Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

CAL RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 10-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Another awesome race day at Cal
Thanks Charlie, Angie and Ken, good stuff
Fun day indeed.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'd like to try and make a day out with my son and I, he has a TC3, but being an offroad guy, no clue on gearing or motor for him (rookie). Where should I start & what tires should I start him with too? I'll probably run a Euro Truck until I get my sedan done for VTA (heard to shoot for 3.5 fdr with a 25.5, right-ish?) - by the way, anyone have a line on Alex Racing Barracuda parts? Need a couple rear shock towers

Thanks
Joey
Old 10-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jk racing
I'd like to try and make a day out with my son and I, he has a TC3, but being an offroad guy, no clue on gearing or motor for him (rookie). Where should I start & what tires should I start him with too? I'll probably run a Euro Truck until I get my sedan done for VTA (heard to shoot for 3.5 fdr with a 25.5, right-ish?) - by the way, anyone have a line on Alex Racing Barracuda parts? Need a couple rear shock towers

Thanks
Joey
Not sure how well your son drives, but I left the silver can in the car and didn't even bother with gearing my son's car correctly. I went very, very conservative. I'm just letting him drive and get some laps in. If your son can stay on the track well enough, then most will run a 17.5 between 3.8 and 4.4 it seems. Rush 36 or Sorex 36 pre-mounts will work great for tires. Good luck..... let us know when you plan on going out and I'll head out with my boy so we get a true rookie class going.
- Jose
Old 10-03-2018, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

He, like me, runs offroad, he isnt as little as I would like him to be anymore (16), and can get around okay. But thank you for the tire & gearing guidance, off to do some math and find spur/pinions for this monster now. I'll post up before we show, we may try to hit a practice day too, if possible.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks
Joey
If you don't have a motor/tires/etc yet, you may consider a basic 21.5 and put the Gravity USGT tires on it. Give him a Corvette body (or the like). He may like the "cool" factor. Plus the USGT tires just get better the worse they look and they are only $25 for a set of 4. You might even get a Reedy 21.5 fixed timing motor, only $55-$60 and work great.

Race day Sunday and I believe Charlie said Rookies are FREE this week... Bring him out, we'll all help...
TC5Driven likes this.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

We are racing this Sunday. 1st Sunday racing happening at Cal.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KenGerb
If you don't have a motor/tires/etc yet, you may consider a basic 21.5 and put the Gravity USGT tires on it. Give him a Corvette body (or the like). He may like the "cool" factor. Plus the USGT tires just get better the worse they look and they are only $25 for a set of 4. You might even get a Reedy 21.5 fixed timing motor, only $55-$60 and work great.

Race day Sunday and I believe Charlie said Rookies are FREE this week... Bring him out, we'll all help...
I've got quite a few 17.5 motors, I think I have a few 21.5 from my Velodrome NasTruck now that I think about it. USGT, what bodies are 'legal'? I have a box full of old bodies that I was given when I bought the TC3, we put a red ferrari on there, he liked it, I know there is a mustang body in there too. Where can i get the Gravity USGT tires, TQ or here locally (I live here in Anaheim).

We are supposed to race in Menifee this sunday (outdoor offroad), so not quite sure yet which direction we are going, still arent completely ready for onroad, dont want to rush it and not have a decent time, do not expect to be competitive for a while, no jumps

Sorry for all the questions, darn off road guys...LOL.

Old 10-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

I've got quite a few 17.5 motors, I think I have a few 21.5 from my Velodrome NasTruck now that I think about it. USGT, what bodies are 'legal'? I have a box full of old bodies that I was given when I bought the TC3, we put a red ferrari on there, he liked it, I know there is a mustang body in there too. Where can i get the Gravity USGT tires, TQ or here locally (I live here in Anaheim).

We are supposed to race in Menifee this sunday (outdoor offroad), so not quite sure yet which direction we are going, still arent completely ready for onroad, dont want to rush it and not have a decent time, do not expect to be competitive for a while, no jumps

Sorry for all the questions, darn off road guys...LOL.
No worries on the questions...

ActivRC, TQ, and AMain all have tires and bodies. For rookie class, it's pretty much run what you brung, just no modified motors

https://activrc.com/collections/gt
https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...p_keyword=usgt
https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=usgt

USGT does have an "official" body list you can check.
http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rule...s9-15-2018.pdf

Old 10-04-2018, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

NO Trucks vans minivans school buses garbage trucks, ultility vehicles, moon landers, zambonis,golf carts, quads, etc allowed.
BOOO...HISSS....LMAO, kidding. Not sure of the manufacturer of the Mustang body, but pretty sure that is "In the spirit of USGT".

Guess my Dodge Ram SRT10 (HPI) body isnt legal...
KenGerb likes this.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

BOOO...HISSS....LMAO, kidding. Not sure of the manufacturer of the Mustang body, but pretty sure that is "In the spirit of USGT".

Guess my Dodge Ram SRT10 (HPI) body isnt legal...
The usgt racing rules here are pretty relaxed although with competitive racers. As long as the body is not a touring car/ nascar then I say any body is fine just to get you going.
The main rule is 21.5 motor, gravity tires and no touring car bodies.
jk racing, KenGerb and TC5Driven like this.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MikeR
The usgt racing rules here are pretty relaxed although with competitive racers. As long as the body is not a touring car/ nascar then I say any body is fine just to get you going.
The main rule is 21.5 motor, gravity tires and no touring car bodies.
Exactly.
jk racing likes this.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Can’t wait to run this weekend. It’s been a bit and I’m missing chasing y’all around the track. We running VTA this weekend Ken? Trying to figure out how many cars to bring lol. Got too many now. VTA, USGT, F1, TC, Pro-10, 12th scale lol. Not sure my car has room anymore.
TC5Driven likes this.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

I'll work on getting it mounted up on a sedan chassis, right now its on my pan car (is there a pan car class?)

Old 10-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

I'm bringing the VTA, F1, and Mini for sure. Burt I'll probably bring the rest too.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ken what about USGT? I still have a brand new reedy s+ I need to solder up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.