Wiki Posts
Search

F1 "Oval Race" (on the Velodrome?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default F1 "Oval Race" (on the Velodrome?)

I know So-Cal has a pretty good F1 following, but I'd really love to see a pack of these cars running around the ENCINO VELODROME sometime.

We've tested some classes using the CRC "F1 Style" rubber tires on oval pan cars and WGT-R cars and actually have a couple classes that will be using those this year, which made me think hmmm, F1 cars should be able to get around on those too.

My biggest concern for a F1 car is, does it sit high enough to NOT just rub the chassis all the way around the track, but I think they would be fine.

Ultimately, I'd LOVE to have a 20 car F1 race at one of our 2017 Velodrome races...
Old 01-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
I know So-Cal has a pretty good F1 following, but I'd really love to see a pack of these cars running around the ENCINO VELODROME sometime.

We've tested some classes using the CRC "F1 Style" rubber tires on oval pan cars and WGT-R cars and actually have a couple classes that will be using those this year, which made me think hmmm, F1 cars should be able to get around on those too.

My biggest concern for a F1 car is, does it sit high enough to NOT just rub the chassis all the way around the track, but I think they would be fine.

Ultimately, I'd LOVE to have a 20 car F1 race at one of our 2017 Velodrome races...
Can easily set-up any current F1 car (F104 type chassis) to 5mm+ ride height on rubber tires. Older F103 style (200mm cars) possibly, but not 100% sure.

Panda

Last edited by Kevin CBR; 01-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you can do it like IRL(Indy Racing League), Mc Allister sells the Indy bodies for F104W.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Ooo, F1/Indy oval racing would be really cool. Ride height shouldnt be an issue. May have to bring a couple high number of gears combos for the high speeds
Old 01-14-2017, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

I'm thinking in INDY CAR type style (even though we're talking F1 cars) maybe add the F1 cars to a race during the month of MAY (maybe even ON Memorial Day weekend?)

Are there any other F1 races around that time that would conflict? I'd like to have enough to field a FULL 20 car main event.

AMB/MyLap 2 wire transponder system is what I use. (in case that's an issue)
Old 01-19-2017, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What motor 21.5 or 25.5
Old 01-20-2017, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

I personally would leave that up to the masses. I know both are being used at different tracks, but I'm not sure which would be the bigger group (I wouldn't be opposed to BOTH if it got them on the track.

With that being said, with the size of the track, 21.5 would probably be more fun...but I would love to see at least 20 cars for one PACKED Main Event.

(NOTE: Memorial Day Weekend is OUT -- Velo isn't avail. that weekend, and I THINK that's the same weekend as the REEDY isn't it? )