Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Where to Drive RC Cars in Calgary >

Where to Drive RC Cars in Calgary

Where to Drive RC Cars in Calgary

Old 01-06-2023, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Where to Drive RC Cars in Calgary

Hi All! I'm new to the forums. My 11-year-old son received an RC truck (Traxxas Stampede) for Christmas, and I'm wondering where he can take it in Calgary and meet other enthusiasts. I got a membership to Blackfoot RC, but it looks like it operates in non-snow months. My internet searching has revealed CARCAR, but it appears to be for on-road, and I think his vehicle is off-road, so I'm not sure if it's allowed there. He'd probably enjoy just watching some races even and asking questions about the different cars.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Myrmida
Hi All! I'm new to the forums. My 11-year-old son received an RC truck (Traxxas Stampede) for Christmas, and I'm wondering where he can take it in Calgary and meet other enthusiasts. I got a membership to Blackfoot RC, but it looks like it operates in non-snow months. My internet searching has revealed CARCAR, but it appears to be for on-road, and I think his vehicle is off-road, so I'm not sure if it's allowed there. He'd probably enjoy just watching some races even and asking questions about the different cars.
Yes that is an offroad style vehicle and Carcar is for onroad based cars. The club you would be looking for is RC Gears and I believe they also only operate and race in the summer months. Both clubs are full of very helpful people that will answer any questions you would have for their respective types of racing vehicles / classes.