Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever! >

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Like Tree37Likes

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Old 05-01-2018, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know this is off topic... but this seems to be the most active Mini-Z forum I've seen lately...

I've been around Mini-Zs since they came out and I just got the Protek LiFe battery setup for one of my newer cars, but I don't know how to install it (I have the wire harness but I don't know where to attach the wires and I don't want to mess anything up) I just need a guide or some photos or something... does anyone know where I can get this info since the parts don't come with instructions?

THanks

BTW.. is this the same lightfoot I used to race 1/18 scale and F1 against years ago?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akura2 View Post
I know this is off topic... but this seems to be the most active Mini-Z forum I've seen lately...

I've been around Mini-Zs since they came out and I just got the Protek LiFe battery setup for one of my newer cars, but I don't know how to install it (I have the wire harness but I don't know where to attach the wires and I don't want to mess anything up) I just need a guide or some photos or something... does anyone know where I can get this info since the parts don't come with instructions?

THanks

BTW.. is this the same lightfoot I used to race 1/18 scale and F1 against years ago?
I know what set up you're talking about but none of us have ever used it at our club so no easily digestible instructions to share nor readily available pics available to help out. You may wanna try posting on mini-zracer.com or ask on FB for quicker response.
akura2 likes this.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THanks

I don't remember ever racing 1/18 th scale but did race f1 in min-z and 10th scale
what track would it have been ?
akura2 likes this.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Skyhubter Hobby Race Tomorrow

Here's the complete info for tomorrow's (Sat 05/12) race:

Store / Address: Skyhunter Hobby, 543 W Lancaster Blvd, Lancaster CA 93534
Hours: Store & Pit spaces open at 10:00am / Racing Starts at 6:00pm
Classes: Mod (open motor and battery) // Stock 70T/3500 Nimh only // Box Stock

Pretty much all of us from PN who have already communicated will be running our Super Stock cars in Mod so thats set but try to bring a stock Nimh car too and I'll try to put together a fantastic plastic box-stock car since Bob said he is going to

There will be enough tables but if you can throw in a folding chair in your car just in case.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Here's the complete info for tomorrow's (Sat 05/12) race:

Store / Address: Skyhunter Hobby, 543 W Lancaster Blvd, Lancaster CA 93534
Hours: Store & Pit spaces open at 10:00am / Racing Starts at 6:00pm
Classes: // Mod (open motor and battery) // Stock 70T/3500 Nimh only // Box Stock

Pretty much all of us from PN who have already communicated will be running our Super Stock cars in Mod so thats set but try to bring a stock Nimh car too and I'll try to put together a fantastic plastic box-stock car since Bob said he is going to

There will be enough tables but if you can, throw a folding chair in your car just in case.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Skyhunter Hobby Shop Inaugural Race In the Books

What a well attended first race and well ran program !
15 racers of all skills from seasoned expert to intermediate to Novice ended up duking it out in 4 classes of Mod / Super Stock / Stock / BoxStock
They have Monthly/Weekly Mini-Z race program in the works starting in 2018.
To join in the action follow them on Facebook for updates as the program comes together ..https://www.facebook.com/skyhunterhobbyshop/
I'll be looking forward to attending many races at this place

Youtube Video From the Event:

Old 05-22-2018, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
I don't remember ever racing 1/18 th scale but did race f1 in min-z and 10th scale
what track would it have been ?
it was 1/10 F1 and it would have been at the Northridge transit station... I used to go there with Lito Reyes

Last edited by akura2; 05-22-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

MA020VE

MR03Sport2 hand painted white body
Are Kenon and Skyhunter the only Mini-z tracks left in Southern California? I live in Los Angeles and have had Mini-z cars since 2003 but I’ve only met up for get togethers a couple of times (BrookerTracker, Kyosho, and when RCP tracks was first starting, John, the owner of RCP, would set up GTGs)

i just got a new MA020VE and a MR03Sport2 (70t) that I’m about to change the board in, and an ‘old’ MR03LM (70t) that I’ve had since they came out... I wanna start racing again, but the track at Kenon isn’t open regularly and Lancaster is FAR... I AM willing to travel to Kenon, but scheduling may conflict

thanks for any info

BTW.. i figured out how to add the LiFe batteries to my LM
Old 05-23-2018, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

it was 1/10 F1 and it would have been at the Northridge transit station... I used to go there with Lito Reyes
I have raced at the Valley track maybe 6 times ??? I probably would have taken my F1 and usually a GT car... Probably me ... I've never run into another "Lightfoot" in SoCal RC racing in the 10 or so years I've been doing it...
Old 05-27-2018, 04:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyone have photos of a 2s2p LiPo wiring setup? I saw a diagram once but I need to see the actual setup to get it... thx!
Old 05-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Does anyone have photos of a 2s2p LiPo wiring setup? I saw a diagram once but I need to see the actual setup to get it... thx!
Here's the way my car is wired up for Lithium, you can apply the same wiring to a Kyosho chassis.... FYI capacitor is an option Not required to run Lithium/Lipo and can also be used for Nimh powered cars for the same benefits.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Are Kenon and Skyhunter the only Mini-z tracks left in Southern California? I live in Los Angeles and have had Mini-z cars since 2003 but I’ve only met up for get togethers a couple of times (BrookerTracker, Kyosho, and when RCP tracks was first starting, John, the owner of RCP, would set up GTGs)

i just got a new MA020VE and a MR03Sport2 (70t) that I’m about to change the board in, and an ‘old’ MR03LM (70t) that I’ve had since they came out... I wanna start racing again, but the track at Kenon isn’t open regularly and Lancaster is FAR... I AM willing to travel to Kenon, but scheduling may conflict

thanks for any info

BTW.. i figured out how to add the LiFe batteries to my LM

Indeed Kenon and now Skyhunter Hobby are the only two 28th scale (AKA mini-z class) in SoCal at the moment and both run regular programs as follows:

Kenon Hobby (PN Racing) once a month "weekend" program which is being switched to 3rd Sunday of each Month starting in July...official announcement to be made after race on June 10th.
Track is also open on any weekdays during regular shop hours & on most but not all Tuesday & Thursdays Grant is also at the shop...check their schedule on the website link above.

Skyhunter Hobby have a RCP track set up for 3 out of 4 weeks of the month, for track hours etc contact them at the link above on FB.

Biggest news as of last month:

PN & Skyhunter are co-sponsoring races, First one was held last month at Skyhunter with 15 racers in attendance and the next one is scheduled for June 10th at PN 11 days from now...more info on next posts.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Racing on June 10th at Kenon

FYI for the PN crowd, from Skyhubter Hobbies 4 racers are confirmed and up to 3 more (7 total) maybe coming down
This Should be the most happening race day at kenon since the Audi Challenge form 2 years ago

Last edited by mugler; 06-02-2018 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Revised Flyer Uploaded
Old 06-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Default Race Day Fast Approaching

New Flyer Revisions Include: Race Fee, Race Format & Box Stock Tx Rule

And for those who missed the last race :

Old 06-11-2018, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mugler View Post
Here's the way my car is wired up for Lithium, you can apply the same wiring to a Kyosho chassis.... FYI capacitor is an option Not required to run Lithium/Lipo and can also be used for Nimh powered cars for the same benefits.

Thx... and that's for four LiPo cells, wired in series/parallel for 1100Mah 7.4v right?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.