Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
That track looks awesome!
Yes it is!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Your track looks great! Cool video!

I'm hoping to come down there with a few friends in the spring time!

Keep up the good work guys!

JG
Old 01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default Tire recommendations

I am planning on coming out tomorrow after a morning meeting, but I was wondering what kind of tires people are running down there on this new track??

Got a new buggy and am ready to get this thing running! Pretty excited this track looks great!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
I am planning on coming out tomorrow after a morning meeting, but I was wondering what kind of tires people are running down there on this new track??

Got a new buggy and am ready to get this thing running! Pretty excited this track looks great!
I strongly recommend you don't come out unless it has been posted that they are open for practice or racing. I'd hate to you come down and meet up with a locked gate. They usually post the day before if they will be open for practice or racing. Just keep checking this thread for track updates.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
I strongly recommend you don't come out unless it has been posted that they are open for practice or racing. I'd hate to you come down and meet up with a locked gate. They usually post the day before if they will be open for practice or racing. Just keep checking this thread for track updates.
I checked on the Facebook page there is practice tomorrow from 10:30 till dusk from what I was understanding. Is that correct? If so any recommendations on tires?
Old 01-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
I checked on the Facebook page there is practice tomorrow from 10:30 till dusk from what I was understanding. Is that correct? If so any recommendations on tires?
You are right, sorry about that. I guess I must have missed that post. As for tires. It varies with the conditions of the track and how much it has been watered. I prefer AKA Gridirons. I recommend when you go there tomorrow ask the guys for their take.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
You are right, sorry about that. I guess I must have missed that post. As for tires. It varies with the conditions of the track and how much it has been watered. I prefer AKA Gridirons. I recommend when you go there tomorrow ask the guys for their take.
Awesome! Thanks, I was going to stop by my local hobby shop on the way down and get some so I had something to try out but thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Does the 1/8th scale wonder have regular times they are open or any practice during the week that is consistent? Just want to get down there and throw down some practice.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like the lease has been sold on FB from the current owner/operator.

So what is the future of the track with the "new owner/operatory"? Same as usual or will it get flattened out for a parking lot or returned to dirt like the old Barona track?

Seemed kind of sudden without even being finished and now there is new owners for the lease, would be nice to know their intentions.

I ask a question about why we had to be "Roar" member to race there and never got an answer which makes sense if your selling the place and don't care about why you were requiring a membership in ROAR and the track was only hosting one ROAR event a year and the ROAR site itself state the insurance only covers you for ROAR santioned events, which was only set for one weekend in 2012.

Rant over, this sucks, what's our future here in SD?

Anyone????
Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let me take some of the unknown out of this situation.
Here is what I know...

Dave never had a lease with the property owner, thus a lease was never bought or sold. It didn't exist.
Dave told the property owner that he "didn't have time" to finish/operate the facility. Again, this is what I've been told I can share. I do not know Dave's side other than what he posted on Facebook which is not very clear. When he posted it, there still was no signed lease on the property.

The property owner has invested a ton of resources into this awesome outdoor track and he doesn't intend to let it go to waste or simply keep it to himself.

Nothing was taken from Dave and I want that to be clear. The few that are upset and are threatening violence do not know the whole story (one side of the story always sounds correct until the other side is known. Then you have the full truth).

I was approached about leasing the facility and I said I was interested. Why wouldn't I be?!?

I have negotiated a lease and I will be finishing the facility as soon as Sdrc's expansion project is done. I already have a qualified staff to operate the facility and we will be accessing what needs to be finished before we open.

I do NOT have a date nailed down, but I am shooting for early March.

The JBRL will still be held at its scheduled time.

Your membership at Sdrc will be good at both our indoor location and outdoor location.

We will be open 5 days a week and plan to club race 2 days a week.

We will race 1/8, and 1/5! No ROAR membership will be required to run on the track.

Please do not ask questions regarding more info. I just got home from Sdrc and am pooped so I'm sure I missed some details.

More info will come in a new thread as soon as I set a grand opening date.

Let's leave the drama behind and lets race!

Scott
Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Initiate

I know you said no questions but I have to ask if there will be any open track days over the next couple of months? I went there yesterday and some people were there but the gate locked and they had RC cars so it seems some people are able to still get in an use the track, when will this be available for everyone to practice?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry for the confusion. That was the property owner and his friends. There will be no track days until some needed upgrades are done. Sometime around the first week of march.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sbdogwood
Sorry for the confusion. That was the property owner and his friends. There will be no track days until some needed upgrades are done. Sometime around the first week of march.
Thanks for the clarification.

PM sent.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Last edited by Sinakal; 01-18-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any updates ??

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.