Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default OverGeared Racing Spring/ Summer Schedule

Hello All.

The new Spring/Summer Schedule is now posted up on
http://www.overgearedracing.com

http://www.overgearedracing.com/Sche...edule_css.html

We will keep you posted if there are any changes to Race dates and Venue Locations.

Will
Old 12-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Can someone clearify the difference between GT1,GT2, GT Extreme. What's on foam and rubber.

Dave
Old 12-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WhoopAssRCing
Can someone clearify the difference between GT1,GT2, GT Extreme. What's on foam and rubber.

Dave
Dave,

For TCS GT1 and GT2 is always Tamiya rubbers.
For GT Extreme class (support class) on carpet, foams tires are to be used. This Extreme class will be open motor.
Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

The Western TCS rules will be posted shortly.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

So the febuary TCS race is an indoor race? i know you guys spring earlier then we do in sask ,but i assume its a carpet race.

what will the times be ? just a rough est would be fine. also what airport is the closest so i can see what flights will cost .
Old 12-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Chris... so this means that for all the touring guys novice included, if they don't drive a tamiya car they have to run Mod. With so limited racing already is it a good idea to take racing away from the novice, stock, and 19 turn guys.

I know the next thing your going to say is they can run 12th scale, but this means they have to buy another car.

This really doesn't affect me because I run mod and 12th scale. I just see alot of racing being taken away from the newer guys. Not a good way to try and grow the hobby.

Just my opinion

Dave
Old 12-25-2006, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Chris... so this means that for all the touring guys novice included, if they don't drive a tamiya car they have to run Mod. With so limited racing already is it a good idea to take racing away from the novice, stock, and 19 turn guys.

I know the next thing your going to say is they can run 12th scale, but this means they have to buy another car.

This really doesn't affect me because I run mod and 12th scale. I just see alot of racing being taken away from the newer guys. Not a good way to try and grow the hobby.

Just my opinion

Dave
Dave, if you check the schedule on Overgeared website, the dates clearly stated what classes are run on specific dates.

I never said anything about touring guys who does not have a tamiya car will have to run mod.

The added classes are Gt1,Gt2 and mini spec which abides to TCS rules which starts on Jan 27th as a pre warm up TCS race. I see more people will actually come and race. OGR is here to promote racing and TCS annually. 2007 starts the early season of TCS so it happens on carpet.

All racers have a choice to run any dates we scheduled. Either just a regular club race or a TCS event.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snopro31
So the febuary TCS race is an indoor race? i know you guys spring earlier then we do in sask ,but i assume its a carpet race.

what will the times be ? just a rough est would be fine. also what airport is the closest so i can see what flights will cost .
Rob...how's it going?. Yes, our 1st race is in Feb 24th. Check our website for more dates and details. www.overgearedracing.com
Races will be done on carpet. Time wise, we haven't established one yet. It'll be a one day event. Airport, I believe Abbotsford airport be the closest. Talk to you soon.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Chris, It clearly states:

Feb 3 Classes, novice, 19 turn foam, open mod, 27 turn stock, 12th scale 19 turn. tamiya mini stock.

Feb 24 classes:GT1, GT2, GT extreme, 12th scale 19 turn, tamiya mint spec.

this says these are the classes that will be ran, Not classes that will be added to the schedule. If you put on Feb 24 that Novice, 27 turn stock 19 turn open foam will be also ran then everyone will know that those classes are running as well.

Dave
Old 12-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Chris, It clearly states:

Feb 3 Classes, novice, 19 turn foam, open mod, 27 turn stock, 12th scale 19 turn. tamiya mini stock.

Feb 24 classes:GT1, GT2, GT extreme, 12th scale 19 turn, tamiya mint spec.

this says these are the classes that will be ran, Not classes that will be added to the schedule. If you put on Feb 24 that Novice, 27 turn stock 19 turn open foam will be also ran then everyone will know that those classes are running as well.

Dave
Let me clearify the dates here.

Feb 3rd is a regular club race and on the 24th it's not.
Title says it's a TCS event.

On TCS dates only one support class is going to be run, which is Extreme.
So there won't be novice or stock classes.
Other dates will support the novices,stk and 19t.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

That's what I'm getting at. If you run novice, stock, or 19 turn, and you don't run a tamiya. You have to miss out on racing. They get to run feb 3rd. and then not again til march 24. So I'll say it again. with such a limited racing schedule for us club guys, why run a tamiya series race and hurt our own club numbers. Yes you might get more entries at these two events. But you also might get guys dropping out of the hobby because they don't get to run very much.

It's your club, this is my opinion. this is the last thing I'll say on the topic.

Dave
Old 12-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Okay in some ways I agree with Dave. Last year GT Extreme was a 19T class and with the popularity of 19T this year it would be a good idea to do the same again. Maybe a stock rubber and a 19T foam class would be a good solution. But at the same time Dave, OGR has been a big part of the TCS and this is a world wide event. This is spec racing and theirs alot of drivers that buy Tamiyas so that they can participate in this world wide event. Other Clubs around the world dont have a GT Extreme classes, its a tamiya only event and the point is to encourage people to participate in this battle of the drivers not what car you drive. Im not saying this because I drive a Tamiya, I also will be driving GT Extreme and would like to see the rules accomidate everyone to make for better racing. The hole point of the TCS is to expose this style of racing to everyone and hope they get involved. If you make too many other classes then people will just say " Oh Ill just run GT Etreme" which isnt even a class in the TCS in the begining.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jus want to wish everyone a belated Merry Christmas and a happy new year coming.

Looking forward to our first racing date Jan.6th...........
Old 12-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

ok so this is a noob question... please be nice what do these classes mean... im a novice racer.... i see i wont be racing any tcs? races...... but the outdoor stuff... is there any nitro class or is it all batt cars? can somone explain this for me as there is nothing on the ocr site...
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

l

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.