R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Canadian R/C Scene (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene-27/)
-   -   Alberta Touring Series 2019 Finals in Edmonton area April 26-28 2019 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/canadian-r-c-scene/1036084-alberta-touring-series-2019-finals-edmonton-area-april-26-28-2019-a.html)

KingJohn 02-01-2019 08:54 AM

Alberta Touring Series 2019 Finals in Edmonton area April 26-28 2019

IT'S WRAPING UP FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!!
Carcar brought us a great opener in January and now Nascar is proud to bring you the Alberta Touring Series Finals.

The race for the racers. This event is a fun race. We are open to suggestions to what racers want to do during this weekend. Any changes to schedule or classes we can discuss it.

If you attend both the Calgary race and the Edmonton race you will be entered for the "Big Prizes" at the end of the year.

RACE DATE: April 26-28 2019

TRACK LOCATION - PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE VENUE

Millennium Place
2000 Premier Way
Sherwood Park, AB
https://goo.gl/maps/kfThb1XvmHK2

TRACK DETAILS:
80’ X 50’ 4 rolls BLACK CRC Carpet with Clik-Trak Barrier System
AMBrc / RC Scoring Pro
Tables, Chairs and power provided. Bring your own extension cords.
Pit Towel/Mat is mandatory to keep the tables clean please.

CLASSES:
- TC Stock: 17.5 Bring your own rubber
- Mini (WCICS rules)
- TC Modified: Bring your own rubber
- 12th Stock 13.5 Blinky, open foam tire
- 12th Modified Open foam OPEN ESC

- F1 21.5 Blinky Rubber
- Alberta Scale Spec: 21.5 Blinky VTA/USGT tire, Open Body (No TC Bodies) 1380wt
- Euro truck and 4wd Mini

Any other classes you want added let me know
RULES: It's ATS, We run on the honor system.

ENTRY FEES:
First Class $30, Second class $20, Third class $15, Fourth-Sixth $10

PRE-REGISTRATION: None. We will take registration at the track on Friday night/ Sat morning

SCHEDULE

Friday, April 26 2019
4pm - 6pm: Doors Open / Open Practice
6pm – 9pm: Controlled Practice (if needed) and Registration
9pm - 11pm: Open practice to follow

Saturday, April 27 2019
7am – 9:15am: Open Practice and Registration
9:30am – 6:30pm: Driver’s meeting, Qualifying Starts (3 Rounds with a resort after each round) If guys from Calgary are driving up Sat morning let me know as we can start at 10am
6:30pm - 11:00pm(approximately): Open Practice

Sunday, April 28 2019
7am – 9 am: Controlled Practice
9am: 4th Round Qualifying
12:30 pm (approximately): Mains
4 pm (approximately): Trophy Presentations

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Open odorless traction compound. Examples: SXT, Jack the Gripper, Niftech
- Door prizes
- Primary Race Director responsible for entry, computer, tech issues

Race format is planned as Single Main with LCQ on Sunday.

I will update this thread should information change.

Fatheroftwo 02-01-2019 09:07 AM

Can’t wait!

DBM 02-02-2019 10:36 PM

Just wanting to confirm that tc stock is 17.5t and 12th is 13.5t.

patorz31 02-02-2019 10:46 PM

Yes it is.

BoneCrusher 02-03-2019 04:13 PM

Looking forward to another event at Millennium Place. It's a great venue!!!

Ivan

BoneCrusher 04-23-2019 11:39 AM

Last indoor race of the season! Bring your old TC tires and use them up here! Open tires and no tech (honour system!!!).

See everyone this weekend!

Ivan

martiniracing 04-25-2019 08:43 AM

excited for this event!

Fatheroftwo 04-29-2019 11:40 AM

Schumacher Presents the Alberta Touring Series hosted by NASCAR.

After a very enjoyable weekend of close racing we the executive at NASCAR would like to thank the following companies for their very generous donations.

Schumacher
Great Hobbies
Grip Works
PM. Hobby Craft
Big Show Scaffolding & Shrink Wrapping
Tuber Towing
Special Event Rentals

BigThanks to Millennium Place and all the staff who looked after us all weekend!

Huge thanks to all the volunteer marshalls and announcers who filled in when asked.

The prize kits were won by:

Mini: Garry Nouwen
Scale Spec.: Zander Roy
12th Scale: Jon Werkman
TC Stock: Gordon Zdavko Tomazic
TC Mod: Blaine Everingham
F1: Nick Palinkas

On behalf of the NASCAR Executive thank you all for an amazing weekend of racing!

BoneCrusher 05-02-2019 11:47 PM

Race Report!!!

15 Attachment(s)
Awesome weekend!

I would like to thank the following list of people that made this race possible:

1. Nascar President Pat O’Rourke for approaching Carcar in the spring of 2014 about his idea for a small provincial race series between the two largest RC clubs in Alberta. The focus of this new series would be to have fun, keep rules to a minimum, save budget conscious racers some money with less travel and create a friendly provincial rivalry.

That is how the ATS was born!

2. Our sponsors:
- Schumacher Racing
- Great Hobbies
- Gripworks RC
- PM Hobbycraft

- Big Show Scaffoldig & Shrink Wrapping
- Tuber Towing
- Special Event Rentals

3. Millennium Place and all the staff who looked after us all weekend. The place is amazing! It has everything you need during a race weekend.

4. Nascar volunteers. You know who you are and we appreciate all the behind the scenes stuff that just get done from calling the races, volunteer corner marshalling, door prizes,etc

5. Gordon for recording and posting all the Mains videos in great quality up for viewing. Youtube.com search "Carcar Videos"

6. The racers. I think we had a decent turnout with a great contingent of Calgary and Edmonton racers and racers coming from way far Grand Prairie (Jeff), Saskatoon (Dennis and Gary), and Lloydminster (Anthony, Dan and Dave)

There were 94 entries in 8 classes.

- 5 Tamiya Mini
- 13 12th Stock
- 23 USGT
- 11 F1
- 3 12th Mod (demo class)
- 24 TC Stock
- 11 TC Mod
- 4 Euro Truck (demo class)

Heats were full and the competition was intense. As no actual points are given in this race series, the atmosphere was fun and relaxing as no one got caught up in a meaningless points series. There was also no required tech before you race as we welcomed racers to self check their own cars as we were more concerned with low ride height or loose screws damaging the carpet than your battery overcharged by 0.01 volts.

Many people again commented on how they really like the open tire rule in the Touring Car classes. Some choosing to test different tires all weekend and some just using old sets they had left from previous events or free hand me down tires.

We were also very happy to see a few new racers participating this weekend as this hobby not only need regular racers for support but also young and newer racers to help us continue to grow this hobby we all love!

KIT WINNERS:

Mini: Garry Nouwen (Perfect!)
12th Scale: Jon Werkman (2 years in a row!)
F1: Nick Palinkas (Nascar fanatic and he wins an F1 car!)
USGT: Zander Roy (parts car!!!)
TC Stock: Gordon Tomazic (happiest day in his life wish there was video when they called out his name)
TC Modified: Blaine Everingham (4 out of 5 years!!!)

Congrats to all the kit winners!

RACE REPORTS- Every heat in the finals will get a little write up. This race is about ALL the participants. I did my best to add a little blub about every racer I could.

RACE #1 – Mini A Main

In the Mini A Main, TQ Walter “The Minnie King” Slany would start sandbagging the lead to Ivan “Budget Racer” Chan to make it a challenge for himself but in the hard racing between the two, Ken “The Rookie” Oballes would sneak the pair and now the grasshopper is being chased by the Sensei for the next half of the race. Ken would hold off the challenge by Walter and go on to win the race. Walter would also hold off a late challenge from Ivan to hold on to second, with Ivan third. Garyy “Mr. M05” Nouwen would run fairly clean to finish 4th with Zander “The Kid” Roy in 5th.

Attachment 1468952

RACE #2 – 12th Scale Stock B Main

In the 12th Scale Stock B Main, it was an Edmonton family affair. BQ Jon “Thanks Schumacher for your support” Werkman would start of great but an early mistake would allow King John to lead for a bit but Jon would regain the lead and hold off John for the win. They would never be more than a few corners apart with John coming in second. The battle for third was also exciting with multiple position changes. In the end, Doug “Happy” De La Salle would hold of Ed “Papa” King who would also hold of Gillian “Ms. Do it all” Roy for 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Attachment 1468954

RACE #3 – 12th Scale Stock A Main

In the 12th Scale Stock A Main, TQ Ian “Pan Car Guru” Brooks would lead off the choo choo train. Ivan Chan would work his way pass Mike “I got the power” Watson and have a tight back and forth battle with Ian until a mechanical issue Ian and his race was over. Mike would valiantly give chase the next half of the race but the finish would be Ivan for the win then Mike 2nd. Pat “You can call me Patty” O’Rourke would finally get his car figured out from qualifying and move from 7th on the grid to finish in 3rd, slighty ahead of Jeremy “The Phenom” Litke finishing 4th. Rob “I like orange paint” McCaskill had a great battle with and would later pass Ken Oballes and take 5th with Ken in 6th. Ian De La Salle had a nice drive to finish 7th.

Attachment 1468953

RACE #4 – F1 B Main

In the F1 B Main, BQ Jon Werkman poop the bed and went from 1st to last after the first lap. But after that, he regained his composure and worked his way back up front early on and held it for the win. Dan Mari drove fairly consistent but couldn’t catch Jon and had to settle for 2nd. Nick “JJ” Palinkas tried to stay close to the leaders and would end up third. All three drivers were all on the same lap.

Attachment 1468955

RACE #5 – F1 A Main

In the F1 A Main, TQ Anthony “I need a Gizmo F1” Mari had 7 cars behind him waiting to kick is butt but Anthony kept his cool and drove a perfect race to win against some great competition. Sammy “The Cheese” Lee and Ian Brooks tried to keep it close but it was not to be for Sammy as a mid race accident would take him out early. That would only leave Ian to finish 2nd. The last podium spot opened up for Ivan Chan and Dave “bump to pass (Mari made me do it)” Nelson and they would have a great battle throughout the race. But in the end, Ivan would make a late pass to take 3rd with Dave in 4th. Ken Oballes and Blaine “Why isn’t this new F1 faster???” Everingham would also have close battle but Ken would beat Blaine to the line by less than a corner to finish 5th and 6th respectively. Jeff “GP” Fisher would keep it close and finish 7th.

Attachment 1468957

RACE #6 – TC Stock C Main

In the TC Stock C Main, CQ Rob “I can’t wait till Mod” McCaskill would have a dominating performance to win the C Main. Jeff Fisher would have a great battle with Ian “Mellow Yellow” De La Salle for the entire race and would finish in that order of 2nd and 3rd (ignore the timing sheet. I was there trust me.). Jon Werkman again tried to race from the back of the pack but this time only made it up to 4th. King John and Nick Palinkas would duke it out for 5th and that’s how they finished. Garry Nouwen was a bit behind to finish 7th with Ed “Sr.” King in 8th.

Attachment 1468959

RACE #7 – TC Stock B Main

In the TC Stock B Main, BQ Gary “I can be Hot or Cold” Lanzer would have a great start but a board tap early on would allow Tyler “No more Gizmo” Reil and Anthony “I run a Gizmo” Mari thru where they had a great battle for the few minutes. Gary would recover and slowly catch up, but Anthony was too far away and would win the race and unfortunately Tyler would on the last lap beat Gary to the line. Dustan “Lambo” Brandson would stalk closely behind the leaders but was always just a few corners back to finish 4th. But it was a 3 way close back and forth battle for 5th for the entire race with Patrick O’Rourke beating Nick “It’s pronounced PAIR-RAH-DEE” Paradee to the line with Gordon “Please subscribe and like my youtube channel CARCAR VIDEOS please” Tomazic. “Dr.” Danny Parker would start but a mechanical issue even before he could finish the first lap would unfortunately end his race.

Attachment 1468958

RACE #8 – TC Stock A Main

In the TC Stock A Main, TQ Sammy “The Cheese” Lee would win unchallenged. James “The Shakes” Ryan would try to keep it close early on but on the second lap he would poop the bed and roll his car while the whole choo choo train ran thru and in trying to recover, he would suffer a mechanical issue that would take him out of the race early. The 4 pack choo choo train of Mike “R1 powered” Watson, Ian “Yup I’m fast in TC too”, Dennis “Too many chassis to figure out which one is this” Beck, and Ivan “how did it make it here” Chan would battle it out for almost the entire race but Dennis would come out on top to come in second, Mike would be less than a few car lengths behind to finish 3rd, with Ivan somehow finishing 4th. Ian would suffer a slight mechanical issue in the last minute of the race but the marshal got him back on the track to finish 7th. That opened the room for Walter “Just King Now” Slany to finish 5th with Jeremy “the Phenom” Litke not far behind in 6th.

Attachment 1468960

RACE #9 – EuroTruck A Main

In the EuroTruck A Main, TQ Anthony “I’ve got the Fox body!” Mari would be too fast for anyone to catch to win the race. Jeff “Why you so slow down the straight” Fisher would valiantly try to catch Anthony but to no avail to finish 2nd. The fun was down to Jon “Why is this dam truck always hopping” Werkman and Ivan “Yup it’s really stock” Chan to put on a show for the spectators with super close racing the entire time with Jon edging Ivan to the line to finish 3rd and 4th respectively.

Attachment 1468956

RACE #10 – Scale Spec C Main

In the Alberta Scale Spec C main, CQ Nick “you got my last name right yet” Paradee would start well but an early board tap would allow Gordon “Seriously please subscribe” Tomazic thru to a lead he would not relinquish for the win. Nick drove the best he could to finish 2nd. Doug De La Salle was only half lap behind to finish 3rd. Ed King and Gillian would battle it out for 4th and it would finish in that order. Garry Nouwen drove fairly safe to come in 6th with Zander “the Kid” Roy improving his letting the faster guys thru skills to finish 7th.

Attachment 1468962

RACE #11 – Scale Spec B Main

In the Alberta Scale Spec B main, BQ Tyler Reil thought it would be fun to screw up early and then drive from the back up to the front. Well he did it and comes in 1st. Another super close race between 3 drivers for most of the race but in the end, Ivan “FWD is fun” Chan would squeak his way to the finish line slightly ahead of a hard charging Jeff Fisher and Dave Nelson. In the end, Ivan would finish 2nd, with Jeff in 3rd and Dave “I’m pushing now to pass” Nelson to finish 4th. Dan “The Father” Mari would try to keep it close from there and would finish 5th with Ian De La Salle not to far behind to end in the 6th position. Ken Oballes had super great start and for hold the lead for a bit and early mechanical would take him out early to finish 7th. Joh Werkman would have even worse luck to break early on and finish 8th.

Attachment 1468963

RACE #12 – Scale Spec A Main

In the Alberta Scale Spec A Main, TQ Dennis “You can’t catch me” Beck would have a fairly easy going race to drive almost mistake free to win. Another great 3 way battle for 2nd would ensue with James “I still have the shakes” Ryan staying in front of Gary “not a day older than 31” Lanzer and Walter “Just King now” Slany for about half the race until he rolls his car and the world would stand still and now he loses 4 positions. But the remaining half of the race where they were only ever a few car lengths apart, Gary would beat Walter to the line for 2nd and 3rd respectively. Mike Watson wasn’t too far behind to finish 4th. James had a good battle with Patrick O’Rourke and would pass Patrick near the end to finish 5th and 6th. Dustan Brandson and Anthony Mari have their own mini battle going back and forth near the entire race but in the end it would be Dustan for 7th and Anthony for 8th.

Attachment 1468961

RACE #13 – 12th Scale Mod A Main

In the 12th Scale Mod A Main, TQ Tommy Tam”inator” would be near unstoppable to finish easily in 1st. Ivan “Yup this car still can’t break” Chan tried to put up a fight but had to settle for 2nd. Ed “Sr” King put on his I will not quit attitude to finish the race in 3rd.

Attachment 1468964

RACE #14 – TC Mod B Main

In the TC Mod B Main, Jeff “GP” Fisher heard the tone and took off and never looked back for the win. But it was the back and forth battle between Rob “I Love Mod” McCaskill and “Dr” Danny Parker that put on the entertainment with Rob making a last lap pass to beat Danny for 2nd and 3rd place respectively.

Attachment 1468966

RACE #15 – TC Mod A Main

In the TC Mod A Main, TQ Tommy Tam”inator” had a great start and put in constant laps over and over again to take a convincing win over Sammy “the Cheese” Lee who did his best to chase Tommy the entire race but had to settle for 2nd. A fun 3 way battle for 3rd but behind but still fun to watch as we had Walter “I’ll be Mod King soon” Slany holding off Dennis “Mr. Smooth” Beck for 3rd and 4th with somehow Ivan “how did I get here” Chan finishing in 5th. Blaine “Speed Corner and Me” Everingham tapped a few boards here and there to finish 6th with Jeremy “The phenom” Litke not too far behind in 7th. Gary “It’s time for a nap” Lanzer would have a rough one here as he seemed to have a hard to tame car and would have to pull off mid race to finish in 8th.

Attachment 1468965

Until the later part of 2019 as no definite date is confirmed yet we will see you all at Carcar for another awesome ATS first round. Remember, if you make both races, you can win a chassis in each class (qualified by running in the same class at both events which were made possible by both Nascar and Carcar clubs)………………….See you all at the track!

Ivan

Barbaraadavy 10-15-2019 04:09 PM

Alberta Touring Series 2019 Finals in Edmonton area April 26 28 2019

Huskies are too strong, best O-Line in CIS. The offence is comming off a 700 yard game. The Huskies take this one, if it was being played in Alberta I might go with the Bears but since its being played in Saskatoon its Huskies all the way.