Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rcgears

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.05 average.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

RC Pro rules are a little more vague and leave a few questions in my mind. Which is just fine. I'd rather run the ROAR rules for this class as well. You know exactly what is and what isn't acceptable.

Dean, I have a SC10 with a Viper Copperhead in it now but I was running a Viper 8.5 last year and found it to be too fast. I switched to a 10.5 and its still fast, even unboosted. But I think I'll still run my Copperhead system.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outtafocus
With the RCPS rules being vague its a good thing we don't run RCPS rules.
We won't be using a rule book for a series that doesn't visit our track.
Not 100% sure yet but more than likely we will be using the more commonly accepted and world wide ROAR rules.

Dean I see absolutly no reason why a FT SC10 can't be run in a stock class. Pending turn out for we will probably end up have a more Open sc class.
I'm only speaking for myself here so here goes :

Being an outsider to RCgears club and possibly wanting to come to warm up for race x for future event x, i'm a bit confused/worried a little on the direction your planning to go with rules (tech). I think some of your races even involve money? (50/50) can i assume this?

I hope you guys keep posting here so my gear is legal if i end up attending, hopefully sooner than later as we all need to buy or adjust our gear accordingly. Hopefully the differences are not mayor and can be somewhat the same for all series and clubs across alberta or canada.

What i see so far RCgears is part of ARCOR with relax tech, so wouldn't the club run the same tech depending on what series they are part of? Are relax tech and rcps rules not the same thing "Vague" ?? As i see the word vague being used, what are you guys looking for? weight, properly cut bodies, motor size, wheels offsets, gearing, timing?

any ideas or suggestions for the future? I know we can't change this on the fly, not all rule books are perfect but they can definitely be changed with time and patience.

ARCOR Relax Tech (rules?)
Vauge?? "30 Page PDF" RCPS rules ( can it use some refinement, sure)
Club Roar Rules ?
50/50 ?? rules/tech ?

This seems to me like a pretty large gap to fill, hopefully someone can make me see the light or somehow come to a general conclusion. If it's another thread that needs to be started or pointed to then let's see or hear opinions?

Originally Posted by dx

Tech: We’re running this on the honesty system but if we see something out of the ordinary (over 10min on a tank of fuel) we will check accordingly.

Thank you,
Mark Hughes
RCGears President
Originally Posted by chongo
We try to have our rules match all racing rules in the province so that you the racer can go to any event without changing your truck to meet different rules.
Not sure what the ARCOR rule set is, but I'm sure they will be close.
Also, other members expressing interest or mentioning that they would like to see or run ROAR rules, can i assume by using ROAR Rules this would cost money or no?? would we have to buy into the ROAR memberships to attend a club race or an event? Would this lead to some sort of spec racing of sorts?

off topic: is camping/trailers still allowed?

Thanks
Will M.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:24 PM
mfd
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey all.

From our clubs perspective (Trukz Calgary) we have been running stock RTR motors or 17.5 un-boosted in the stock Corr truck class. For the most part it has worked out well. I will also be pushing RcGears wednesday night racing and your regular race day so you may see a good number of trucks out. We were getting between 15 and 20 trucks out over the winter.

Our rules are posted on our thread.

Thanks

Aaron
Old 03-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Will, this is for club racing only. We will be inline with whatever series (ARCOR), and run with that. At club racing, how much tech do you do in Edmonton?

Even for club racing people want to be legal. How else do you get true practice for the series you run? I don't know to many people who will want to run out of the tech for the series that you run, even at club racing. It's just more work you need to do.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
dx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as teching goes in the club racing we don't have any as we just throw everyone together for that class. If we seen enough stock and open/mod SC then we would seperate them. From what i seen last year in the club most people where running 13.5. Everyone seem pretty happy with that but this year it could be different.

As for the series we'll just be going by ROAR rules just to standardize the class. NO ONE will have to join roar and i don't know how that came into the picture. I for one have not been a roar member for some time and i have been doing this for a while. As for teching if we someone in the class is running faster than everyone else then we'll look at it. Other than that if you sign up for mod than it's open, if it's stock no bigger than 17.5. I would assume that people with experience would sign up for open than light or stock. But if they feel good at the end of the day beating some little kid or someone new coming out to get a trophy then i guess that's there choice. At the end of the day it's used for just guildlines.

Will as for the camping situation there has been and will be a lot of construction going on by there. We'll keep everyone posted as soon as we know.

Mark
Old 03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
dx
Tech Addict

Default Private Pit Spaces

It’s that time of year again and we have “Private Pit Spaces” available. Some have been spoken for already and a couple of them I’m sure will be picked up again as they have built something on them from last year. At the moment there is three that have decks built that are available. Two of these no alterations can be made to them, the other well it don’t matter to me as I don’t remember who had it before any ways. There are a couple spots with a lake view that are also up for grabs that have nothing built on them.

1 – The Private Pit Space is an 8’ section only, any bigger than its 2 spot’s.
2 – The Pit Space is what you’re leasing for the year not the structure on it.
3 – The cost of the space for the race season is $75.00.
4 – If you’re planning on getting a pit space and wish to build something on it then we ask that it be kept to the outside perimeter of the pit area. We also ask that you let us know what you’re planning on building on it as we have land lords to report to.
5 – Any current Pit Space Holder from last year and anyone wishing to pick up the available spots mentioned above have until APRIL 14th 6PM BY EMAIL ONLY ([email protected]) Don’t call me or text me please as I’ll only respond to emails and it’s first come first serve. On April 15th 6am by email ONLY if spot’s have not been spoken for then they’re open for anyone.

Thank you,
Mark
Old 03-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think that the pit spaces are 10x10ft.

That is a little bit smaller than a wrestling ring Hughesy.

All structures must be removable and may not alter the grounds.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Will61
[B][
Vauge?? "30 Page PDF" RCPS rules ( can it use some refinement, sure)

Will M.
Will when I said Vague, I meant stock 2wd SCT.
the only thing I see is a 17.5 motor. it doesn't specify anything about - All hops up, tires, electronics allowed?
This is very different from last year where it was RTR only & only the radio could be changed.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Can of worms?

Hi guys

Didn't realize this was so complicated

So I'm still not clear. Can I run a factory kit
truck with a 17.5 motor, "standard" servo and esc
in non-boosted mode in the Stock 2wd SCT class?

Having never done this before I'm definitely not
skilled on the track but I see value in building
the truck myself and having a platform I can
upgrade in the future

I was considering the viper 17.5 with esc combo
and a mid-priced 100oz servo

Thanks for your advice, trying to make the best purchase
Dean
Old 03-13-2012, 04:22 PM
dx
Tech Addict

RCGears club racing, Yes.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Woohoo!

Awesome thanks!

You're reply came just in time for me to go shopping

Dean.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:06 PM
dx
Tech Addict

Default 2012 Membership Club Drive

Attention all club members,

We’ll be having our membership drive again this year at PM Hobby on both April 7th (10-3pm) and 8th (12 – 5pm). We’re looking forward to seeing everyone out again to take advantage of the savings for the racing season. To speed things up during the drive if you could print the forms off the website, if you’re unable to we’ll have some there. The cost will be same as last year ($10.00 off regular price) and you’ll also still receive the free practice nights as well.

Joining RCGears has never been easier! With three types of memberships available, we are making it easy to save you money and increase your track exposure!

These memberships can be purchased either at the track or during our membership drive events!

To make signing up quick and easy, bring the following two forms filled out when you are ready to sign up!

Membership Form
Liability Waiver

Individual Membership – $50
Purchasing an Individual Membership includes all practice days FREE and a discounted race day fee of $10 for a regular club race!

Youth Membership – $40
A Youth membership is available to anyone under the age of 16. It comes with all the same benefits of a individual membership at a reduced rate!

Family Membership – $70
Purchasing a Family membership gives two people in the same household the opportunity to enjoy all practice days free and a discounted race day fee of $10 per family member.

Additional family members can be added for $20 per person

Assigned Pit Space – $75
RCGears has a large pit area with more then enough room for everyone. However, if you wish to purchase an assigned spot allowing you to pit in the exact same location, this option is available. Assigned pit space are sold as first come first served basis.

Non Member Fees
RCGears is a fun and challenging place to run your radio controlled off-road vehicles. We encourage everyone to come out and give the track a try, or test their skills against others on a race day.

Practice Free – $10
Race Day Fee – $20

We’re also looking for a volunteer to help out on one of those days as we’re short a person. If you can help out please send me an email of the day that works for you.

Thank you,
Mark
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Rules and such

Hello out there

I practiced at RC Gears before but have never raced

I heard there was an "electric" only night being Wednesday?

Is that happening?

What are the class rules?

I have a XXX-CR with brushless and lipo and a Bandit with the same, couple Slashes and looking to join

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Mike
Old 03-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Spur Gear and Pinions

Hey there, I was wondering if someone could help me understand which Spur gear to choose and pinion?

I have seen 94T and 48P and so on...

I can't find anything that explains the higher and lower T and P

Thanks

Mike
Old 03-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metrontech
Hey there, I was wondering if someone could help me understand which Spur gear to choose and pinion?

I have seen 94T and 48P and so on...

I can't find anything that explains the higher and lower T and P

Thanks

Mike
the T is the number of teeth while the P is the pitch of the gear, they both depend on what car you have and what setup, tire, etc. you have

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.05 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.