Search

CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Season

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Season

All viewers and posters.

I have started this thread as my commitment to what I have wrote about and touched on within this forum and other forums across the internet, being open to the public and to keep all players on the up and up in the implementation and getting started of the CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region Racing.

I will be using this thread as a posting board for the log entries (diary) of discussions that I am having with all tracks that I contact with regards to participating in the CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Series.

If you are not from our Region but would like to particpate, please do so, as I am very open to comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Old 11-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

right on!!!! i was looking at racing in winnipeg this summer when i come to visit. and lawrence, we'll have to go out to the track. you can see my new ride. MBX5T PROSPEC!!! anyway post dates as soon as you can so i can plan on coming out.

adam
Old 11-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I am sure we will know ealry in the new year , what the plans are for offroad in yorkton . we didnt run last year for alot of reasons most due to people haveing other comitments for the summer .

I do think we have one of the nicest tracks in the 2 provinces. anyone who has been here can vouch for our track . if we run the track this season i am sure we would be interested in running a leg of the series.

I will see if i can dig up pics of our track for people to see.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update #1

Fellow Racers

This is the first update on my progress for the CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Series.

Currently I have managed to confirm the track counts for the provinces of SK and MB. SK has a total of two built tracks and one that is rebuilding at a new location in spring of 2007. MB has a total of five built tracks and two more being built in the spring of 2007.

Of these tracks, in SK I have contacted all three and have had some minor email discussions. Unfortunately of the three tracks that I have found I must report that one cannot hold a race for the series. Personal commitments to family farm and no time is available to set-up thier track. The other two tracks are very interested however they do not have a commitment at this time. They will be contacting there club members and be reporting back to me however I am not sure when this will be.

In MB I have contacted six of the seven tracks that are scheduled to be race ready next season. I have received strong interest from two and currently awaiting replies from the other four. I can confirm that the two tracks that have reported back still require discussions with there repsective clubs on determining if they are willing to host a leg of the series.

Unfortunately I can not report any dates to when the actual racing will begin at this time. Please accept my request for patience and I will inform all of my fellow racers as soon as I confirm with the respective tracks.

On another note, if any readers have addresses or locations of tracks that you think I may have missed, please post a reply on this thread and I will follow your lead.

Regards to all posters and viewers,
Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update #2

Fellow Racers

This is the second update on my progress for the CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Series.

As noted in the previous post, I have contacted 7 tracks in MB and 3 in SK.

I received some PM's from racers that wanted to know who these tracks are.

This post will provide this answers.

SK Tracks in no paticular order:

Saskatoon - http://www.skoffroad.ca/
Yorkton - No Website that I have found, just an email address.
Regina - No website that I have found, just and email address.

MB Tracks in no particular order:

Tracks in Winnipeg - 1 - http://www.eliminator-rc.com/
2 - http://www.midcanadarcautoracing.com/
Altona - http://www.rcrev.com/
Steinbach - http://semrocc.ca/club/
La Salle - http://www.teamwrp.com/
Winkler - No website that I have found, contacted through rcrev forum
Gimli - No website that I have found, contacted through rcrev forum.

These are the tracks which I have contaced via email or PM postings via other forums, ie not RC Tech, and phone calls.

As stated before, there is interest in the CORCS Region 6 - Offroad Series however I cannot confirm nor deny the participation of any of these tracks. This will happen when the potential tracks contact me to confirm their intention of hosting a two day event. When this information is presentable I will post all information in this thread.

With that in mind I must inform all viewers of this post that in order to make this series happen I am pushing for a minimum four race series in order to have one throw out just in case there are other personal commitments that forces racers to miss a series leg, i.e, weddings etc.

I hope to have answered some questions.

Please, if I have missed a track that you viewers notice that I have missed, please reply in this thread and I will follow up on your lead.

Regards,
Old 11-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update #3

Hey All

This is the third update on my progress for the CORCS Region 6 - SK/MB Region - 2007 Offroad Series.

Final negotiations and scheduling are just aroung the corner however I still have no dates for the upcoming racing events. However, I am 90% sure that this will be happening this up coming season.

Unfortunately I must report that this will be my last update until I finish hammering out the dates, classes, locations and accomodations with the respective track surroundings.

With the viewing of this post, all interested racers please post a reply if you are interested in attending. This information would help me out with speaking to the motels. hotel and Inns at the host tracks locations. I plan on requesting discounts for rooms once the dates are settled out and posted. This gives us ample time to speak to the places of rest to get better rates if I have a rough idea of who will be attending out of town races.

Regards fellow CORCS - Region 6 Racers,
Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I will make any of the races in saskatchewan or manitoba. i would also bring 2-3 other races to each event from yorkton with me.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When deciding on race dates, if possible, please schedule them on different weekends than the Alberta races, in case some Sask racers want to attend those events as well.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Default Update # 4

Hey Region 6 Race Fans and Partipants

As of right now I have emailed the confirmed participating tracks to come up with a schedule for our Region 6 Series. Since it is thier tracks we will be racing at, they must agreed between themselves for this to work.

I am not entirely sure when they will be getting back to me on this however in the email sent I have added """" ...I was in contact with some racers over forums on the net and our fellow racers within SK are requesting that we don’t hold races on conflicting dates with Region 5-AB. I don't see a problem with that because there are 12 other weekends that do not conflict with Region 5-AB. Here are the weekends that are available.

May 4-6, 11-13, 25-27; June 8-10, 15-17, 22-24; July 6-8, 13-15, 20-22, 27-29; Aug 10-12, 17-19. These are your dates to choose from and it looks like we pretty much have free reign for next summer so to speak. The National Final is set for August 31-September 2, 2007 in Langley, BC. Just remember that the Regional Champs do not have to attend because the National is a stand alone race. See CORCS website for more info on that."""

I hope this has calmed the minds of the posters that may want to attend Region 5 races.

Now it is up to the host tracks to determine when we will be racing.

Post again next Thursday with and update.

Regards,
Old 12-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Good job Budz,keep things roll'n
Old 12-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Keep it up buddy, I'll be there...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default Update #5

Hey Region 6 Race Fans and Partipants

Since I will not be able to post tomorrow due to not having access to a computer for the next few days I am updating a day early.

As of today I have not received any type of confirmation on dates from the hosting tracks.

I will be emailing them again later today as a reminder and to get some type of update from them.

On another note, I have spoken to hotels, motel and inns in the respective areas where Region 6 race event will be held and to my personell disappointment, none have provided any rooms at discounted rates.

However, I will be contacting them again once I have a better idea of how many racers will be attending our Region 6 events. This will be done once the dates of the races are confirmed through the host tracks and this information is posted on CORCS website. After this info is posted on the CORCS website attending racers can pre-register for our events. With the pre-registering information, I can use this information to present to possible lodging outfits. So please, once the events are posted, pre-register at CORCS website, even if you happen to not make the event, because I would like to present this information to possible lodging points.

Post again next week.

Regards to all racers,
Old 12-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Four of the Manitoba tracks get together for a Summer Series Race. Currently it is Altona(Rcrevolution), Steinbach(Semrocc), LaSalle(WRPraceway), and Winkler Manitoba. Check out the Manitoba Summer Series page Semrocc put together to cover the action. Don't forget to check all the albums, also there is a teaser vid on the main page. (WRP track)

Alot needs to be done to prepare for a CORCS race, but if we have the commitment of manpower, it could be done.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Dates

Hey WRP

Any dates yet for the Manitoba Summer Series, as I would like to attend these as well.

Not givin up two race titles that easy.

Let all of us know.

Regards,
Old 12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

We'll most likely start setting up the series dates shortly...how's the CORCS progress coming along?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.