Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Grande Prairie radio control racers club >

Grande Prairie radio control racers club

Grande Prairie radio control racers club

Old 07-16-2003, 10:16 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Poster looks good buddy. July 26th is next race?
Old 07-27-2003, 10:27 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Fun running on July 26th. Only 3 of us out there. Too bad for Alex and his T-Maxx problems..buy I'm sure his dad will be able to fix it. Looking forward to our next time out there, unfortunately it won't be until after the long weekend.

Brad, we had a good race..too bad you ran out of gas in just 4 minutes, otherwise you would have lapped me!!! Better luck next time buddy!
Old 07-28-2003, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lol, so true. I took my T3 out there today and ran one pack through it w/my Speed gem 11t. And I timed a few laps with the fastest coming in at 23.8 seconds. And according to my friend Dave my xxxnt ran a 26 second lap! Weird. I'll have to get a decent stop watch w/ lap features so I can dp multiple laps. Mabye mount it on my MX-3.

I blew my clutch bearings! Just on my last tank too!

And for anyone else from the G.P. area I suppose we will congragate(sp?) again this Saturday at 1pm again.

I've applied a buch of round up to the entire track so there will be less rolling resistance next time we're there. And tommorow the old owner has his last day to get his stuff out of there, and then, it ours! He will probably leave that building behind too. Plus all the tires and crap will be gone. Time to start the real construction!
Old 07-28-2003, 08:55 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

The track is coming along good. Hopefully you have a good turn out for Saturday. I will try to make it there, we are going to be camping at Lake Saskatoon so I won't be very far away. I hope some of my parts are at Wonderland tomorrow, Rick will be back then. I really want to put together that Ofna GTP so that I can try our onroad section.
Old 07-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Ya, the the city is organizing a crew right now to get all the crap out of there. And very soon the land is officially ours!

I got my new clutch bearings, ordered them from great hobbies the day before. One day delivery, which is nice, plus it was free! w00t!
Old 08-04-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Next race is Saturday August 9th. 1:30pm!!!! Be there or be square!
Old 08-04-2003, 04:12 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

I will most likely be able to make it. See you then
Old 08-13-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Hi folks,
John Hughes, here in Edmonton. I am Edmonton's on road club, V.P. and I just wanted to invite you to our team endurance race on the second weekend of Sept. The format is very simple; there will be teams of three cars, 1 electric 1/10 tc and 2 gas 1/10 tc's. The electric car will run for 5 min and the two gas cars will run for 20 min each and this will be repeated three times in a row without stoping. There are of course some other minor rules that I wont get into now but if there is anyone interested in coming down, let me know. My e-mail is, [email protected] and my phone # is 780 470-4489. You don't need to come as a team as we will be making up all the teams on raceday, so as to make them as equal as possible, so if you come as a single we will get you on a team for sure!! There will be open and controled practice on Friday and Saterday and the race will be Sunday. Don't miss out on the best permanent asphault track in Canada and the most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!
Old 08-13-2003, 08:02 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Hey jjmudd, I will be in Edmonton that weekend for my cousins wedding. I would love to run with you guys, but that would mean I have to buy a TC!! I have yet to add to my collection. Oh well, maybe we can watch. Please give me the address to your track.

Gary
Old 08-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by gkb
Hey jjmudd, I will be in Edmonton that weekend for my cousins wedding. I would love to run with you guys, but that would mean I have to buy a TC!! I have yet to add to my collection. Oh well, maybe we can watch. Please give me the address to your track.

Gary
I'm sure you could find a car to buy from one of the club members here...gas or electric. I know there is one NTC3 for sale and at least 2 Yokomo GT4s fully optioned!! Not sure about electric but someone is always selling something. Our track is located just three blocks due south of West Edmonton Mall's water park, just behind Thorncliff Elementary School. I'll get you the exact adress tomorrow. Two past Canadian national champions live in town here and there are a number of really fast guys from Calgary too. Should be fun!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

I've been to your track before. When the Canadian nationals or soemthing was on in 2001. Twas pretty cool. Too bad I sold my TC3 not to long ago!

BTW-I just bought a XXCR for $70, w00t!!! ANd I'm selling my T3...
Old 08-14-2003, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

I told you guys I would get the adress to our track to you today. I don't have it! I will get it to you on Monday or you can ask Wheelnut, as he's been there before!
John
Old 08-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is the address for the On-Road track in the Thorncliff area in Edmonton.

8215 175th Street

And here is a picture of the track
Old 08-16-2003, 08:40 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Thanks for the address Corwin. Wow that track looks awesome!! I will definately try to make it out there for that race, if only to watch or something.

Hey Brad, are you running today? I think i'm going to the track around 1 pm. I finally got a crystal for my receiver so I can bring the 1/8 buggy along with the t-maxx. Hopefully you can make it, or maybe some of the other guys will be there.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:13 PM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default Thursday 8/21/03

Looks like we will have a practice session this Thursday. All you Grande Prairie people bring your R/C's and meet at the track around 6:30pm. Also, we will be meeting at the track again on Saturday, I'm not sure what time yet. Brad what time do you want to be at the track on Saturday??

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 1.40 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.