Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Old 02-13-2015, 10:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If there are pinballs in the B, there are flippers in the A.
Old 02-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I like to think of myself as more of a... "Wreck it Ralph" on the track. Never was any good at pinball (weak wrists).
Old 02-13-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All this discussion is great. Its good to hear peoples opinions on the issues. It allows for better decision making and allows us to try to make the club better for everyone. I agree with every point that has been made so far. I am, however, on the side of the club and whats good for the club.

My thought is yes, in a perfect world it would be best to be able to call out the car at "fault" and give them a penalty. This would be the most fair way of going about it.

...However!

I go to club racing and practice nights to enjoy myself, the company of friends, and like everyone else, go to compete. For me, it would ruin the fun and enjoyment if there were penalties being issued for my lack of driving skills and trying to enjoy myself. The fact is none of us are making a living racing our cars, and there is no Toyota Tundra in the parking lot to win.

I get taken out and I take out people just as much as any of us, but in all honesty I am not doing it on purpose, nor is anyone else. There is nobody in the club traveling to carcar on a Friday thinking "I can't wait to try to hack everyone in the race". That's just not happening.

Agreed that there are some more aggressive racers than others, but that's always going to be present. Any sport has its issues and the players of the game know this going into it.

My thoughts.

I am still looking for the owner of this grey jacket that was left being at the track one night. Its a nice jacket, and my size. Let me know if its yours!

I would also like to extend to anyone who has thoughts about the club that they would like to voice, feel free to PM me, email me, call me, or talk to me at the track.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I think we are getting away from the point. Cal by saying "Just say sorry when driving through someone", you couldn't be further from it . What you wrote IS the problem. Yes accidents happen, but saying sorry after driving into the back of someone etc shouldn't be acceptable. If you are sorry, STOP. Caveat - yes I am guilty of this too.

No one is expecting perfection here, but raising the standards is not hard at all. Some guiding rules mentioned at the driving meeting would help.

Getting people to RD, again shouldn't be so hard. if someone is WAY too late to the PC, or keeps working on their cars etc, they loose their race finish, simple. The issue of RD will go away quickly. Mentioning these things at a drivers meeting would help a lot also.

Completely agree Matt, I guess I'm just wondering why we cant remind people if you do accidentally take someone out, you must stop. Saying sorry isn't acceptable, which has become the 'norm'.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

I agree Aaron. Its is on my list to talk about at the drivers meeting.

I personally hate someone saying sorry to me after hitting me. Hate it. It does nothing to correct the issue. If someone where to pull over to at least acknowledge the fact they hit me in an unnecessary way, that's a much better statement than saying sorry.

All good points! Lets discuss at the drivers meeting!
Old 02-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I screw up a pass in qualifying, I will often apologize but not stop because:
- the track position does not mean anything
- the slower guy will feel obligated to move over again after I wrecked him once
- there's a chance I'll just wreck him again on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, attempts to pass
Old 02-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve S
If I screw up a pass in qualifying, I will often apologize but not stop because:
- the track position does not mean anything
- the slower guy will feel obligated to move over again after I wrecked him once
- there's a chance I'll just wreck him again on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, attempts to pass
Hmmm I can't say I agree with that. What are we trying to achieve? This discussion is great, but I believe there is a much deeper issue here than rough driving, respect for other racers.

I think from my perspective some of the roughest heats usually are the A mains. I find a select group of racers (and I am not innocent either) are un willing to allow guys who have made the A main no opportunity to do anything. If you are slower I too believe in qualifying you should move over, but also that does mean that the faster car should be patient to allow the slower one to get out of the way in a safe spot. Lately reality is "faster car punts slower car, sorry is said, and to bad so sad". This attitude in my opinion needs to change, as we need to entice new people to race.

Just me two cents.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The respect shown by stopping means everything.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Walter, you nailed it. Waiting for the opportunity to pass is vital. It's not just a three corner rule, either. There are good and bad passing areas. Sometimes, you just have to wait for the right one.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wanna say I had a great time racing last night. I apologize if I'm having too much fun and disturbing or interfering with anyone who is concentrating when they are racing. Except for the Aussie.

Ivan

Ps. I think this is a good forum for friendly discussion on our current topic of racing etiquette.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scubierex
Hmmm I can't say I agree with that. What are we trying to achieve? This discussion is great, but I believe there is a much deeper issue here than rough driving, respect for other racers.

I think from my perspective some of the roughest heats usually are the A mains. I find a select group of racers (and I am not innocent either) are un willing to allow guys who have made the A main no opportunity to do anything. If you are slower I too believe in qualifying you should move over, but also that does mean that the faster car should be patient to allow the slower one to get out of the way in a safe spot. Lately reality is "faster car punts slower car, sorry is said, and to bad so sad". This attitude in my opinion needs to change, as we need to entice new people to race.

Just me two cents.
Yeah, you need to give the slower car the opportunity to move over. But if I got in an accident with someone trying to pass me in qualifying, I would personally prefer if they just carried on rather than wait and attempt to pass me a second time, thus slowing me down even further. My lap times are more important than my pride I know everyone doesn't agree with this though. So if you happen take me out in qualifying, feel free to carry on. My feelings won't be hurt!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Race Night recap

Hello everyone!

What a great night of racing! Our drivers meeting went well, and I found out that I am not a very good public speaker.

So the F1 main was first. Ivan and Aaron were driving back and forth having fun racing each other. Benny finished forth, and Walter fifth. Cal finished fifth. Trevor and Bernie both had issues.

Touring stock c main. Patrick had a great race! He drove smoothly and won this heat. Great work! Chuck drove well too and finished second. James had a good run and finished third. Trevor was very close for forth. Ian was doing well, but he stripped a spur. Bummer!

Touring stock b main. Blaine had a good race. He had a good car and won this race. Mike was only 4 seconds behind for second. Ken making his car better all night finished third. Cal had a fast car, but a few mistakes allowed him to finish forth. Walter had a couple mistakes too and finished fifth. Tim, as well, had a fast car, but made a few mistakes. He finished sixth.

Touring stock a main. Tommy had this one from the start. He had the fastest car and it showed with his win. Jim put up a good fight and held off Kerry for second. Kerry finished a close third. Aaron drove smooth for a forth place finish. Al made a mistake, but he held on for fifth. Bernie drove really well with few mistakes and finished sixth in the a main. Great work Bernie!

Touring mod a main was next. It was Steve who took the win. Jim did a tire change and finished second. Tommy speed drove quick for a third place finish. Ivan drove consistent for fourth. Shane did as well for fifth. Benny finished sixth, and Matt seventh.

I have a request to the HSC for allowing us to open and practice on Monday. Check back here for updates.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Monday

Hey everyone

We will be able to open the track on monday for some practice. If you practice marshals are going to open, please post up here first as to the time you will open. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wil02
Hey everyone

We will be able to open the track on monday for some practice. If you practice marshals are going to open, please post up here first as to the time you will open. Thanks.
awesome !
Old 02-15-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wil02
Hey everyone

My plan is to be at the track at close to noon, and planning to leave around 5pm. Might run a little later... If other practice marshals want to help extend this early or later that would be great.

I think Steve has the right thinking if one person is an A mainer and the other person is a C mainer; in such case I think both people or probably ok with Steve driving on without waiting. I think its a lot more frustrating when you are both B mainers fighting to be the slow guy in the A. In Steves case a crash or two isnt going to take him out of the main, but in the case of the B mainer, seeing someone eak you out by 2 seconds on track when they managed to drive though you and then drive off is frustrating...

Along the same lines, when I catch up to some guy for the third time, and every time I try to pass we both wreck and they drives off, and I catch him back up in the next 2 or 3 laps, it would really be nice to be let go....

I think in general I am pretty good at getting out of the way of faster races... on most tracks I pick a couple places where I like to let people go... and make them wait and then make a lot of space.

For me when I wreck with the faster guys it is usually a lack of communications. I am usually trying to cross the line to in between corners to give them the inside on the next one, but without saying anything we cross paths. I think just a little more communication on the stand would go along way. I think rhetorical questions are great?

"Are you going to let me go this time... cleanly? "
"Really, you are NOT planning on waiting for me? "
"Are you driving or hacking?"

I am not great at talking on the stand... need to work on it too. Peer pressure will go a long way. No one wants to be known as The Hack.

-b

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.