Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal >

UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal

Like Tree1Likes

UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal

Reply

Old 10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
  #751  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
240Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,116
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Northskate View Post
Anyone know the hours for the Korean GP this weekend?
I couldn't find it on Speed Channel.
Sean often opens between 9-10 on UF1 days.

Qualifying starts at noon, or earlier if everyone is ready to roll.
240Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
  #752  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Northskate View Post
Anyone know the hours for the Korean GP this weekend?
I couldn't find it on Speed Channel.
Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
Sean often opens between 9-10 on UF1 days.

Qualifying starts at noon, or earlier if everyone is ready to roll.
We asked Sean, he said Track goes green at 10a (doors open)
So maybe Q1 @ 11a ?
Racing goes live @ 12p ?
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
  #753  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
Leester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Wrong Planet
Posts: 1,043
Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)
Default

Charles,
Would love to run this weekend but car/driver still need some work to keep up with all of you fast guys Got out of town guests until Sunday.
Good luck this weekend. Maybe that next winner will be you Fresh off of victory at the IIC! Please bring your IIC trophy to the track or at least post some photos of it here and the UF1 site. Everyone wants to see what it looks like!
Leester is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:38 PM
  #754  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Helmets

Got some spare time on your hands....

http://metmania.com/dimet/4/dl54.html


RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
  #755  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,093
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

UF1 final round will be ready this Saturday !!

Track will be open at 10am, race will start at 12pm.

See you guys all at TQ !!
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
  #756  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,571
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
UF1 final round will be ready this Saturday !!

Track will be open at 10am, race will start at 12pm.

See you guys all at TQ !!
Yuuuuuup!
F N CUDA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
  #757  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,820
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

BENETTON RETURNS TO FORMULA 1

Torno Italy – for immediate release AP / UPI

Rocco Benetton, son of Luciano Benetton, founder of the Benetton family chain of clothing stores proudly announced his families return to the Formula 1 series. Since our last foray in the 2001 season, the Benetton family has missed being part of the F1 family and after an 11 year absence, have decided to return. We would like to thank Flavio Briatore for his tireless efforts to bring the team back together. It is unfortunate that the small misunderstanding a few years ago in Singapore with Renault will prevent him from joining our team full time. It was rumored Bernie Ecclestone was going to lift Flavio’s ban after being spotted in a Jacuzzi in Monaco with two of the Benetton grand daughters but Bernie declined the issue was even discussed. Said Rocco, we could not have put this package together without Flavio’s assistance and we wish him well on his return to the beaches of Ibizia with his twenty something trophy wife and his mankini.

Just when it was thought no further bombshells could be dropped, Benetton announced their Winter 2012/13 driver line-up. It seems Briatore still has some influence as Team Benetton was able to bring back the 1992 driver pairing of none other than “Panda” Schumacher who will be driving the #19 car and Steven Brundle-Jackson driving the #20 car. In tribute to the reuniting of the ’92 team drivers, Benetton chose to run the famous Yellow / Green livery of their 1992 “United Colors of Benetton” Camel sponsored B192’s. Rocco Benetton stated “we would like to thank the BBC for generously allowing Brundle-Jackson an early release from his contract of announcing F1 races to being back behind the wheel of an F1 car. We also want to thank Norbert Haug and Ross Brawn for their short sightedness in releasing “Panda” Schumacher to bring in some young whiny spoiled Brit driver. The team has plans for a launch party at the Fianl Round Summer Series race at the Korean GP do display the new 2012/13 season car.
Attached Thumbnails UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal-benetton-b192.jpg  
Kevin CBR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
  #758  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
BENETTON RETURNS TO FORMULA 1

Torno Italy – for immediate release AP / UPI

Rocco Benetton, son of Luciano Benetton, founder of the Benetton family chain of clothing stores proudly announced his families return to the Formula 1 series. Since our last foray in the 2001 season, the Benetton family has missed being part of the F1 family and after an 11 year absence, have decided to return. We would like to thank Flavio Briatore for his tireless efforts to bring the team back together. It is unfortunate that the small misunderstanding a few years ago in Singapore with Renault will prevent him from joining our team full time. It was rumored Bernie Ecclestone was going to lift Flavio’s ban after being spotted in a Jacuzzi in Monaco with two of the Benetton grand daughters but Bernie declined the issue was even discussed. Said Rocco, we could not have put this package together without Flavio’s assistance and we wish him well on his return to the beaches of Ibizia with his twenty something trophy wife and his mankini.

Just when it was thought no further bombshells could be dropped, Benetton announced their Winter 2012/13 driver line-up. It seems Briatore still has some influence as Team Benetton was able to bring back the 1992 driver pairing of none other than “Panda” Schumacher who will be driving the #19 car and Steven Brundle-Jackson driving the #20 car. In tribute to the reuniting of the ’92 team drivers, Benetton chose to run the famous Yellow / Green livery of their 1992 “United Colors of Benetton” Camel sponsored B192’s. Rocco Benetton stated “we would like to thank the BBC for generously allowing Brundle-Jackson an early release from his contract of announcing F1 races to being back behind the wheel of an F1 car. We also want to thank Norbert Haug and Ross Brawn for their short sightedness in releasing “Panda” Schumacher to bring in some young whiny spoiled Brit driver. The team has plans for a launch party at the Fianl Round Summer Series race at the Korean GP do display the new 2012/13 season car.
Really way to much time on your hands LOL





PS - Cars look SICK! Nice job.
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM
  #759  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,093
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
BENETTON RETURNS TO FORMULA 1

Torno Italy – for immediate release AP / UPI

Rocco Benetton, son of Luciano Benetton, founder of the Benetton family chain of clothing stores proudly announced his families return to the Formula 1 series. Since our last foray in the 2001 season, the Benetton family has missed being part of the F1 family and after an 11 year absence, have decided to return. We would like to thank Flavio Briatore for his tireless efforts to bring the team back together. It is unfortunate that the small misunderstanding a few years ago in Singapore with Renault will prevent him from joining our team full time. It was rumored Bernie Ecclestone was going to lift Flavio’s ban after being spotted in a Jacuzzi in Monaco with two of the Benetton grand daughters but Bernie declined the issue was even discussed. Said Rocco, we could not have put this package together without Flavio’s assistance and we wish him well on his return to the beaches of Ibizia with his twenty something trophy wife and his mankini.

Just when it was thought no further bombshells could be dropped, Benetton announced their Winter 2012/13 driver line-up. It seems Briatore still has some influence as Team Benetton was able to bring back the 1992 driver pairing of none other than “Panda” Schumacher who will be driving the #19 car and Steven Brundle-Jackson driving the #20 car. In tribute to the reuniting of the ’92 team drivers, Benetton chose to run the famous Yellow / Green livery of their 1992 “United Colors of Benetton” Camel sponsored B192’s. Rocco Benetton stated “we would like to thank the BBC for generously allowing Brundle-Jackson an early release from his contract of announcing F1 races to being back behind the wheel of an F1 car. We also want to thank Norbert Haug and Ross Brawn for their short sightedness in releasing “Panda” Schumacher to bring in some young whiny spoiled Brit driver. The team has plans for a launch party at the Fianl Round Summer Series race at the Korean GP do display the new 2012/13 season car.
Looks great

Looks like a lot of work.... good job...
spring71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM
  #760  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
johnny55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Temple City, Ca
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

http://youtu.be/WEROVWDp3n0
johnny55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 PM
  #761  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
xsracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lake Elsinore, Ca.
Posts: 1,115
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnny55 View Post
That was awsome,thanks Johnny.Panda the F1 is impressive, good job.
xsracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:34 PM
  #762  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
240Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,116
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

After the last UF1 race on Saturday, we will have a team challenge $1 race.

Rules
  • Entry fee $1 per team
  • Team to consist of 2 drivers
  • Any on road car from a class legal to run on carpet at TQ
  • Any one caught practicing will incur a one lap penalty
Format
  • 10 lap race
  • First team member runs throttle
  • Second team member runs steering
  • Team members swap throttle and steering duty at half way point (5 laps)
  • Blatant contact will be noted
  • Single corner marshal marshaling cars in reverse order of running position

Existing UF1 teams are encouraged to join as they are, but new teams can be formed on the spot.

First place takes 50% of entry fee proceeds rounded down to nearest dollar
Second and third place takes 25% each.
240Z is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:31 AM
  #763  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool Korean GP RD 8

One more day, and we find out how it all ends...

It's been a great season


^^click^^

Conditions cool, with a 50% chance of drama
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:28 AM
  #764  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
TPhalen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 2,809
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
One more day, and we find out how it all ends...

It's been a great season


^^click^^

Conditions cool, with a 50% chance of drama
That's a sick link. Fred, time to make that happen RC style.

Only 50% huh? 20% lower than normal.
TPhalen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:50 AM
  #765  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
multiracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: chino,ca
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 240Z View Post
After the last UF1 race on Saturday, we will have a team challenge $1 race.

Rules
  • Entry fee $1 per team
  • Team to consist of 2 drivers
  • Any on road car from a class legal to run on carpet at TQ
  • Any one caught practicing will incur a one lap penalty
Format
  • 10 lap race
  • First team member runs throttle
  • Second team member runs steering
  • Team members swap throttle and steering duty at half way point (5 laps)
  • Blatant contact will be noted
  • Single corner marshal marshaling cars in reverse order of running position

Existing UF1 teams are encouraged to join as they are, but new teams can be formed on the spot.

First place takes 50% of entry fee proceeds rounded down to nearest dollar
Second and third place takes 25% each.
Hey Tim,

So we can run our Uf1 cars? or any TQ legal Sedan. How about 12 scale? mini?
multiracer2 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.20 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service