Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Electric Offroad in Calgary? >

Electric Offroad in Calgary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Offroad in Calgary?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.85 average.

Old 05-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Electric Offroad in Calgary?

Hi!

I wondered if it is any offroad tracks in Calgary for electric buggies?

I am traveling to Canada this summer together with my family, and it would have been cool if I could bring my buggy!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yup!

Electric offroad seems to be picking up in popularity again this year. Hopefully it will continue.

The track is RCGEARS. www.rcgears.ca

A lot of us Calgary folk also frequent the site http://www.calgaryrc.com/forum/
Old 05-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Great!

Is it some specific days you practice? I tried to look at your race calendar, but I didn't figured it quite out when you have club races and when you have free practice/training...
Old 05-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Practice times are Tuesday and Thursday nights between 6pm-9pm Race days are held on Sunday, excluding long weekends and provincial CORCS race weekends.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Okay! I will try to make a trip on a tuesday or thursday then
Old 05-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The electric racing here is kind of hit or miss. The Nitro scene is definatley bigger but as Suna said, electric is picking up. Most of us have the electrics. Just give us a heads up and you'll be good.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Anyway, there has been some interest in indoor offroad during the winter months. I personally believe if it is built people will come. It's hard to ask people to commit their time and money before anything exists. Lots of people may need something to exist before they invest into electric. I know I did last year with my B44.

Me personally, I have a lot more spare time in winter and would love to see this happen. I would even help get it going.

Last edited by SUNA; 06-10-2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: spam posts deleted
Old 06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here in Grande Prairie we have a carpet indoor offroad track through the winter, and it rocks! Definately not as popular as the outdoor track in the summer, but there is still a decent turnout for races. If we can support an indoor offroad track here in Grande Prairie I'm sure you guys in Calgary can do it no problem.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

CARCAR has offered us the space. The rates and times have already been negotiated. RCGears already owns carpet as they run at the World of Wheels every year. It's all ready to go. Just need someone to step up and make this happen.

Here is a thread that is getting some momentum.

http://www.calgaryrc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5511
Old 06-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

I will be here this winter so I will be putting some effort into it. That being said, I do need commitment for everyone. I want to do an electric offroad style trophy race this winter if I can swing it as well.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure the RCGEARS Executive members have already heard about this proposal individually, but it would be beneficial if they came together as a group and discussed this in further detail. This is obviously going to take a team effort in order for it be successful....the 'one man army' thing probably isn't going to work.

At this moment in time, everyone is primarily focussed on their nitro rigs. It might take some convincing to have the 'powers that be' come together and discuss electric/winter business. Obviously the ealier they meet, the more likely a solid plan will be developed
Old 06-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

I will step up.

How do we get the ball rolling to take advantage of this offer and solidify our spot at the venue?

Please let me know what I can do. Scott are you leading the charge? (no pun intended). Haha.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Matt, although I appreciate the input, you couldn't be more wrong on this. I had it all set up so that all had to be done was a yes from one individual and nothing happened.

I will be heading this up in the same fashion I did last year. I will be talking with both sides about it again soon as this shouldn't be left until late in the year. I need to get this going so we can book a date that doesn't interfere with the WCICS series and also have the venue booked. I will also be recruiting a specific couple of people to help me with this, building jumps, hauling what we need from RC GEARS, etc.

This will take some money that the club doesn't have to spend on a venture like this and I have no issue with spending the money on it because it is something that I want to do. I have always prefered electric anyway, I just run the Nitro because that's the main class.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Scott I'll PM you my cell number. Please call me with anything you need assistance with.

Last edited by SUNA; 06-09-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

In my experience, team efforts have always been more likely to succeed than individual efforts. In any case, I fully support your cause and I sincerely hope offroad electric racing is established for the next winter season. I can't express enough how thankful I would be to have offroad style racing year-round here in Calgary

While it may be a while away, what kind of racing schedule did you have in mind? Once a week? Once every two weeks? Thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 2.85 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.