AKA Spring Point Series - Chula Vista Radio Controlled Racing Club

AKA Spring Point Series - Chula Vista Radio Controlled Racing Club

Old 02-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default AKA Spring Point Series - Chula Vista Radio Controlled Racing Club

Just wanted to mention this upcoming event

AKA Sprng Point Series @ CVRC Chula Vista Radio Controlled Racing Club

5 Races (one throw-out) top three in each class will receive awards for the series.

Gates open @7AM, racing starts @10AM

Entry Fee $25 first class - $15 subsequent classes

Classes: SCT2/SCB2, SCT4, Nitro Buggy, Nitro Truggy, Electric Buggy, Electric Truggy, 1:5 Buggy, 1:5 2WD Truck and 1:5 4WD Truck.

Dates: Race 1 March 16, Race 2 March 30, Race 3 April 20, Race 4 May 18, Race 5 June 15

Last edited by G35Turbo; 05-01-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: last race date change
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

You definitely don't want to miss this race.

The clips you'll see in the video linked below are from the recent HITEC Winter Point Series. The layout has changed but it will still be tons of fun. So don't miss this upcoming race series at CVRC. See you out there.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Round #1 this Saturday. Gates open at 7am, racing starts at 10am. All new track layout and some facility improvements. Practice on Thursday and Friday 4:30pm to 9pm.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Track will be open today for practice at a special time of 1pm. Normal practice rates apply. Come on out and enjoy the new layout. We had a nice crowd last night. Track surface is grooving up nicely.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Okay boys and girls, let's get those RC rigs ready. It's time for Round 2 of the AKA Spring Point Series at CVRC. This Saturday, March 30, 2013.

Come on out and join in on the fun!!!! 5th Scale, 8th Scale and 10th Scale.

This is the current layout and what you'll be racing on this Saturday.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What kind of entry numbers and what time did you guys end round one? Me and a couple of buddies are thinking about making our way south, just want an estimate return time to ask for permission
Old 03-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by loadsled
What kind of entry numbers and what time did you guys end round one? Me and a couple of buddies are thinking about making our way south, just want an estimate return time to ask for permission
I heard 85+ and think there will be more this next race but I'm just guessing maybe someone can chime in. Last race they had a couple delays/issues and finished around 11PM. Hopefully it'll go smoother without any hiccups in any case it was a blast the track is awesome for all scales I highly recommend coming down.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Track looks great!!! Going to see if the warden will let me come down. That end time is a little scary. 11PM and done puts me home after midnight. May not get the green light for that.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bert Vega
Track looks great!!! Going to see if the warden will let me come down. That end time is a little scary. 11PM and done puts me home after midnight. May not get the green light for that.

The track is awesome! Well the end time was just an issue they had with the loop which is fixed I'm sure they'll start promptly at 10AM gates open 7AM. The main I was in ended earlier around 9ish after turn marshaling. I'm not sure what order they're running the show it's usually electric, nitro then gas. Hopefully the warden will let you participate
Old 03-31-2013, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Here are videos from this weekend's Round 2 Event. Losi's Adam Drake even came by and showed us why he is considered one RC's top drivers. Enjoy!!!

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Great videos as usual by Fangs here's an overview of the track he did with a heli, they run on road here as well.

+ YouTube Video
Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Round #3 this weekend for the AKA Spring series at CVRC. Saturday morning gates open at 7am. Racing starts at 10am. To all that can't make the silver state race, we have a race for you to go to and enjoy.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Okay boys and girls, let's get those RC rigs ready. It's time for Round 3 of the AKA Spring Point Series at CVRC. This Saturday, April 20, 2013. Please see details and info in the video. Come on out and join in on the fun!!!!

+ YouTube Video
Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Round 2 was awesome! Super exciting races I'm sure round #3 will be a blast.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Another fun day of racing. Here's video from Round 3. Enjoy!!

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.