Wiki Posts
Search

WORS ROUND 2: The Spring Scorcher Shootout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 11:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default WORS ROUND 2: The Spring Scorcher Shootout

KRC proudly presents, WORS Round #2: Spring Scorcher Shootout. May 24,25,26. Track is located at 1750 Morrison Rd The event signup is available on Online registration for R/C Car Races in the United States and around the World - RCSignup.com under "Spring Scorcher Shootout". Look under Events or Tracks (Canada). Payment (cash) will be made at the track. HOTELS Fairfield Inn Hotel in Kelowna, BC - Canada | Fairfield Inn & Suites Kelowna Days Inn Kelowna Welcome to Days Inn Kelowna CLASSES 1/8 E-BUGGY 1/8 Sportsman buggy 1/8 TRUGGY 1/10 4WD BUGGY 1/10 2WD BUGGY 2WD STADUIM TRUCK 2WD SHORT COURSE 4WD SHORT COURSE NOVICE ENTRY FEES FOR TROPHY CLASSES 1st CLASS $35.00, 2nd CLASS $25.00, 3rd class $15.00 *NOVICE ENTRY = $20.00 Camping =$10.00/person Payment can be made via PayPal on RC signup or trackside(cash only) -ALL CLASSES WILL HAVE 6 MINUTE QUALIFIERS/MAINS EXCPET 1/8 WILL HAVE 10 MINUTE MAINS -SELF TECH, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TECH SUSPICIOUS VEHICLES -AAA A MAINS WITH 2 BUMPS -POWER AVAILABLE DURING RACING HOURS CAMPING There will be camping available ON SITE For those of you bringing travel trailers/5th wheels/portable houses please be aware that the lot has quite a slope to it, so you'll need to bring extra blocking to get level. NO HOOK-UPS & NO CAMP FIRES ALLOWED There will be a fee of $10 CONCESSION again this year!!
Old 04-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Aaron, being that there isn't any Nitro classes, I'm assuming there is room for 1/10 4WD Truck/Truggy class... Any takers out there?

Kyle
Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kchura
Aaron, being that there isn't any Nitro classes, I'm assuming there is room for 1/10 4WD Truck/Truggy class... Any takers out there?

Kyle
If we can get enough interest, it's a possibility. I'd have to check with a few people to make sure it's ok.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

just a few days away!! New layout for this year is going to be fun!! see you all Friday
Old 05-29-2019, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default Results!!

Sorry about the delay, I was hoping to get the photos from the photographer and post it all together. I know some of you can't wait any longer...First of all, there would be no race without a track. I would like to thank all the hard work that went into making the new track happen, We expanded!! The new track is now 200x100 with 15 ft lanes making it great for the E-Truggy. Greg Gavelin planned and designed the track, and from what I was hearing, it is the most fun track in Kelowna to date, thank you Greg. Also Thanks to the hard workers; Travis, Richard, Ross, Greg, Dave, Tim, Derrick, James, Merle, Rob. Also to Darren, who has yet again put the most hours in and got it ready for all to enjoy. Big shout out to Ross for bringing all the WORS stuff to KRC and Decking out our track and Drivers stand to bring the professionalism of the big event. Merle was in charge of the food again this year, and he out did himself with the BBQ pork meal. His team really came through for the racers so they didn't have to leave the track for anything. <div style="text-align:left;">I'd like to thank all of the racers for, not only for coming out, but also for sticking it out through the weather. The Spring Scorcher Shootout was more like the Spring Soaker, so thanks again. The racers were awesome this year, and didn't mind helping the KRC crew sweep and grabbing a marshaling corner to help out. You guys made the event go smoothly, Thank you.Thanks to all the WORS sponsors;Venom,Team Associated, Proline Racing, The Toy Car Creative, Reedy, Kyosho, Hi-Performance Distributors,Gens ace, and Jconcepts. Thanks to the sponsors for just this race; Donathen RC, Westwood Fine Cabinetry. We also had Make My Fun Hobbies sponsor the Novice Class, Travis and Tawnya really went the extra mile and put a prize pace together with a bunch of goodies making it a race to remember for the youngsters on the podium. Thanks again. The Rosebud Modelling crew were in attendance again, helping with ticket sales and 50/50, job well done!!Despite the rain and the delays, we had daylight until 8:30 and we finally got the 3 rounds of qualifying in. Thank you everyone for your patience all weekend long.and now what you were all waiting for, the results.<br />I will add the Podium pics soon<br />**Note, E-Buggy mistake, PT mix up in Q1 and Q2 with Carter and Paul. Carter ended with 4 points and Paul with 5. I'm still learning the system, thanks</div>
Old 05-29-2019, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default Results!!

random few more, Race 1,3,4 wouldn't upload, see our club post