Like Tree52Likes

Carcar

Old 07-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

nope didn't arrive...............

oh well Off Road for me this weekend !!

hopefully hopefully hopefully Wednesday !!!
Old 07-19-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

thankyou Pete

Im shure youre tips will help me and many other racers in the club
much apreicated

Brian.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

vision boys! always have to think a couple of months in advance i guess thats why some are prepared for the future while others are focused on the past. if there are things you would like to see let me know

good racing
Old 07-22-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

OK Kerry,

what I and some others would like to know is what are we running this coming indoor season??

Is there to be F1 or not? if so what is the class, standard, open, stock mod

And 12th scale, I hope not, but be good to know ahead of time.

and also Tourers... 1 class running 19 turns, or as before.
If this is still to be the best supported class, will there be the same split as last year?? I hope not I really would like to see racing against more people. But let us all know your thoughts and we can hopefully thrash out some plans long before the season starts!!
Old 07-22-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

i'm glad a fellow brit can see the picture. i am just asking what our members would like to see happen at the club i know there is a few of us with new f1 cars. but let me know what you want? its your club too

all the best wee man

kerry
Old 07-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

sorry by the end of august we should have a complete detail list of all classes and events. but if you want curtain things done then call me and let me know your opinion. it is important to me

all the best

k
Old 07-22-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The most recent set of specs for the F1 class that we're going to use are on the website. There's a link under the 'Info' section.

Touring Stock (both Stock and Pro-Stock) has been the most popular class during the indoor season. I wouldn't want much changed about that format. At one point, we did merge the two classes... it provided a smoother transition point for racers who were getting better, but some people didn't like it.
Pro's were too busy dodging rookies instead of racing, and the rookies were too busy looking in their mirrors instead of concentrating on driving a clean line.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Pete that's all well and good, but it kinda feels to me like we end up pandering to 4 or 5 guys and don't bring any new guys on.

wouldn't there be a way to organise heats that are fair to all while still giving people at least a chance to work their way up?

Also for the F1, and the other classes, it's all well and good the specs being available, but no one seems to know if we will running them for sure.

Some more opinions might be handy.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:42 PM
Company Representative

I would like to see mod become one class. Some of the guys running the 4 min mod class run the tri cities, and don't seem to have an issue with runtime there. With the pro classes we are giving the impression that the pro drivers are elite somehow, and very few seem to want to make the jump up thinking that they don't have the gear or whatever.

I want to run in the F1 class here. Are the rules concrete as posted in the web page? Also are we going to pick one brand of 19t for this class?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think the gist is contained in rc pete's last sentence. Some of the non-pros are not very good at letting a faster car by, (and I'm among the worst), and some of the pros are so competitive they tend not to see the slower cars at all!
In essence, the separation provides a basic pre-sort, and racers are free to move up when they feel ready.
If the pros and nons were to be raced in one class, it would still be better to do a pre-sort for the overall enjoyment of both.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

hopefully i can shed some light on the issues. gary had a good point. i think we should combine the mod classes. as we get more and more classes, the # of heats will go down. we ran a rookie class because some of the guys didn't like the pressure and didn't have the battery life from there existing packs to last 5 Min. we can combine the classes and either have 4 min heats or stick with the 5 min. heats and let those people adapt to the new ways. as for the f1 class a 19t spec motor is the way in which we thought we would start with stock saddle packs. the majority of clubs in canada and the u.s.a have found that it is the better way to race these classes and it prevents it coming from a motor and battery war.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Sounding good Kerry.

I would think 5 minute heats though.
with todays battery technology it's easy to run for 5 minutes even with a cheap pack of cells, and also if you ever do go to a bigger meeting you would have to run 5 minutes anyway.

So, we are looking at :
F1 19turn
Touring Stock Pro
Touring Stock
Touring Mod

that about right??

And do we actually run some form of championship??

I never did find that out.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did you want to keep Stock and Pro-Stock separate? As long as we do a pre-sort in that class too, we should be able to run it the same way that you're suggesting with Mod.

I think that you'll drop just as much coin on the spec F1 class as you would on any Touring Class. A few of the guys got them overseas, because the kits themselves were pricy. The $20 that you save per each motor and battery is not much, unless you're not going to buy a crate-full. The maintenance cost and accidents will be greater, as it's an open-wheel class. As far it being a spec class with closer competition goes, I can't see it getting much closer than Touring Pro-Stock. But that's just my opinion.
Maybe it will be different enough to attract some new racers.

Yeah, there's supposed to be a championship. Last season the set of results ended up in some kind of a void. At the end of it nobody could find enough of it to make it worthwhile. I'll have to drum up what I can.
This year, I'll be posting the results on the web after every race day... or that's the plan, anyway. We'll be doing an F1 style series points system, but the actual points assigned will be different to cover more than 8 slots.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

all is as stated as pete mentioned. i think we should keep stock and pro stock as two seperate groups. lets not confuse the issue race day when people are trying to sort the computer out. we all know its hard to get people to help out these days at the track on race day. poor ian would be frazzled!!! more than he already is!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

So, is that a yes or a no on F1 ????

And points, is it sort of best 8 out of 10 type of thing?? Would be better if it was I think rather than all rounds counting, as I know now there's no way I can make every week, so what would be the point of me trying to enter a championship I know I have no chance in winning??

Wednesday nights looking good again, lots of nitro tourers out!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.81 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.