Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Okay, other than running the website, I'm not all that involved with Karz anymore, but I'm sure my opinion will still seem biased to many. That's your deal, not mine. The fact is we've got two clubs in the city. One that caters to racers and the other to racers. there's a difference and that difference can work to our advantage.

Guys with kids who can't stay out late: You have an option and you've all said that it works for your kids due to schedule, racing style and the ability to interact with other kids. That's great. It's in place, ready to go.

Serious racers: We've for an awesome club for "grown ups" where we can stay out late, race fast cars and blow off steam. On top of that, there are two wide open practice nights every week. I can't imagine a better situation, save for having my own home track.

Both clubs have there strengths and weaknesses. Why don't we just stick to our strengths and not sweat the other stuff? Karz and Carcar both had off years for whatever reason. There's no reason they both can't thrive again like they did a few years ago.
Jim,
It was just a part of the discussion at CARCAR as to how to increase overall attendances.
Looking after new folks be they kids, or adults, just seems like a good way to get those new folks to stay once you get them in the door.
We also talked about how to get folks in the door in the first place.

I can see how CARCAR loses not only the kid racer, but the parent as well.
But all just part of a good discussion.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay, other than running the website, I'm not all that involved with Karz anymore, but I'm sure my opinion will still seem biased to many. That's your deal, not mine. The fact is we've got two clubs in the city. One that caters to racers and the other to racers. there's a difference and that difference can work to our advantage.

Guys with kids who can't stay out late: You have an option and you've all said that it works for your kids due to schedule, racing style and the ability to interact with other kids. That's great. It's in place, ready to go.

Serious racers: We've for an awesome club for "grown ups" where we can stay out late, race fast cars and blow off steam. On top of that, there are two wide open practice nights every week. I can't imagine a better situation, save for having my own home track.

Both clubs have there strengths and weaknesses. Why don't we just stick to our strengths and not sweat the other stuff? Karz and Carcar both had off years for whatever reason. There's no reason they both can't thrive again like they did a few years ago.
Well said.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

One way to get word out about the club.
Attached Thumbnails Carcar-img_0128s.jpeg  
Old 09-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yup, that pretty much sums it up -at least in how I think it's perceived.

And since Carcar has been the place for more serious racers, I have tended to respect that they don't necessarily want kids in their way. I can appreciate that the club, as an organization, wants to appeal to all -including kids, but unless there is a way to let the adult racers race in peace and have kids at the same time (i.e. have a kids class), I don't see how that can happen.

Again, I'm not saying that there should be a kids class at Carcar -Karz does this quite well- but if there was I would certainly try and get out there with Alex whenever possible (AND do Karz).

Guys with kids who can't stay out late: You have an option and you've all said that it works for you and your kids due to schedule, racing style and the ability to interact with other kids. That's great. It's in place, ready to go.

Serious racers: We have an awesome club for "grown ups" where we can stay out late, race fast cars and blow off steam. On top of that, there are two wide open practice nights every week. I can't imagine a better situation, save for having my own home track.

Both clubs have their strengths and weaknesses. Why don't we just stick to our strengths and not sweat the other stuff? Karz and Carcar both had off years for whatever reason. There's no reason they both can't thrive again like they did a few years ago.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mini

Hey guys, dose anyone have a truck body for a mo5 (mini) that they want to sell to to me if so let us know.
Thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have Colt Ford or Chev. $15.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would take the ford, thanks
Old 09-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Carter, pm.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default AGM Meeting Minutes, September 2nd, 2015

Minutes attached as a PDF. Apologies for posting as a PDF, but there was lots of indentation in the notes that would be a royal pain to reformat using the tools available on rctech.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AGM - September 2nd, 2015.pdf (58.6 KB, 126 views)
Old 09-09-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Nice work Ken
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any recommendations for a battery pack for my F1? I'm joining in on the fun! If someone has one to sell, please let me know. Thanks
Old 09-11-2015, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Gordon I used the HK 4200 shorty pack. Cheap and worked very well.

Canadian tire has a 38" wheeled hockey bag on sale, $35, would make a decent rc tote bag. I know a few guys use hockey bags, so thought id mention it.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
Gordon I used the HK 4200 shorty pack. Cheap and worked very well.

Canadian tire has a 38" wheeled hockey bag on sale, $35, would make a decent rc tote bag. I know a few guys use hockey bags, so thought id mention it.
Hobbyking Turnigy Nano-Tech 4200 mah shorty work great, and super cheap. Get two and you don't have to deal with hazardous shipping. That kicks in at 3. Also works great in M05 V2 mini.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

Carter, John PM sent
C-Lyon PM sent

Thanks guys
Tyson
Old 09-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vBH...layer_embedded

I found this video about building LiPos. Thought I would share as I find it interesting.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.