW - Get more practice , you're getting rusty, so you too won't have any excuses next race .

Later

Old 07-16-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

U guys won't see it comming until it's too late!!! He, he...

Chrisman- Or shall I say Evil Buddy... New weapon on the horizon.

rcspeedo- Your luck is gonna run out once you have to use Tamiya shoes on you ferrari.

Anyone interested in joining the fun should sign up a.s.a.p.

T-shirts and stickers are given to all entries but we are almost out of sizes. If you sign up soon, we should be able to get the sizes for race day, otherwise they might have to be mailed out.

Be advised to bring your own tables, chairs, tents and power supplies.

Next club race/TCS warm-up will be on Sunday, July 27. 9:00 A.M. till finish. Club race not exclusive to Tamiya cars. The actual TCS race will be Tamiya Cars only on Aug. 3.

I will e-mail out entry forms upon request. Contact me (Ramil) or Jesse at [email protected] for more info.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

sign me in....i got 2 cars to run now....mod touring and f1...time to kick up some dust with the F1.Save me 2 shirts xxl.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.