R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   CORCS 2007 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/132582-corcs-2007-a.html)

Schneider 10-10-2006 08:09 PM

CORCS 2007

Just a note to let all know that the Canadian Off Road Championship Series will be run next year as usual. There has been some discussion on the ROAR Canada regarding the cancelation of the series due to ROAR coming back to Canada. This is definitely not the case. There will be series races in Kelowna, Kamloops, Calgary, Edmonton, Red deer, and Medicine Hat. The Finals this year will be held the labor day weekend in Vancouver.

As one of the original directors, I am very proud that the series is going into its 5th year. We will continue to focus on holding well organized, competitive, yet fun events. The schedule is still being worked out but it will be up soon on CORCS.ca

Congratulations to Don for bringing ROAR to Canada. We will work with Don on our scheduling to try and avoid major conflicts.

Rob

BulletMan 10-10-2006 08:17 PM

thats great news Rob. Now lets hope for a fantastic 2007 for CORCS!
As being RD for the BC events 2006, i am open for opion/suggestions from/to the DIRECTORS. We have learned quite alot, lets make it work better.

martin :D

BuddhaTech 10-10-2006 09:12 PM

I hope that some of the negativity on another thread doesn't dampen any enthusiasm for the CORCS events. There is some mis-information out there and I hope that everyone keeps an open mind when it comes to their racing future.

Glad to know that plans are under way for next year's CORCS. I'm planning on making a race in BC plus the final. Looking forward to another great summer racing off-road :nod: !

kruston 10-10-2006 09:16 PM

Hey guys im interested in going to a couple of the races next year not sure how many I can make because of a full schedule in the summer but I would like to know more about the series. what classes do you run?

Alex_kipper 10-10-2006 09:29 PM

exicted for this season coming up! hoping to do better then what i did this year!

BuddhaTech 10-10-2006 09:30 PM

The most popular classes are 1/8 Buggy, Truggy and Monster Truck. 1/10th Gas Truck and electric classes are run at most events as long as there's enough to make a class (usually 5 or 6 cars). Check out CORCS.ca for more info or ask here!

vega75 10-10-2006 09:31 PM

This is great to hear!!! I went to some races, not all (that's going to change next year :nod: ) and finished 3rd in the Alberta leg. (which really surprised me)
I'm really looking forward to this series next year.

Dave.

svengali 10-10-2006 09:36 PM

CORCS will be just fine - Discussions for next year's schedule are already under way. With all the positive feedback I've heard about this years events I'm quite sure 2007 will be bigger & better than ever.

SupermaxxRich 10-10-2006 10:47 PM

Nice seeing you this weekend Rob and talking with you. I am looking forward to CORCS this year as well!! Can't wait! I'm also looking forward to having ROAR in Canada and hopefully my favourite track(Kelowna will host a ROAR race next year as well) :nod: :D Sorry about the water pipe :p

DiscoDan 10-10-2006 11:09 PM

I will be booking my holidays according to the CORCS 2007 schedule ;)
I had an awesome time at the '06 events I made it to... can't wait for it all to start again!

Alex_kipper 10-11-2006 06:51 AM

are we going to be having the races on long weekends??

plumbum 10-11-2006 07:21 AM

i cant wait for the corcs series next year. i want to make all of alberta races and the final in vancouver. see you guys there.

Schneider 10-11-2006 08:58 AM

Alex: We have not nailed down the schedule yet. That will be up to the host clubs.

INFERN0 10-11-2006 09:03 AM

I am also looking forward to this coming season (funny how this one is barely cooled down and I am already looking to next yaer lol). :lol:

DiscoDan 10-11-2006 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by INFERN0
I am also looking forward to this coming season (funny how this one is barely cooled down and I am already looking to next yaer lol). :lol:

lmao yeah... I feel the same way. Only 5 months to Winternats!