Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 12-16-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Results for Friday, Dec 15th

Great racing last night !
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
FinalResultsNames.pdf (77.0 KB, 46 views)
Old 12-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another Friday has come and gone. A great night of racing was a foot at the Carcar track last evening. We had some awesome racing with tight battles in every class. Let’s get to the action.

TC Stock B Main (By Blaine)

The Friday night B main was a full heat of 7 cars, so making your way around the track without tapping boards and clean passing was going to be a challenge. However, One Lap, The Gymnast, Mechanic, Bulb, Butterfly, and Funky Bunch were up for the challenge. Pulling the throttle, the field started off without incident through the first few corners. The second time around One Lap and the Gymnast were in the position to pass the back of the field. Unfortunately, the speed of the approach scared the back of the field and soon One Lap found himself flying through the air and off the track. The Gymnast's was so excited to be leading the race his smile was bigger then The Joker after pulling a prank on Batman. However, it would not last, as he would encounter the same issue and that smile would fade into a frown. The Mechanic happily received his Christmas gift from One Lap and The Gymnast and enjoyed a easy run to the podium. Behind him Bulb was ecstatic to be in second place and everyone in the building could hear his thoughts "Keep It together, Don't choke, Please don't break". Butterfly and Funky bunch were on the track staying close to each other. Funky Bunch made a couple more mistakes then Butterfly and ended up dropping a little off his pace after making some really nice infield passes. Both these guys are getting better week after week. They continue to improve their lines and drive with confidence around the track. Who Can started but he did not finish, as it seems like sitting close to Mr DNF is rubbing off, and not in a good way.

Results: Trevor "Mechanic", Tim "Blub", Blaine "One Lap", Walter "The Gymnast", Dave "Butterfly", Mark "Funky Bunch", Ian "Who Can”

TC Stock A Main

The line up was stellar with some grizzled veterans, speedy new comers and of course Cal. The starting order and finishing order ended up the same, but there were amazing battles through the race. We had Scientist up front followed by Cheese, The Arrow, Scat Man, Mr. DNF, Fat Stacks Fabio, and El Matador. On the tone we had a nice clean start for one corner before carnage ensued. There were cars everywhere. Fat stacks whipped out his wallet and paid off half the field to help him work his magic on a new one-off body design. The result was a very low, wide and sleek design that suited his style, ‘very wide and impossible to pass’. El Matador, with his ugly Christmas hoodie on was seeing red and drove his car amazing and was now challenging for the lead. Briefly he held the lead and was shaking with excitement that he let his guard down and got the horns in the ….. He did recover to bring the car home solidly, but the drive was amazing (totally due to the awesome name decals). The scientist was slowly making his way back to the front passing cars like they were tided to the boards. The cheese was flying as well, after an early mistake, to get back to second. The arrow couldn’t buy any respect tonight, but his car was simply amazing and was able to pull himself back up from the scat mans pile to bring the car home in third. Scat man and Fat Stacks were slowly sliding back. All we can say about the scat man is that he …… the bed and flushed his chances away. Even dressed for success he went from fourth to first to last to fourth. All that money and time Fat Stacks put into preheating the tire sauce, new tires every round, custom body and all the team members back in the Drumheller factory working on updates for his “old” cars was for not and came home sixth.

Results:
Dwayne “Scientist” Sammy “Cheese”, Bryce “The Arrow”, Kerry “Scat Man”, Cal “Mr DNF”, Ivan “Fat Stacks Fabio”, and James “El Matador”

TC Mod A Main

Mod was shaping up to be a classic battle with super fast guys and Cal. We had small field but there was no lack of speed and skill. Speed captured the pole followed by Fat Stacks Fabio, The Beard and Mr. DNF. A few laps in we had Speed on the receiving end of some bad luck and ended up on his lid and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back. This opened the door Fat Stacks and the Beard. The battle was epic all we can assume is that Fat Stacks called his team in the factory asking them to look at the data allowing him to adjust the car for peak performance. The Beard was closing and looked mighty, Fat Stacks pulled a razor out of his bag of tricks and threw off the Beard. Beard made a slight mistake and allowed Fat Stack to laugh and take an easy win. Beard put on a valiant effort but thought it is Christmas time and OLDDDDD Fat Stacks needed a hand out, in this time of giving, and settled for second. Speed still working on his new Yokomo was content to learn more about the car and bring it home in third. Then we have Mr. DNF rocking his new car. All night he was fighting the handling. After looking at the car he noticed that his personal builder had made a mistake in the build, repairs were made, and the setup was adjusted. The car was flying, and experience was growing, but the key was it finished. Mr. DNF wishes he had a team like Fat Stacks employs but alas his Christmas miracle didn’t come true.

Results: Ivan “Fat Stack Fabio, Matt “The Beard”, Tommy “Speed”, and Cal “ Mr DNF

Lemans Class A main

This was a combo class that the guys wanted to try, so we had a mix of USGT and Mini Race cars on track. It was a great sight. It was the ultimate test of skill racing with cars of differing speeds. The Bulb was up front with his awesome USGT car. Following the Bulb was the Cheese with his mini, Butterfly in his USGT car, Mechanic in his mini, The flash with his USGT car, and Funky Bunch in his mini. On the tone the Bulb rocketed off, his car simply looked amazing. Like the Last Jedi he would not be denied his destiny and never looked back and lapped the field so many times the count was lost. The Cheese was trying hold off the butterfly, he was working his magic offering the butterfly various flavours of cheese, but it was the Roquefort that sealed the deal. The Butterfly couldn’t handle the smell and quickly dispatched the cheese and brought his car home a solid second. No one dared come close to the cheese as he was ready to bring out the Camembert, this allowed him to bring his mini home third, very impressive. The Mechanic got close to the cheese but feared the Camembert and drove his mini smooth and steady to bring home a well deserved fourth. The Flash and Funky bunch were battling, the funky bunch with all of his Good Vibrations could not bebop around the flash. The flash was preaching all night smooth is fast, however his smooth lines were not that fast and he road the bolt to fifth. Funky Bunch got too into his good vibrations and brought the car home in sixth. Fun race to watch.

Results: Tim Bulb USGT, Dave “Butterfly” USGT, Sammy “Cheese” Mini, Trevor “Mechanic” Mini, Gordon “The Flash” USGT, Mark “Funky” Bunch Mini

What a great night of racing, I hope everyone had a good time even though there seemed to a full moon hehe. Remember to check out Gordon’s Videos. Remember this Sunday, Dec 17th , is the first carpet offroad Race of the season come down and check it out.
Old 12-16-2017, 10:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I want to thank you guys for thinking of me. I should be back out in just over a month. Blaine, make sure you unplug my power supply. 😂
kerry, MultiRacer and Karter44 like this.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Just a quick update on our Sunday series. Due to the holidays, we will not be running on Sunday, Dec 24th and Sunday, Dec 31st. We will look at a day somewhere in the holiday break where can can have at least a practice if not a proper race day !

Feel free to post here if you have a preferred day !
Old 12-26-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll open the track on New Years day. I'll be there at 9am or so and I can hang out until about 4:00. Come test out all your new goodies!
Old 12-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Merry Christmas CARCAR dudes. Although the calendar says we're closed today, seeing as how its a practice night, I'll have the track open from about 5-9 PM tonight. Come down and do some laps if you're bored
Old 12-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Why time Wednesday??
Old 12-27-2017, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll be there about 3 today.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I'll be there about 1:00 if anyone wants to join me.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pcar951
I'll be there about 1:00 if anyone wants to join me.
Will anyone be there tonight? I'm in town.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Will anyone be there tonight? I'm in town.
Should be open until around 9pm tonight, as that's the regular practice hours.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Can we please race scale spec Friday????? I need the setup time for Vic!!!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tandman
Can we please race scale spec Friday????? I need the setup time for Vic!!!!!
I’m in!! I actually quite enjoyed running two classes last time.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just want to make sure there's racing tomorrow. I'm going to drag myself out and run some TC.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

There is racing tomorrow (Friday, Dec 29th) but no racing this Sunday due to it being New Years's Eve.

Sundays will reconvene on Jan 14th.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.