Wiki Posts
Search

JBRL ELECTRIC OFFROAD RACING SERIES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

We fully understand your point. We are sympathetic to it as well and do our best to make the series as fair as possible. If SC gets a large turnout in the Pro-2 class it might be broken up but the "expert" classes just have never had the turnout. Is it fair to the pro guys to only race 4 guys. Like I said once there is enough to sustain a class on it's own we will make one. Until then we try and keep the factory guys as high up as possible. Leaves the sportsman classes to the guys that really pay there way to get better and move up in the future. Guys that do well in the sportsman class have historically started recieving some help by the end of the series. Something to think about. As for the few guys that really like mod but want a sportsman class. Really don't know what to say at this time. We are open to suggestions and work hard to listen to the racers but we have to draw some lines somewhere and do our best to make it as fair and reasonable as possible but know we can't make everyone happy in all circumstances but do our best to get there!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Casper
Sorry guys just found this thread. I don't go "looking" too often!

The issue with trucks is last year there were barely enough mod truck and super stock trucks. SC was exploding last year though. Sooooooo we made a choice to take out a normal truck class and all the SS guys could step up to mod and we would add another SC class. Just seemed to make the most sense for loading up classes as Steve said it is more fun to have 15-20 guys then 4-5. At least I feel this way.

Expert stock is for the guys that are experienced and want to go faster and have the time to figure out the boosted speedo's and get the most out of there equipment. They will spend the money to go fast and this lets them. Sportsman non boosted is a drivers class. We are trying to control costs a little more and even out the field and slow things down a little. Take it back down a notch even the field speed wise and let the guy who can drive win. We will do our best to keep an eye on guys trying to boost and there are ways to check the speedo settings when you pull off the car so you can check the guys that look "too fast" and we will deal with those situations if they come up. Tech will do there best to check through pre race tech but there will be some trust in the drivers to do the right thing. We do a pretty good job of policing each other in the pits as well and if someone is doing something shady we can talk to tech. It should be pretty obvious they guys tweaking the settings as the speed difference is quite noticeable.

It is hard to please everyone but we are also trying to make the best set of classes to include the most amount of people. These are one day events though so there has to be a little compromise. If there are enough people that think there is a missing class (like expert stock truck) get a list together of guys that want to run and we can try it. History says there are not enough drivers to support the class though. The last couple years have had real low turnouts in SS truck and mod truck so we are combining them this year.

I updated the classes just a little. Super stock became Expert.

Also the Pro2 and Pro4. Those are just the names of the "CORR" classes. You don't need to be a pro just thought we would bring some of the real life names to the hobby as the SC class is really taking off and is a lot of fun. If you want to run mod motors come have some fun. SC is a blast but they can be a handful with lots of motor. The Pro2 and Pro4 are open for all. Yes there will be some pro drivers in these classes but again until there are enough in the field to justify splitting them off into there own class of 12+ they all get grouped together. Same goes for 8th scale. Until that class grows to more then a heat per event no justification for adding another class and another 30 min to each event.
Since there were more stock trucks last year than any other class, and we're doing away with SS/13.5 all together, shouldn't the truck class have a boost class more so than buggy. If there aren't enough mod trucks, it's not the stock truck guys fault. You know that there are some people that just don't want to race mod at all.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Prophet

I agree stock truck is one of the largest if not the largest class we have. Stock buggy and SS buggy have always had a large enough following to hold there own. Typically at least 2 heats. Any truck class other then stock has always struggled. At least for the past couple years. If you can run boosted 17.5 you can run mild mod. Throw in a non boosted 10.5 and go have some fun in the mod class or a boosted 13.5 They are similar speeds down the straight and ar softer in the infield for guys don't run mod a lot. We mixed the mod and SS classes at the final last year and speeds were not all that far off. It is either that or let the pros in a boosted 17.5 class and no mod truck? Recent history has shown both an expert stock truck and a mod truck class are not well supported. Attendance falls to under 5 per class per event. We are open to suggestions.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Pretty much every race I've been in everyone is running a boosted esc in
Stock truck,I understand about slowing the class down and making it more even between everyone,why don't we just make stock truck boosted?I'm sure everyone would want that more then a no timing esc
Old 12-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Just A Thought

Hey guys, i'm really excited about the 2011 JBRL Season. As far as classes go, here are my ideas for the SC class:

Stock SC: 17.5, non timing speed control, 2s lipo (no chassis sponsored drivers)

Expert SC: 17.5, timing, 2s lipo (no chassis sponsored drivers)

Mod SC: any motor, 2s lipo

4wd SC: any motor & speedo, 2s lipo

RC racing was flurishing in the 90's and one reason was because there we're a limited amout of classes and that ment that the competition level in each class was really high. Racers don't want to come to a track and run in a heat of 4 trucks. Stock and Mod is all we need and I personally don't think that a chassis sponsored driver should be running Stock.

Mod class attendance is so low that I don't think we should separate the class in Expert and Sportsman Mod. That would kill the class by round #4. Plus, I see it every day at our track that the 17.5 guys are just as fast as the mod racers. Maybe have Stock Non Timing SC, Open SC (any motor) and Expert Mod.

Also, it gets me when guys run mod SC and then complain about getting beat by the pros. Run Stock or Expert Stock. Mod is for the big boys and if you decide to buy a mod motor than you should understand what your getting yourself into.

Half of the racers at our track run Mod SC and 17.5 SC with the same motor. I know one thing, I will run the mod sc class and get spanked by all the pros. Will I place in the top 5, probably not. But what I do know is that I will get better and better every time I race.

One more thing, timing has killed onroad racing and it's just starting to come back to life. Please, Please don't let that happen in electric offroad.

I really hope Jimmy's Crew knows how to tech speed control such as a tekin RS when the timing is turned off. If you guys have any questions Ron and Myself are willing to help you guys out with all the new updates and what to watch for.

See you all soon and don't forget these are toy cars we're racing.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Danny those are our SC classes as they stand right now.

mxracer458-- We get it that everyone is boosting. The cars are going too fast in our opinion. For the average guy going unboosted will make for more fun racing and better competition. The reason is you don't need to figure out how to get the most out of everything with computers and stuff. The average driver has more control with a little slower car and thus actually has more fun racing. Going fast is fun for everyone but the old brushed stock classes were a ton of fun and speeds were really close as there were not many things you could really do to increase speed. Nothing even close to boosted speedo's.

You might be suprised as to how fast a non boosted 17.5 is. Yeah slower then what you are probably used to be still plenty fast. My daughter has been driving non boosted 17.5 for a while now and can do all the jumps and get around the track just fine. She is just in more control of her car then if we made it go faster. She breaks less stuff and tires last longer.

Not saying we follow all ROAR's rules but do tend to default to there rules, ROAR is doing a similar thing with stock. Speeds really need to be brought back in check for the average racer and this is a cheap and easy way to do it. Helps level the field and will bring up the fun factor. Give it a try and see. Like Danny said boosted speedo's helped kill onroad. Don't want to see a speed race do the same thing to offroad. The technology is already built in these speedo's we have so it should be minimal if any cost hit to anyone wanting to run. Just have to back down the speeds a little.

The best part is your current speedo should be able to be turned down to be legal. No need to worry about a new super speedo coming out mid season to spend another $200 on to keep up on the straight. If you want it for club or other racing fine but not needed to keep up at the JBRL this year.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Company Representative

I agree stock truck is one of the largest if not the largest class we have. Stock buggy and SS buggy have always had a large enough following to hold there own. Typically at least 2 heats. Any truck class other then stock has always struggled. At least for the past couple years. If you can run boosted 17.5 you can run mild mod. Throw in a non boosted 10.5 and go have some fun in the mod class or a boosted 13.5 They are similar speeds down the straight and ar softer in the infield for guys don't run mod a lot. We mixed the mod and SS classes at the final last year and speeds were not all that far off. It is either that or let the pros in a boosted 17.5 class and no mod truck? Recent history has shown both an expert stock truck and a mod truck class are not well supported. Attendance falls to under 5 per class per event. We are open to suggestions.
I know what your getting at with the Expert Stock truck class, but this is a little bit different. No 19T or 13.5. All the same people that ran timed or boosted speed controls last year in truck would still be running the same class this year. There were 2 heats deep and sometimes 3 with guys running boosted speedos. So basically it would be the same. I know of a lot of people, Casper, that just don't want to run mod.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Casper or Jimmy,

Lets say a boosted 17.5 truck class was ran would someone be able to run both 17.5 Truck classes or would they be totally separate? (17.5 non boosted and 17.5 boosted)

Only difference is gearing and ESC timing.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by What up?
Casper or Jimmy,

Lets say a boosted 17.5 truck class was ran would someone be able to run both 17.5 Truck classes or would they be totally separate? (17.5 non boosted and 17.5 boosted)

Hey Bud, how ya' doing. Just run the same rules as buggy would be my guess.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by What up?
Casper or Jimmy,

Assuming you were not sponsored which takes you out of sportsmans stock you could run both classes. (boosted and non boosted).

Scott-- Jimmy is thinking hard about Expert stock truck. It is ultimatly his decision and we are listening! For what it worth I was running up at HRH last night. Jimmy's boosted 17.5 was just as fast as my non boosted 10.5 in the intermediate SC class up there. If you can run those speeds you are running modified already. Just a thought! I consider anything boosted modified but that I just me. The speeds are up there.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Company Representative

Assuming you were not sponsored which takes you out of sportsmans stock you could run both classes. (boosted and non boosted).

Scott-- Jimmy is thinking hard about Expert stock truck. It is ultimatly his decision and we are listening! For what it worth I was running up at HRH last night. Jimmy's boosted 17.5 was just as fast as my non boosted 10.5 in the intermediate SC class up there. If you can run those speeds you are running modified already. Just a thought! I consider anything boosted modified but that I just me. The speeds are up there.
Then wouldn't that apply to buggy as well? The same rules should apply to both classes.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

There should be two classes per vehicle, not including SC and 4wd.
Stock Buggy and Open Buggy
Stock Truck and Open Truck
Open 4wd
Pro-2
Pro-4
Stock SC
Rookie

Stock is 17.5 no timing advance.
Open is... OPEN.

I'd rather be in the B or C of Open then be last of 5 Expert "I dont wanna run mod" Stock "but I wanna go fast" buggies....
Old 12-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
Then wouldn't that apply to buggy as well? The same rules should apply to both classes.
Buggies have been a bigger class in supporting Stock, super stock and modified in the past. That is why there is still an expert stock buggy.

The "anything boosted is modified" comment is my own opinion and not that of the JBRL.

Look at the past couple years and you will see Mod truck and SS (or even expert stock truck) have not been well supported. Maybe boosted and non boosted 17.5 class in truck will work? I understand people don't want to run "mod" but in reality boosted 17.5 is mod speeds so you are doing it anyway. Just in a little more "spec" way I guess. Depends on how good your speedo is and how good you are in tuning it.

Jimmy is thinking hard about the Expert stock truck class. I am sure he will make a decision soon.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BanzaiScott
Hey Bud, how ya' doing. Just run the same rules as buggy would be my guess.
What up Scott? I didnt know with the new rules what was allowed.

I was just asking to ask not for me of course. Just for general info
Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Buggies have been a bigger class in supporting Stock, super stock and modified in the past. That is why there is still an expert stock buggy.

The "anything boosted is modified" comment is my own opinion and not that of the JBRL.

Look at the past couple years and you will see Mod truck and SS (or even expert stock truck) have not been well supported. Maybe boosted and non boosted 17.5 class in truck will work? I understand people don't want to run "mod" but in reality boosted 17.5 is mod speeds so you are doing it anyway. Just in a little more "spec" way I guess. Depends on how good your speedo is and how good you are in tuning it.

Jimmy is thinking hard about the Expert stock truck class. I am sure he will make a decision soon.
Just a thought Casper but what about making stock 21.5 boosted?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.