Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus ! >

SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Root_66
...All races should be run like this...
I guess it's up to us to start requesting it (adamantly ) and educate those that haven't had the chance to run it.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Thanks to all!

Just wanted to thank Mr. Jeric for sharing his labor of love and coming up with a cool format for racing and expecting no less than to have fun and enjoy the hobby which we all share in common.
Thank you Joe for doing an awesome job once again announcing! Kevin Cole and Tyree Phillips both of your behind the scene efforts.
You all are setting the rc bar very high for a great event and towards a new format of RC racing which I would venture to guess is going to be the standard hopefully someday!
Thank you to all the sponsors, Tamiya, KO Propo, Protoform and of coarse Tuning Haus and all the others which I have forgotten. Sorry!
But, eventually it was all the racers that created a great atmosphere all day even in the 90 degree heat we all kept our cool!
In conclusion, last Tuning Haus race I didn't do well at all, barely got in one 10 minute main due to mechanical problems and was honestly thinking about not doing the race this time. But I'm sure glad I did, got 3 full 10 minute runs in and had a blast chasing down race cars (Kevin Cole/Mike Molina) for 30 minutes, and having some success and sometimes not but still quite a rush giving it my best each time and loving it!
Just my 2$
Attached Thumbnails SoCal R/C Scale Series Presented by Tuning Haus !-t.h.aus.jpg  

Last edited by maxepower; 09-28-2015 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thank Tuning Haus for special FUN race. and Thank Mr. Panda for transponder to save the day. I never thought it died like this.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wow! Where do I begin? Feels good to be back minus the long drive, long day, and 90plus degree weather!

First and foremost a big shout out goes to Bill, Panda, Tuning Haus, Tamiya, et al for putting on such an amazingly fun and unique racing program for us racers. For me the pit stop takes some getting use to. I didn't know whether I was battling for position or being lapped (most likely being lapped ) but I was still having a blast. I think my concentration only lasted 7 minutes or so. My brained faded well before my tires or motors could . Secondly, I would like to thank Panda, Mike, Jason, and Cuda for all the F1 help. The F1 family made me feel very welcomed especially Bill and I can see why you guys are so passionate about it.

I certainly had a good time and looking forward to the upcoming Winter series...
which is on carpet...
which I have no experience in .
Old 09-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

had a great time... and super thanks for the pizza Looking forward to the winter series at TQ
Old 09-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Working on the post race stuff

Thank you all for joining us Saturday at Tamiya for the Tuning Haus End of Summer party. Sometimes I lose focus on my actual racing working on the race organizer stuff but it is a lot of fun mixing itup on the track with my many friends and great to see new racers joining us (including an old Royal Rumbler, Josh Tran). One moment I am battling Max and Molina in sedans, then it is Mike R and Mark G in F1. Wait, it was also Mike R in GT too... I think ! Hope to have pics up on RC Car Events tonight. I will see how many megs I can load before I blow up their system. Final certified results with combined points, times et al and the heat sheets are in the works and last but not least, the race report to let us all relive the memories. Big thanks to all the locals who braved the heat and a huge thanks to those who came up from San Diego, out from Ventura and Camarillo areas and even Erik Denk coming out of retirement and making the haul from Arizona to join us. Erik, hope you can get Mr. Zorn and others to come out for the Winter Series later this year.

A big thanks from Bill and I to all the racers and sponsors for supporting our series. We provide the opportunity but your support in racing with us is what keeps the Tuning Haus Series and Summer Parties going. So on that note.......

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Post race stuff and info

For those who were entered in our End of Summer Party race, you have already received an e-mail with the final certified point standings. Well.....there is more !

Please go to our RC Car Events page http://rccarevents.com/event_details.cfm?event_id=2467 and you can now find the following information from the race.

Photos ! Right under the Schuur Speed name on the banner, you will see "Photos". Click on the link to take you to the photo section. The race photos are under the file named "by Kevin Cole" and a surprise in the folder titled "by Max Valles". Caution is advised. Thank you Jason Huang, Fred Medel and Tyree Phillips for your help with the photo duties.

Race and overall results. On the main page near the bottom, there is a section titled "Downloadable Documents". Here you can find the official race results with the final positions of all drivers, total laps, time and points. Below the official results are the three main races for all 8 racing groups. These list the entire lap by lap times and position as well as the overall race positions. (Thank you Fred for getting these to me)

All that is left is...well....ummm....yeah, the race report. Tis the season where I work so sorry for the delay but the race report will be finished in a few days and I will post when that is up.

STAY TUNED !

Panda
Old 09-30-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This race format is really fun and exciting. It would be even better with spec tire and spec motor. (Just one set of tire for the day!)

What do you think?
Old 09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Thanks

I just want to Thank everyone who helped out with the tuning haus race ! It's the best race I've ever been to . This race format brings back the fun into racing for me ! I would not change a thing . I love the idea of less time qualifying and more time racing with your friends . I had so much fun I am building a car to run on carpet to run your series race . Thanks again bill and panda and everyone else involved in bringing back some fun in RC !
Old 09-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Old 09-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

This is awesome, hope the word keeps spreading as to how much fun this format is.

Hiro, spec tires are happening at TQ this winter for GT in the Tuning Haus series.

Looks like we're gettin there.

Hmmm, wonder if Sean could make this format happen for HIS series someday?
He's already the master with his experience from UF1 and Tuning Haus racedays

Could go no pit stops or long mains, just quick qualifying or single qualifying (heads up?)and double or triple mains for all and best results from any main is good to win round.
Something like that would be very fun to start racing, I'd be all in.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Just ordered my 25.5 motor for F1... this is a move in the right direction...
Old 09-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Just ordered my 25.5 motor for F1... this is a move in the right direction...
Can I ask what motor you went with?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xsracer
Can I ask what motor you went with?
Trinity... I think there are only 4 out there if I'm not mistaken...
Old 10-01-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Chuck. See you Saturday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.