Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR) >

2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR)

2007 On-Road Summer Season - Vancouver Miniature Auto Racing (VMAR)

Old 04-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
I always wondered if peel it hosts nitro on road at all in thier facility..I know they do electric but is the track enough for a nitro car or enough ventilation...Let those guys know what we are doing up here ..It would be nice to see them travel up for a race or two ...it always nice to have new people attend
Hey Eddie - They full on run nitro indoors there. The off-road side of the facility is a full on indoor nitro track. The on-road side used to be indoor asphalt and they ran nitro as well. However, this year, they bought carpet for it to give that a shot, so obviously they weren't running Nitro on that.

I think the plan was that the carpet could be rolled back to expose the asphalt again if desired, but I don't know what they're doing in that regard.

All that said - it still gets pretty toxic in there when it's running in full swing. There's ventilation, but the combo of Nitro/dust/etc. from off-road is a bit potent. Still lots of fun though. The guys down there are cool.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by topekoms
hey guys...any possibility that we can start a tamiya f1 class? or maybe a kyosho motorcycle class? that would be cool
so wat do we have now?
1/10 stock
1/10 19t
1/10 mod

1/10 nitro

tamiya minicooper

1/12 mod?

i think the tamiya f1 would be awesome
i jsut saw some videos on youtube.com...
the f1 chassis with mamba 7700kv + 3cell lipo
Yeah - the F1's used to be really popular around here. I had one for a couple of years and it was really a fun car to drive. Out on hot asphalt the tires totally squeal and stuff on the corners which was awesome. They're fast, and they handle really well too once you've got them set up.

The one thing that's tricky with them is that in stock form they only have a couple of different gear ratio's to choose from so it was hard to get them set up for different motors. I'm guessing that there are probably aftermarket motor mounts though that allow you to change the ratio. That would be the best, especially to run hotter motors in there because the two factory gear ratios are both pretty low.

We could definitely run them if people bring them out of retirement - the old spec for that class used to be 19T motor which was pretty fast in there. Mod would be crazy with the right gear ratio.

The way we work it is that if there is interest, we will add the class - basically, this means that 5 or so racers need to commit to coming out on a given day, and we'll add the class. It's easy for us to put additional classes into the rotation - it's just a matter of people coming out with the cars.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

cool stuff...i know a few ppl who might be interested already...those arent too expensive too!
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

rc tears are raining down from the rc gods ....we will wait for a while but each time I look outside it does not seem to let up.....I will ask if setting up on the saturday next week if it looks the same as this weekend is possible as we know how the weather here in the beautiful lower mainland is ..its like dodging a bullet ...Will keep you posted
Old 04-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

the rain stopped over here in west vancouver...still overcast
Old 04-08-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

We went for lunch then by the track today at about noon -1pm...it was still wet ...it would be to much to set up for a couple of hours ...gentlemen enjoy your sunday and if you haven't seen the malaysian grand prix its been rerun on speed tv right now .....take care and we will try again ...it turning out to be a really good race ...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

crazy mike! send me a pm with ur cell number.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

Let's give it another shot!

It looks like the weather should be better for this Sunday, so we're going to try running a test and tune day again at the asphalt track.

West Coast Express - Port Coquitlam
2125 Kingsway
Port Coquitlam, BC

http://www.westcoastexpress.com/PortCoquitlam.htm

Time:

Set up is from 8:30 am onward. The track is open as soon as we are set up. Please come out and give us a hand getting everything rolling.

Fees:

Non-members $17
VMAR Members $12

Annual memberships are $50 and are available at the track.

Hope to see all of you asphalt burners out on Sunday!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet! I can't wait!

Pray for sunshine!!!

We will trying out a new parking lot for our track. It should be a lot better for pit space, communication and parking. It just seems to make a lot more sense. We welcome your feedback to see if you guys like it better, lets just give it a chance.

We worked hard to make the track material better. We have:
- New 3/8 boards (6inch high x 8feet long), all primed and Painted yellow - 256ft of them.
- 4 x 4 block to hold them together with 3/8 carriage bolts.
- 150 feet of Catch fence, 2ft high - for the straight away.
- Painted Drivers stand
- New Timing lop overpass that Trent built.

Can't wait to put it all together. It should turn out to be a really professional looking track.

We will also be using RC Scoring Pro - Lap Timing software!
New Used Lap top. The other one craped out.

See You on Sunday!

Super Mario
Old 04-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Mario,

What shore tires are you using in your nitro car on this track? It looks like I will be coming to the dark side of nitro this summer as well as running my '007.

Hey Eddie!!! Answer my PM!!!

John
Old 04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll be out there to lurk around and hang out. My car is far from ready (I've been in the hospital for a month and I'm getting out tomorrow), but I'd love to smell the nitro and see how the new track looks!

Hope to see you all Sunday!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Hope to see you out there dude! Hope you're feeling better....

It's looking good for tomorrow - Enviro Canada says sun and cloud for tomorrow. They dropped the POP altogether.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default Foam's

Johnny9 -

I run 35 to 40 shore. I would start out with 35's as the traction needs to be built up, an then you can go harder. I like to run the same shore front and back if possible. It will depend what you are running, and your driving style and the type of car.

Did you buy a Nitro car? I have a Serpent 710 for sale if you are interested.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

I broke down and bought a nitro car. I can't wait for the smell of nitro this summer. I will be running stock electric and nitro. Now I just gotta find a good pitman.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Johnny ...Sorry about not getting back to you ...I never get pm's so I don't know when there is one ...I have been reading the threads and I know which car you picked up for yourself....I respect your decision (just joking)...that great that you will be coming to the nitro side ...You'll always have a pit man ..even if its me haha ...We had a practise day yesterday and it was great ...When do you think that you might be coming down.....by the way mario and myself are trying to get trent to run nitro ....maybe this will be nudge him ...I'll buy the serpent electric car if trent goes nitro....hahaha Take care and can't wait to see the car and yourself again ...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.