Search

RCTV !!! On the OLN Channel !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RCTV !!! On the OLN Channel !!!

Just in case there are a few out there who haven't heard... Great Hobbies is sponsoring a TV show on R/C... called "RCTV". It will air on the OLN channel Saturdays at 6:30am and 8:30am Mountain Time.

For those of you with Bell Express Vu, OLN is channel 411.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Here's the schedule for the series.these guy's traveled all over the place and got some great footage.
The exciting world of RC hobbies provides a great opportunity to produce captivating television. Cars crashing, monster trucks jumping though the air, boats skipping across the water at incredible speeds, and helicopters and planes doing amazing aerial acrobatics. RC-TV, a show about radio controlled models, takes us on a journey across

Canada, to visit with many RC enthusiasts. Hosts Nik Rak and Gary Stephen bring you all the info you need about this fascinating hobby while Ingo and Paul struggle to succeed on the race track in a weekly segment called “So you wanna race.”

Episode One, Saturday Nov. 18, 2006. & Feb. 17, 2007. 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

We learn about flying RC helicopters from one of Canada’s top flyers.

Mike Zimmerman. We are introduced to off road racing when we profile the GLORCS race series. Paul and Ingo prepare for the TCS on road race series in their basement workshop. We visit the Oakville Model Flying Club for a fantastic air show.

Episode Two, Saturday Nov. 25 2006. & Feb. 24, 2007. 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

XFC champion Scott Grey is profiled.

We visit Metro Marine Modelers fast electric club and learn about electric RC boats.

RC-TV visits Sammy’s speedway in London Ontario for a fast action off-road buggy racing.

Episode Three, Saturday Dec. 2, 2006. & March 3, 2007. 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

We talk to Canadian Scale Aerobatics Champion Ivan Kristensen .

Monster trucks hit the dirt at Sammy’s Speedway

And we visit the XFC’s in Troy Ohio, The Extreme Flight Championships.

This story features many colorful planes and helicopters doing wicked aerobatics.

There is a surprise or two in this one.

Episode Four, Saturday Dec. 9 2006. & March 10, 2007. 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

If you love speed you will love this, nitro boat racing from Collingwood Ontario.

The Southern Ontario On-road Nitro Championships from Fast Cats,

And Colin Bell takes to the skies at the Extreme Flight Championships in Troy Ohio

Episode Five, Saturday Dec 16, 2006. & March 17, 2007. 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

The highlight of this show is a segment called the Nik and Pony show.

Maple Leafs Nik Antropov and Alexei Ponikorovski face off in an RC rookie battle.

And Scott Grey takes to the skies at the Extreme Flight Championships in Troy Ohio.

Episode Six, Saturday Dec 23, 2006. & March 24, 2007 . 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

Sit back and relax, today we have scale model boats from Halifax. Powered by steam, sail, or battery, they are all beautifu,l and where better to view them than in Halifax Canada, A city with a rich maritime history. It’s not all relaxation though, as Paul takes his nitro car out of the closet and tries to race (he should of practiced) in this “So You Wanna Race” segment. It’s O.K., you can relax again, we also have, (my favorite) highlights from The Oakville Model Flying Club’s annual air show (Part 2 of 2).

Episode Seven, Saturday Dec. 30, 2006 & March 31, 2007 . 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

We visit the Northern Lights Model boat club for the 2006 Canadian Nationals Fast Electric Race. These boats are fast, of course if you prefer a more relaxing pace check out our segment from Price Edward Island, “back yard sailing.”

Episode Eight, Saturday Jan. 6, & April 7, 2007. 8:30 am, 10:30 am.

We check out some awesome float fly planes and even a chopper at an event in Niagara.
Paul and Ingo battle it out at the on-road TCS finals, and the dirt flies at the Sprucewood Invitational GLORCS race.

Episode Nine, Sat. Jan. 13 8:30 am, 10:30 am. & April 14. 8:30 am, 11 am.

We had to get another look at those beautiful scale boats from Halifax. While out east we visit the Atlantic Fun Fly from New Brunswick . Then it’s mayhem as model ships try to blow each other out of the water!

Episode Ten, Sat. Jan. 20, 8:30 am, 10:30 am. & April 21. 8:30 am, 11 am.

How fast is the fastest Nitro Boat? We’re not sure but we look at one that goes 80 miles per hour. What’s the difference between a Truggy and a Monster Truck? We visit an Edmonton off-road track to find out. Then we visit one of the largest air shows of the year as we visit a Chatham airport for a fantastic scale model event.

Episode Eleven, Sat. Jan. 27, 8:30 am, 10:30 am. & April 28. 8:30 am, 11 am.

It’s all action at the GLORCS Finals, these Monster Trucks Let the dirt fly! You love planes and helicopters on a beautiful day? Check out these beauties at the Western Fun Fly in Edmonton Canada. Then from Hamilton we have some wickedly fast nitro on road racing.

Episode Twelve, Sat. Feb. 3 8:30 am, 10:30 am. & May 5. 8:30 am, 11 am.

More dirt action, the GLORCS series Buggy Championship and more high-speed action, nitro boats from Collingwood. This show’s got plenty of punch.

Episode Thirteen, Sat Feb. 10, 8:30 am, 10:30 am. & May 12. 8:30 am, 11 am.

We show you more great footage from the Atlantic Fun Fly in New Brunswick , Nik Antropov and Alexei Ponikorovski of the Maple leafs face off in a boat race, and it’s an all out brawl in the dirt. GLORCS Truggy Championship!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

who organized this? it is about time we had some real tv coverage. we have had several tv crews out to our track but it has always been sort of a bit peice filler on the news. congrats to the organizers on this success. is this going to be a regular tv show? anyway.

adam
Old 11-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default The Link to a tease

Dudes

Here is the link I found in another forum:

http://www.greathobbies.com/promo/rctv/

Check it out, looks real good!!!!

Regards,
Old 11-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Check out the teaser!

http://www.greathobbies.com/promo/rc...rctv_promo.mpg
Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys... it IS about time TV started paying attention to our cool hobby... we might not be 1,000,000 strong in Canada (yet...), but lets make OLN believe that we are!!! If we want this kind of thing to continue and not be cancelled due to the producers of the show thinking that not enough people are watching, lets all start contacting OLN to tell them that the show is great and that we want more of it!!! (let's wait until after the first episode... LOL)

Last edited by MadHacker; 11-17-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Your absolutly right ,support is very inportant in order for a great show like this to air for many years to come.There goal is to promote the hobby in all areas.You never Know they just might show up a your local track, boat pond or air strip .These guy's are hardcore and wan't to spread the RC love.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Deluxe!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

here's another tease http://mail.google.com/mail/?attid=0...b5eaff26c5d685
Old 11-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

We gotta get them out for the Winter Nat's! They'll flip when they find out what we do to get a nitro fix in the middle of winter!
Old 11-17-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

I'm working on it,but no promises

Last edited by EAT DIRT; 11-30-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BuddhaTech
We gotta get them out for the Winter Nat's! They'll flip when they find out what we do to get a nitro fix in the middle of winter!
I agree!
Old 11-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

6.5 HOURS TO THE FIRST SHOW. MW AND MT SON ARE GETTING UP EARLY TO WATCH. THEN IT IS OFF TO HOCKEY
Old 11-18-2006, 08:10 AM
gkb
Tech Adept

Default 1st episode

Awesome show. Very well done. I have it programmed on my PVR now so I will never miss an episode!!
Old 11-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gkb
Awesome show. Very well done. I have it programmed on my PVR now so I will never miss an episode!!
Yeah, it gave me goose bumps to finally see our "underdog" hobby on national TV. I thought the show was great... the first crash scene at the air show just about gave me a heart attack! LOL!

The only thing I noticed that might cause some of those who are not of the officially RC Obsessed group to flip channels is the ratio of segment lengths to commercial lengths. The commercials seemed as long as the show segments, taking some of the excitement out of the show. But other than that... Great job!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.