Like Tree49Likes

Carcar

Old 04-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks to all the usual suspects who stuck around today to tear down the track. Start polishing your cars for next season

Old 04-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

+1 on that Mark! I so appreciate those members that are willing to dig in and do what’s needed to make the club work. See you all next fall, have a great summer!
Old 04-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Karter44 View Post
Thanks to all the usual suspects who stuck around today to tear down the track. Start polishing your cars for next season

you guys so lucky.....here in southern ont. nothing but stick and ball sports. nice kart track though.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hello CARCAR members I hope you and your families are enjoying the summer. we are 1/2 way through the off season, and while the 2018-19 season seems like its far away, we have some decisions to make as a club. as you are aware at the end of the season there was some class modifications made that effect the wcics series. Stock Class will now become 21.5 motor, 1/12 pan car will now switch from 13.5 to 17.5 turn motor. there are another few adjustments that have been made and you can check out the full list on the wcics site or wcics thread on rctech.net. the Modification to the Stock class going from a 17.5 motor class down to a 21.5 classification is by far the biggest change as it is the biggest class, now we need to decide if we as a club want to continue in our current format of 17.5 or transition to the new 21.5 or remain a club that has its stock class running the 17.5. both side have their pros and cons. I would like to get your thoughts on what we would like to do as a club so people can prepare for the new season.
To summarize we mainly offer 4-5 classes each race night at CARCAR. touring modified ( no changes) formula 1, euro truck, mini, touring stock and 1/12 pan car. I would like to think that the best way to do is to do a poll and see what the members like before the season so people can plan accordingly. before we post a poll I would like to get your opinions on the direction you would like to go and if you can send me your email address [email protected]. or send me a pm. we can post a poll in the members section, but I also would like to send an email outlining the course of action to our members, now I ask that only members email me please, we have an updated email list from last year, but you know how people sometimes change emails and we get bounce backs so we want to make sure everyone is accounted for. I will post on rctech for people to check out our facebook page and members section, and if you can spread the word for others to look on here that would be appreciated. again please post your comments and questions. we are hoping to have something outlined by the end of july but want to ensure everyone has their say.
thanks for your input and if I have missed anything please add
CARCAR executive
Old 07-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Kerry. I don’t want to “start” anything on RC tech. This is an update that Calgary members might not be aware of. I just wanted to add that Edmonton has had their AGM and decided as a club to use last years rules. 17.5 TC Stock and 13.5 1/12 Scale Stock and Open esc Mod. The ATS race in Edmonton will be using those rules and they would like to have the same rules run for the race in Calgary. Not saying we should blindly just copy what they do, but the Carcar club members I have talked to want to run the same rules as last year. Also it should be noted that Carcar as a club voted against the WCICS rule changes based on the feedback Trevor received from the membership.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Heres my issue with switching. For me to run a 17.5 (if we went to 21.5) i would need a complete new car and gear for 1/12 scale. I think running one more year at 17.5 would be perfect. Then all of us can use the rest of what we have. Not only that, i dont believe we need to be slowing stock down anymore. no matter what we do, it will always be a motor/esc war no matter what way you look at it. Sure we want new people to come in to the club and have a great time, but with how strong the cars are built, 17.5 was slow enough for myself to get back up to speed. Not only that, with USGT getting bigger and with more guys to run with, i dont see why we cant offer USGT as the beginner class with 21.5.

Another big thing is that we keep comparing 17.5 times to Mod times as being almost the same. No wonder the times are so close because none of the mod motors can get going on the size of tracks we race on whereas the 17.5s are able to wind right up and go full speed. Much easier to get a good time when your cars not a handful.

Personally i think 21.5 is much to slow. I want to be challenged by the car, not have everything made easy for me
Old 07-09-2018, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just curious - why would you need a new car if motors switched?
Old 07-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Only class to use the 6 17.5s i have lying around is 1/12 scale. That or get rid of them all.

Buying a a new car is a me problem. The fact that 21.5 is slow as mud (to me) is the issue at hand

Last edited by stanislow; 07-09-2018 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Wording
Old 07-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My vote hinges on what Ivan is going to do...

If he's going to move the 21.5 he had in his USGT at ATS to his stock car then I vote to move to 21.5. This 21.5 is so under powered that Raz, and Ruptash both took him to school and taught him a lesson. 3 Finger's got Ivan in his sights and is looking to take him down over and over and over and over again in 2018!

Joking aside

I would vote for 17.5.

WCICS changed the rules of the most popular class at our club and instead of us jumping in feet first I'd recommend taking a cautious approach by letting WCICS run a season and see how it all pans out before look to change our rule book.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Free runs

Hi im new to this community and i was wondering about the practice track times and what kind of chassis am i permitted to run and also when would to times be for those nights also i have a Tamiya TT-02D so i kind of what to do some Drifting Thanks !!
-Justin
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Have a look at carcar.ca for all the classes we run and the associated rules. As you can see below, there is some discussion as to a potential change in the motor spec for Stock and Mod Touring cars so keep that in mind.

Drifing is done o a hard surface and we have carpet at carcar so that wouldn't work very well !

Originally Posted by awesomeasian3 View Post
Hi im new to this community and i was wondering about the practice track times and what kind of chassis am i permitted to run and also when would to times be for those nights also i have a Tamiya TT-02D so i kind of what to do some Drifting Thanks !!
-Justin
Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

What I don't understand is what WCICS is trying to accomplish. What's broken ?

I've heard noises about not being friendly enough to newcomers but what's not clear (to me, at least) is what is keeping them away -is it too fast (intimidating) or too expensive -or perhaps both ?

If 17.5 is too much motor for you (and I would agree it it for someone starting out), then there is USGT for you. If it's too expensive, well....a 21.5 isn't going to cost you any less. At some point, the cost to race R/C is the cost and if it's not in your budget, then maybe R/C isn't for you. At one point, I would have said that there is Mini for people who are sensitive to startup costs but a reliable race-ready mini really isn't any less than a Touring Car by the time you've put alu parts in all the high-breakage areas.

If MOD and Stock times are so close, why not kill MOD ? (zipping up flameproof suit !). IMHO, people run MOD to have a second class and get more laps and some of us just need to be always buying and building something new. Nothing wrong with that but as far as common-sense goes, if a class doesn't offer people any sizzle, why keep it ?
Old 07-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

I think what 21.5 is doing is making the faster guys (hopefully) step up and challenge themselves in the modified class. Mod makes you a better driver and is the class that is at the top of the racing pyramid. Mod will also be the main class i run all year, stock at 21.5 is really just something to have fun at now and find some cool set up tricks. Trust me, im 100% against 21.5, but at the end of the day, its still a fun class to run and lots of people are going to run it (hopefully) as such.

Best part about Mod? Open motor and ESC. The only excuse you have is driving, your equipment is already fast
Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Not sure I saw you on the track this year racing a mod car, but hey comment on a class you don’t run or understand. 17.5 Stock has got to the limit of a TC corner speed. Mod cars can’t go any faster around a corner, the skill is using your extra power to gain speed down the straight and then slow the car down to 17.5 speed for the corner without over shooting it. Lap times don’t really show the speed of a car. If you think the cars are the same then run your 21.5 with boost, you should be as fast as a 4.5 Mod Car and come run Mod with us.

Again if the cars are too fast then why not make a beginner 25.5 class?
Old 07-14-2018, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

How often did you guys run mini and USGT last season? I hear mini kind of cacked when I got sick. Just trying to plan my Sundays.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 4.04 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service