SoCal M-Chassis Racing

Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default SoCal M-Chassis Racing

Hi all.

I recently go into M-chassis racing, and it is insanely fun. I love the low-cost, spec-racing aspect of this class. It is a nice departure from the $500 touring car scene. Thus, I thought it would be a good idea to get a thread together in an attempt to organize some of the Mini racers in SoCal. Last weekend we had 16 Minis at Camarillo, and it was a blast. So, let's post up info on when we want to race and where. What tracks support a healthy Mini class? What are the setups for those tracks? Do we want to do any special Mini-series race similar to Ultimate F1? Throw it out there SoCal Mini people! I'll start it off.

Camarillo's Freedom Park Raceway has an excellent Mini class. There were two full heats at the last race. They do it on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.

http://www.roadrunnersrc.com/

Where else has a healthy Mini scene?
Old 03-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

There's usually a good turn out of mini racers at the Speedtech Grand Club races and I think there is going to be one this spring at the Tamiya track in Aliso.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

We're in the process of building a couple of M03's, but will not be a part of the Silvercan Clan. Brushless only, but limits where we can race...
Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

west coast has a pretty strong group http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...aceway-47.html
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. devenwhite
west coast has a pretty strong group http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...aceway-47.html
Cool, thanks for the heads up. This is kind of my secondary track since Camarillo is only run two days a month.

On another note, I am thinking of signing up for the TCS race at TQRacing (I have a conflict with the one at Tamiya USA). Any setup suggestions for this track?
Old 03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Typically harder spring and heavier oil in the front than in the rear. Since there is a spec tire there might be a few tricks to make them hook up. If they let you run treaded tires in the front and slick in the rear, try that first.

You should try making it out on Tuesday to west coast. We should have a class for the minis, racing starts at 7:30