UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal >

UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal

Like Tree2Likes

UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal

Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Breaking News from the UF1-

After some review of the current UF1 rules and the proposed future of the Series, we have decided to allow Independent Front Suspension (IFS) cars into the 2013 Summer Series as long as the car meets the rest of the UF1 rules criteria. This decision did not come without quite a bit of discussion, but we think it is in the best interest of the Series that we give it a try.

Additional rules may need to be adjusted throughout the Series.

Good luck racers; see you March 16th.

Oh ya, almost forgot. We are making a UF1 Harlem Shake video on that day. Bring your funny costumes.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Carbon fiber wing decals are in
Attached Thumbnails UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal-imag02281975626574.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nrtv20
Carbon fiber wing decals are in
To bad there's not a 'heart' emoticon.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen

After some review of the current UF1 rules and the proposed future of the Series, we have decided to allow Independent Front Suspension (IFS) cars into the 2013 Summer Series as long as the car meets the rest of the UF1 rules criteria. This decision did not come without quite a bit of discussion, but we think it is in the best interest of the Series that we give it a try.

Oh ya, almost forgot. We are making a UF1 Harlem Shake video on that day. Bring your funny costumes.
Oh nice! Man, I hope I get to announce for you guys that day!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

:
Old 03-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sweet- I think many current and future car owners will like this. My money is still on direct drive cars tho for 75% of the tracks

Soo the question is... with 1 week to go... will round 1 be an f1 only day, what is the start time and will we be able to get in all 3 mains this year?
Old 03-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeR
Sweet- I think many current and future car owners will like this. My money is still on direct drive cars tho for 75% of the tracks

Soo the question is... with 1 week to go... will round 1 be an f1 only day, what is the start time and will we be able to get in all 3 mains this year?
Yes, F1 only day, doors open at 8am, racing starts at 10am, and Johnny will be our announcer. Already have it worked out with Danny!

Let's do it!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, F1 only day, doors open at 8am, racing starts at 10am, and Johnny will be our announcer. Already have it worked out with Danny!

Let's do it!
I like how you roll!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Alonso

Alonso getting his RC on in his spare time. Not sure what kind of car it is though.
Attached Thumbnails UF1 is still alive and well in So. Cal-rc-alonso.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

aren't we all already running cars with independent front suspensions? perhaps you meant independent REAR suspension?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Daylight Saving Time (United States) 2013 begins at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 10
Old 03-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Champion

For those planning to race in SD tomorrow the race has been postponed due to inclemental weather.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Northskate
Alonso getting his RC on in his spare time. Not sure what kind of car it is though.

the car is Harm 5th scale, about 10yrs old, even the tire is old..
VG
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Does anyone care if UF1 overlapps Aprils TCS race?

I am the only one?
Anyway, this is a letter I just email the UF1 "leadership" asking for some consideration. Feedback appreciated.
Thanks, Marcos
---------------------------------------------------
UF1 Committee members Friday, March 08, 2013
Fred Medel
Mark Goldwater
Mike Kennedy
Tim Ruwe
Tony Phalen

Subject: UF1 race date overlapping Tamiya’s TCS April 7 race.

Last week I emailed Tony Phalen, concerned because the UF1 2nd round race was scheduled on the same day as Tamiya’s TCS race at Aliso Viejo, CA. I also suggested bumping the race up in the calendar.

Tony’s immediate reply stated that 4-7-2013 was “the only date available,” he also mentioned being uncomfortable putting himself and some of us on the spot having to decide between the two venues.

I believe that five intelligent men on the board of the UF1 can together put up enough ingenuity to correct this situation and change the UF1 race to a better date.

Maybe some guys will say that this is not that important - play it down, but let’s consider the implications of having two races the same day:

- First, an inexplicable and rude disregard of Tamiya ‘s TCS. Months ago we all knew the date of TCS. Why should we, or anyone else, bluntly ignore the TCS date. Is this the best sportsmanship we can come up with?

- For two years I’ve been proposing the UF1 leadership to run and support the SFV local track. Two weeks ago a deal was reached with the venue, the owner agreed to cancel his regular club race in order to host the UF1 on UF1 terms. He was promised at least 30 to 40 in attendance. Will UF1 pay him the difference if less racers show up because of the overlapped schedule with TCS?

- We all lose one race in the calendar; the venue’s attendance is diluted and business goals are not met; no consideration and bad sportsmanship are on display; our enthusiasm is turned off. All this for what reason?

Knowing that you all can come up with something better, yet here are some possible solutions:

• Exchange dates between the SFV track and Tamiya ‘s UF1 race and hold Tamiya UF1 race on Saturday April 6 back to back to TCS (this has been done before with great success)

• Bump SFV track date one week (two consecutive UF1 weekends is not a real problem)

• Reschedule the SFV race to November some weeks before the last round at TQ.

I hope that the best interest of all of us (TCS and UF1 participants) will prevail in your consideration and the dates in the calendar be modified to meet this goal.

Cordially,

Marcos Wanless
UF1 and TCS participant since 2009
Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by HeliYogi
I am the only one?
Anyway, this is a letter I just email the UF1 "leadership" asking for some consideration. Feedback appreciated.
Thanks, Marcos
---------------------------------------------------
UF1 Committee members Friday, March 08, 2013
Fred Medel
Mark Goldwater
Mike Kennedy
Tim Ruwe
Tony Phalen

Subject: UF1 race date overlapping Tamiya’s TCS April 7 race.

Last week I emailed Tony Phalen, concerned because the UF1 2nd round race was scheduled on the same day as Tamiya’s TCS race at Aliso Viejo, CA. I also suggested bumping the race up in the calendar.

Tony’s immediate reply stated that 4-7-2013 was “the only date available,” he also mentioned being uncomfortable putting himself and some of us on the spot having to decide between the two venues.

I believe that five intelligent men on the board of the UF1 can together put up enough ingenuity to correct this situation and change the UF1 race to a better date.

Maybe some guys will say that this is not that important - play it down, but let’s consider the implications of having two races the same day:

- First, an inexplicable and rude disregard of Tamiya ‘s TCS. Months ago we all knew the date of TCS. Why should we, or anyone else, bluntly ignore the TCS date. Is this the best sportsmanship we can come up with?

- For two years I’ve been proposing the UF1 leadership to run and support the SFV local track. Two weeks ago a deal was reached with the venue, the owner agreed to cancel his regular club race in order to host the UF1 on UF1 terms. He was promised at least 30 to 40 in attendance. Will UF1 pay him the difference if less racers show up because of the overlapped schedule with TCS?

- We all lose one race in the calendar; the venue’s attendance is diluted and business goals are not met; no consideration and bad sportsmanship are on display; our enthusiasm is turned off. All this for what reason?

Knowing that you all can come up with something better, yet here are some possible solutions:

• Exchange dates between the SFV track and Tamiya ‘s UF1 race and hold Tamiya UF1 race on Saturday April 6 back to back to TCS (this has been done before with great success)

• Bump SFV track date one week (two consecutive UF1 weekends is not a real problem)

• Reschedule the SFV race to November some weeks before the last round at TQ.

I hope that the best interest of all of us (TCS and UF1 participants) will prevail in your consideration and the dates in the calendar be modified to meet this goal.

Cordially,

Marcos Wanless
UF1 and TCS participant since 2009
I dont race SFV and I dont race TCS so, I dont mind. They can't make everybody happy. Marcos - please just put on your big boy pants, make a decision and attend one race or the other and please save the drama for your mama. Oh and hey Marcos - i love you man!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.20 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.