Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
2022 Ready to Run Raceway Summer Challenge presented by Canada Hobbies Jul 30-31 >

2022 Ready to Run Raceway Summer Challenge presented by Canada Hobbies Jul 30-31

Like Tree1Likes

2022 Ready to Run Raceway Summer Challenge presented by Canada Hobbies Jul 30-31

Old 07-15-2022, 05:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Gary Lau - Nitro TC- , T-shirt M
Thanks
Old 07-24-2022, 05:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I didnt see it in the OP but I'm assuming we are running qual points if tires are limited?
Old 07-24-2022, 09:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lukyduckie
I didnt see it in the OP but I'm assuming we are running qual points if tires are limited?
I had been suggesting this to them for many years! But the answer is always “No”
So I might just run 1 time on Saturday to save tire😓
Old 07-28-2022, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

no qual points this year, easier to manage, simpler for the racers.

please remind me for next year, before the season and we'll make it happen.
Old 07-29-2022, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

LOL
ok I'll remind you to click the qual points checkbox and mention it at the drivers meeting.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default Race Results and Thank you for coming!

We just had one of our best Summer Challenges to date. 80+ drivers and 115 entries. As a club, we endured the sweltering summer heatwave, and managed to have a full function, well run event at RRR. Big thanks again to Canada Hobbies, GripworksRC, ORCA America, Motiv and GravityRC for stepping up and allowing each of our racers to have a handout prize and great raffle prizes. Please consider these companies when making your next RC purchase.

Thank you to the out of townees from the island and mainland for making the trip. Thank you to the Friday setup crew and the tear down crew today - without your help, we would have no racing. Thank you to all the locals, new and old, young and old, for attending and providing our excellent RD team (Chuck, Eddie, Edmond, and myself) with entertaining and competitive on track passes and crashes to remember.

Our group of younger drivers continue to improve every single time they're out and with big smiles to remind us why rule #1 is just so important. (Rule #1: Have fun)

Every race and event has imperfect moments, every driver makes mistakes or misjudges, even RD's make mistakes too. Please continue to move past these small incidents, and continue to enjoy this hobby with one another. You'll enjoy happy memories more. I saw lots of great sportsmanship out there this weekend. Apologize as needed, we are Canadian after all. If you have any doubts about an on/off track incident with someone else, reach out to them. Working together for a better experience next time only makes our club better.

Scale spec was THE class this weekend, with an E main! We were very happy to change the TQ trophies into the 1st place for lower mains such that a variety of skilled drivers in their groups could be rewarded. Great racing in TC Stock, TC Mod, competitive as always. My GoPro recording might not have gotten all of the mains, but we will find out shortly.

Nitro classes being our bread and butter when the club formed in 2009, are once again seeing a resurgence of racers coming back to the class as well as new to the class racers.

Please comment your favorite moments throughout the weekend and leave your comments or feedback too.

Results attached. Electric mains, your overall finishing order will be in the A3/B3/C3/D3/E3 results sheets on the page below the race result, scroll down in the PDF.

Once again, first 50 pre registered racers are guaranteed an event T shirt once they arrive next week. We will have them at the next race. Additional racers will receive shirts based on registering order and size availability.
Old 07-31-2022, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default results continued

attached
Old 08-01-2022, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

one hundredth of a second.
Old 08-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Mains Videos are up, sorry but the GoPro overheated and did not record the last hour or so of mains. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...MkQncu0xandICu