Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie radio control racers club >

Grande Prairie radio control racers club

Grande Prairie radio control racers club

Old 07-06-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up Grande Prairie radio control racers club

Any one else here from Grande Prairie/area? We've got a track site now. Its just a grass lot right now, but jumps and such are coming.

If anyone needs any info, just E-mail me at, [email protected]

I'll get some pics up soon (even though its not much to see). This is an off-road, and on-road track!

There no actual officail club yet, but soon, I'll be creating one soon enough. I figure this name works, kinda long, but its a work in progress. GPRCRC....
Old 07-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

I'm coming up for a week, I leave tommorow, if I bring my 8th scaler can I race it on your track? I'm a member of Radio Control Racers Edmonton, if that means anything to you. Where is the track, when do you race, what are the fees, and how many other 8th scale buggies are there?
Old 07-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Certainly come out! There isn't really a real track yet, just a grass lot with plywood jumps :wierd:. Right now we are just getting together to just be able to run with some other trucks.

We are getting together this thursday at 6:00 (weather permitting). First meeting at what will become hopefully a nice off-road/on-road tracks.

There will hopefully be 2 other 1/8th buggies there (a old ofna bash buggy and a new ofna rtr which I haven't seen yet, mabye one other buggy also). Some T-maxxes, and a few nitro ST's.

I don't have an actual address for the track, but I'll try and give some directions here. Start out heading south on 100st (its the big 4 lane that runs all the way across town north to south, and has a 7-11 on it, rogers video, Pete's hobby, Swanavon school, the IGA and the trailer park also) . Following this road you will eventually drive by an IGA (southview freisen to be specific) with coachman trailer park just before it. Keep following this road. You will come to a 4 way interection with lights and a bridge to your right. Go strait through this intersection. Take you first right. You will see a gravel parking lot, and old beat up trailer with go karts on top of it (I think they are still up there, either way its a big white beat up trailer). There should be a black honda CR-V there, probably a blue dodge truck, a green ford, and hopefully some other vehicles.

Not the greatest directions I know, but I'm not well versed in street numbers. If your staying with someone that lives in town, they should be able to interpret those directions decently. Or just tell them to goto the bear creek base ball diamonds entrance, or the old go-cart track.

Hope to see you there!

Ya, I raced at Radio Control Racers Edmonton once this year, I think it was the first race of the year. Awsome track. I was driving a XXXNT, but I broke my steering knuckle in the main!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

"
You will see a gravel parking lot, and old beat up trailer with go karts on top of it (I think they are still up there, either way its a big white beat up trailer). "

You mean that cheesy go-kart track? If so, I know exactly where you are, and I just happen to be staying riht by there. Awsome!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Awsome sounds cool. I live right by there so its great for me. A 1 minute drive to the track!
Old 07-07-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Adept

Alright, Thursday at 6, I'll be there! Can I get your phone number in case I need to get a hold of you?

My cell is 498-3682
Old 07-10-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

I was looking for it yesterday, I'm in the right place, but, I cant see no track. EXACTLY where is it? Which lot/field/whatever is it in?
Old 07-10-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the great race, sucks I couldn't of been appart of it though, 2 diffs, what are odds...
Old 07-10-2003, 11:26 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Wheelnut, sorry I couldn't get out to the track today. We will be there on Saturday after work, around 1pm. I will try to call some of the guys to run at that time. I need to get my son's T-Maxx tuned! So I will try to work on it there. Let me know if you will be there or give me a call.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Gary, we are going to be running again thursday, 6:00 again. To bad you weren't there. The track we set-up wasn't to bad actually. Rick from wonderland told some other people about the race and they came out, it was this Eric kid (he's got a NMT, his dad has a old maxx w/trx.15, and his friend has a nitro rustler he's trying to fix), about my age, and his Dad, and I think his friend. Eric's dad brought a really nice table top ramp, like Roberts ramps. Robert wasn't able to bring his ramps, but he's getting them for next time.

I'm going to be gone this weekend, so I won'y be able to run with ya, but I'm back on monday and I'm going to pull those tires out of the way with my quad.

I bought some new gladiator 2 tires and they hook up really well on the grass. Also Mikel came out and would have been able to run with you, he's got a Ofna GT also, but he blew 2 diff's unfortunately. Mabye Robert will get his 1/8th running and the guy with the other 1/8th you met at wonderland could make it out.

Me and robert had some pretty decent races.

I'll probably call you this week. Hopefully you'll be able to come out this time. And we wil be abel to make a better track. Mabye get some of the that flexible tubing for the lanes and corners.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:05 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Hey Wheelnut, we should let everyone know about this thread and the forum website so they can check here if they need to know what is going on for track times etc. I will tell Rick from Wonderland to post it in his store so that people can check it out. Too bad about this weekend, I will be there with the 2 T-maxxes to try out the track. Talk to you soon buddy.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:34 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Brad, I was at the track yesterday and had a lot of fun there. We definately need to get some weeping tile for the corners etc. I think that Robert might be able to get us some for real cheap. I got my son's T-Maxx running really good and he was trying to do a back flip off the kicker jump you had there. Almost did it, until he blew a shock cap. I hit those infamous tires and broke a rear ball link. We had a blast there. I will try to make for Thursday but I am not sure because my Mom is visiting for the week. I will keep in touch.

Also, if you have time, get Rick at Wonderland the website address for this forum so everyone can just go here for the times we will be doing practice and racing. Print something up for him so he can hang it on the wall. I would do it, but I ran out of ink
Old 07-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Actually I'll just make up a sign right now! And I'll put some pics of my truck on it of course!

Edit: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I'm out of ink too!
Old 07-14-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

I'm gonig to draw up a sign, and paste some pics from a magazine and just use that. I'll bring it into wonderland tommorow. Mabye I'll make 2 and bring the other to pete's.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the poster I made for wonderland...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 1.40 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service