Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
T-Bang Announces Next Gen Product Lines! >

T-Bang Announces Next Gen Product Lines!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Announces Next Gen Product Lines!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Default T-Bang Announces Next Gen Product Lines!

Greetings Canadian Racers!

We are very excited to be joining everyone in the CDN R/C Scene Forums!

We've had a thread rolling in the Team and Company Discussions section for the past couple years, but we've been asked a number of times why we never post here, so, LET THE FUN BEGIN!

All joking aside - if you have never heard of us, we started as a BC-based OEM Motor Tuning Company but have undertaken a large expansion into an On-Line Retailer (at www.t-bang.ca). We also offer distribution sales and service to a number of Canadian retailers and are happy to help small dealers stay on top of the ever changing racing scene.

Our vision is to provide an excellent source for racing products across the country and points beyond. We are racers ourselves, and our goal is to make sure the best performing, highest quality products are available for the Canadian market at prices competitive with the rest of the world!

Our current product lines:
  • T-Bang Extreme Performance Motor Products
  • Team Corally Cars and Accessories
  • JACO Tires
  • Trinity Batteries, Fluids, and Accessories
  • SMC
  • XRAY
  • TCS Liquid Cooling Systems

However, today, we are pleased to announce a brand new initiative and product coverage for next generation power products in the T-Bang line-up!

For the past 18 months, we have been doing R&D and experimen ts with the "future" of electic RC racing - namely Lithium Polymer Batteries and Brushless Motor Systems. With recent ROAR rule changes, the time has come to put this R&D to practice and bring our efforts to market.

We will be bringing select high performance, high quality brushless and LiPo products to the market in the next few weeks.

The key advantage we believe we can offer is our proprietary dyno systems which are currently being upgraded to handle brushless motors. We endeavor to able to provide the same level of performance analysis and data for brushless as we have provided for our brushed motors. Our "no dud" policy will apply to these new products where performance guarantees are virtually non-existant today.

We thank Canada for it's support so far, and we look forward to working with more of you across the country as these new lines come together! If you are interested in becoming a T-Bang dealer, or receiving all of the latest news, please fire us a PM or e-mail ([email protected]) and we would be happy to keep you updated as the releases come to market.

T
Old 01-31-2008, 02:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If it weren't for you Trent, I wouldn't have known what a good 19 turn motor was capable of, or even been able to do testing for drift setups.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Sabin
If it weren't for you Trent, I wouldn't have known what a good 19 turn motor was capable of, or even been able to do testing for drift setups.
Thank you sir! You'd be surprised what a 19T can do!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, T.

What do you do to either tune or detune (whatever the case may be) for drifting? Just thinking about this since with the guys that are racing the T-Bang XS Type C and the X19 Type K at the Roar Nationals you have been asking for track layout and length considerations for the 1/12 guys but I was wondering about what the considerations are for other applications.

Speak truth, BigDaddy.

P.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Personally, I've had very good success with a 23T arm in a stock can.

Just by itself it puts out a good amount of torque. If Trent were to tune that kind of a mixmaster motor, the torque and RPM would be scary.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Addict

Yes. Drift is most certainly a different beast, and I don't claim to be an expert, but I can tell you what my thought process was with the prototypes that I sent over for JD.

Really, what I was looking for was solid torque to get the wheel spin on demand off the line, and then smooth, linear response to control the drift after that. Maximum power and rip is not as critical a concern as grunt and nice throttle response.

We initially tried a C 19T with T-Brushes, and it was pretty solid performance wise, but it got a bit hot, and brush and comm wear was a pretty big factor. In fact, when I got the motor back in to take a look at it the comm was pretty much done, and it was only after a few weeks of hard drifting.

Next idea was to tone down the amp draw just a little bit, and to try reduce brush and comm wear as much as possible. That's where the 23T arm came into play - I had a handwound arm that was actually originally built as a slave for the CE dyno. Combined with the extra long-wear XXX brushes, it was a much more sustainable combo.

Since then, JD has done a bunch of additional experiments with that arm in other cans and has come across some cool combos.

The main challenge left is to come up with a commercially viable combo - the experiments are super interesting, but from a cost perspective, mixing and matching cans and arms, and handwounds and so on are a bit prohibitive. I'm actually quite keen to see how a 17.5 brushless will work in this application as well..... Hope to get back into it more this summer.

T
Old 01-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

well welcome to the boards, stranger

your "sport" motor got me my first 1/12 win for 2008
Old 01-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
The main challenge left is to come up with a commercially viable combo - the experiments are super interesting, but from a cost perspective, mixing and matching cans and arms, and handwounds and so on are a bit prohibitive. I'm actually quite keen to see how a 17.5 brushless will work in this application as well..... Hope to get back into it more this summer.

T

These combinations have led me to believe that a stock can paired with either a 19x2 arm will give more speed to a more advanced driver, or a 23t arm to give more control to a more novice driver would probably cost me 45 dollars or so if I were to buy the parts at retail. Wholesale could very possibly be below that.

Some people have had success with a 27t stock motor, so that could be tuned accordingly for the beginner drifter, provided it has a balance between torque and RPM.

A handwound arm is nice to look at and gives bragging rights, but I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't affect performance as much as I initially thought. I also agree with Trent on the basis that if a handwound is to be used, the cost would rise to the point of diminishing returns (bad sales).. so handwound armatures are out.

Heatsoak becomes more of an issue because these cars are simply not going fast enough, and the motor cannot benefit from a fast stream of cool air rushing by it. Using a black can (oxide or otherwise) should help with this issue by absorbing the heat better, just like a black heatsink absorbs heat better than a polished one.

Unfortunately at this point I cannot run brushless, simply because I do not have the correct speed controller. That will change in the future when I get an R1

Last edited by Sabin; 01-31-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STR_17
well welcome to the boards, stranger

your "sport" motor got me my first 1/12 win for 2008
Glad to hear it! You know - those "Sport" tuned motors have a lot more bang for the buck than most people think.

When we do a production run, the top caliber motors make their way into the extreme line-up, which is great, but there are still a lot of really good motors left! Not to shoot myself in the foot or anything, but if a motor is more than 10% outside of the spec, we're not shipping it in either line, so that gives you an indication of how tight the tolerance is on both the Extreme and the Sport series motors.

We're happy to be able to offer those motors as an alternative for people looking for a better value motor for either beginner or intermediate racing, or just where you know the motor isn't your limiting factor for getting to the top.

However - as you've seen, it's totally possible to take them all the way to the top! Truth be told - there aren't that many racers held back by their motor!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Hey, Race Fans!

Mick from Dekelz.com did up a sweeeet custom Dekel Sheet for the F1. I'll post pictures once I get the paint done! I hope to be able to bring the car to our local track to let drivers have a whirl. I'l also likely drop it at Indy Hobby for a while so Ken's crew can take a look. Mmmmm ....

P.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gilligan
Hey, Race Fans!

Mick from Dekelz.com did up a sweeeet custom Dekel Sheet for the F1. I'll post pictures once I get the paint done! I hope to be able to bring the car to our local track to let drivers have a whirl. I'l also likely drop it at Indy Hobby for a while so Ken's crew can take a look. Mmmmm ....

P.

I'm jeoulous now... I want to see it......
Old 02-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Addict

Hey, Race Fans!

P.
you had better bring it tomorrow phil!!!

seriously

or my dog will eat you

lol jk
Old 02-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Phil,

What body fits on the F1?

Thanks,
Roy

Hey, Race Fans!

P.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f2000racer
Hi Phil,

What body fits on the F1?

Thanks,
Roy
Hi Roy,

The Kit does comes with a clear body but right now on my ride, I'm using a carbon imprinted body from Tamiya. Yes, no need painting and it's from my F201 chassis. It'll fit with new holes drilled and a little trimming.:

Where have you been? We are now racing in Richmond. Very close to everyone. Come out and play or just check out the racing and say hi.
Hope to see you soon at the track.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

You don't know how itchy my hands are and get into the mix Saturday schedule just doesn't fit my schedule (kids ) unless it's a main event.

Anyways back to what this thread is all about the F1 really looks very sweet!! I suppose Corally would make bodies for this car aside from Tamiya.

As for my PHI, ran it only once and will need alot of work to set it up right.

Well summer's coming soon

Roy

Originally Posted by chrisman
Hi Roy,

The Kit does comes with a clear body but right now on my ride, I'm using a carbon imprinted body from Tamiya. Yes, no need painting and it's from my F201 chassis. It'll fit with new holes drilled and a little trimming.:

Where have you been? We are now racing in Richmond. Very close to everyone. Come out and play or just check out the racing and say hi.
Hope to see you soon at the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.