Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Looking to Open RC track on the Westside of L.A. >

Looking to Open RC track on the Westside of L.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to Open RC track on the Westside of L.A.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Westcoast Raceway just closed today so there will be some displaced races looking for a new home.
Should just take it over. Would be a opportunity of a life time. Clays already dialed, the onroad track freshly redone.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Best dirt I've ever driven on.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Westcoast Raceway just closed today so there will be some displaced races looking for a new home.
+1 I hate to say this, but this could be almost serendipitous for the OP.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472
Should just take it over. Would be a opportunity of a life time. Clays already dialed, the onroad track freshly redone.
Very true. With someone else at the helm, who knows how much it will change. Tracks, stock, and facility is all there waiting before it all is gone.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

How bout move the dirt to the west side?

Yeah, taking over Westcoast would be a turn key track... just put new lighting in.

I would love to see a track closer to us LA racers though. I would guess the fees would be steep to keep up with the lease cost but I spend at least $20 (or more if I'm really having fun) in gas for my Subaru to get to wcrc and back so for me a $30+ track fee would balance out.

A two class day for me at wcrc or ocrc is a minimum of $55 before I even step up to Gorge's taco truck
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

+1 SFV - Indoor Onroad and offroad. Indoor is key with the heat in the valley.
South Valley would be good so the westside guys won't be very far. Van Nuys area has industrial spaces. I'm sure its half the rent than anything on the westside.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472
I am not sure what different ownership would do for WCRC - off-road has diminished in that area with more competition and options. Danny was fully invested in making the location and facility work.

A new start, location and DNA would be more attractive in an area that is clearly underserved and frankly is ripe for R/C growth.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
I am not sure what different ownership would do for WCRC - off-road has diminished in that area with more competition and options. Danny was fully invested in making the location and facility work.

A new start, location and DNA would be more attractive in an area that is clearly underserved and frankly is ripe for R/C growth.
I would second that. Fresh start is almost always better. I could think of several things I know I would like to see in a facility.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
I would second that. Fresh start is almost always better. I could think of several things I know I would like to see in a facility.
I see your point, even though WC has been a great model for the new tracks. I just hope that dirt goes to a good home. Danny has spent more money than you can believe on that clay, truly mind blowing.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

If the OP opened a track in Culver City and bought Danny's Clay, that place would be awesome!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's a LA RC track that's been around for 40 years, still going strong today and they're on road

Greater LA RC Racing Club http://www.glarcrc.com/default.htm

What's their secret? it's not a permanent track, only an agreement with the city to set up in a 'park n ride' lot every other weekend. The glarcrc calendar is booked all year and a 5 day ROAR nats coming up.

IMO the takeaway is a permanent track is not always the answer especially in high rent west side. There's many of empty lots all over LA on the weekends, space is not the problem just creative negotiations and dedication.

Also IMO racing off road buggys and SCT on a on-road track is also fun if that's all is available. Racing is racing, it's always fun.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Initiate

I would love to see a track closer to us LA racers though. I would guess the fees would be steep to keep up with the lease cost but I spend at least $20 (or more if I'm really having fun) in gas for my Subaru to get to wcrc and back so for me a $30+ track fee would balance out.
The lease cost pretty much makes it impossible to operate a track like WCRC on the westside

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Very true. With someone else at the helm, who knows how much it will change. Tracks, stock, and facility is all there waiting before it all is gone.
I believe I heard the stuff is gone at this point.

Originally Posted by HRA West
What's their secret? it's not a permanent track, only an agreement with the city to set up in a 'park n ride' lot every other weekend. The glarcrc calendar is booked all year and a 5 day ROAR nats coming up.

IMO the takeaway is a permanent track is not always the answer especially in high rent west side. There's many of empty lots all over LA on the weekends, space is not the problem just creative negotiations and dedication.

Also IMO racing off road buggys and SCT on a on-road track is also fun if that's all is available. Racing is racing, it's always fun.
I think you may be right. There is a more creative way to meet the need and make it a viable business; and even with an agreement like that one can still meet some parts needs with a little creativity.

I've looked at GLARC but the problem is their website is so lacking in information. I was considering visiting this weekend but I had no way of confirming the track was there today/yesterday so I called it quits. No contact information on their site either.. If i'm going to travel to a vacant parking lot to race my $1k+ worth of RC cars I want to be 100% sure its there and available (if you know the operators please pass along the feedback).
Old 09-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

A week later, I would think the stuff is gone too!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BC2G
I've looked at GLARC but the problem is their website is so lacking in information. I was considering visiting this weekend but I had no way of confirming the track was there today/yesterday so I called it quits. No contact information on their site either.. If i'm going to travel to a vacant parking lot to race my $1k+ worth of RC cars I want to be 100% sure its there and available (if you know the operators please pass along the feedback).
Next race at GLARC will be Sept. 11,12,13,14,15. That would be the ROAR Nationals. Wed. and Thurs. will be practice, Fri. and Sat. will be the qualifiers, and Sunday will be all the mains.

Here's the calendar for upcoming races,

http://www.glarcrc.com/glarcrc2013b.pdf

Here's your contact information,

Glenn Williams
Phone: 213 - 434 – 3340
Email: [email protected]
Old 09-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sedan4life
Next race at GLARC will be Sept. 11,12,13,14,15. That would be the ROAR Nationals. Wed. and Thurs. will be practice, Fri. and Sat. will be the qualifiers, and Sunday will be all the mains.

Here's the calendar for upcoming races,

http://www.glarcrc.com/glarcrc2013b.pdf

Here's your contact information,

Glenn Williams
Phone: 213 - 434 – 3340
Email: [email protected]
The track looks good, but you got any electric class going?
The pictures I have seen are only nitros and gas cars, which is fine, but no electric ones at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.