Like Tree231Likes

CAL RACEWAY

Old 06-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We will be painting the Islands tomorrow. I will be there about 7am. We will have practice shortly after we are done painting. Gotta love the fast drying sidewalk paint! If anyone wants to come help out, please join us! See you all tomorrow!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

congrats on the track Charlie!!!!!! we"ll be down from Vegas for sho!

mike
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
congrats on the track Charlie!!!!!! we"ll be down from Vegas for sho!

mike
WOW!!! Whats up Mike!!!!! So good to hear from you bro! Yeah, try to come on down for our grand opening race then 4th July race in HB...make it a double header!

You gotta show some of the Cali boys some LV SKEELZZ!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

1st Unofficial Club Race Tomorrow! WE will run 17.5 and 13.5. Mod is another class the drivers were talking about today at practice. Now is the time to get your cars dialed in for next weekend's Grand Opening Race! Come on out and race with us!

Track opens at 8am. Racing starts at 10:30am. Cost is $20 for first class, $10 each additional class.

Cal is located at 2190 N Canal Rd. Orange, Ca 92865

See you all there~!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

wow sounds great charlie im going to have to find some time to go out there and check it out
Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
WOW!!! Whats up Mike!!!!! So good to hear from you bro! Yeah, try to come on down for our grand opening race then 4th July race in HB...make it a double header!

You gotta show some of the Cali boys some LV SKEELZZ!!!
I dont think we'll make it this weekend, as Gus and I have been running the JBRL series....but you never know...

good luck and hope the turnout is great!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Any Plans for Permanent Tables

Glad to hear we have another permanent track in the So Cal area. Is there any plans for permanent pit spaces now that the track operates all week. Is there built in canopies or do we have to bring easy ups for shade. This track is right on my way home from work but I don't have room for pit tables or easy ups in my 370Z. Not complaining because I still would be able to come out on the weekends and race because I can bring my SUV it would just be so perfect to be able to practice a few hours after work without having to plan on packing so much gear.

Good luck with the new track
Old 06-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TRESFR View Post
Glad to hear we have another permanent track in the So Cal area. Is there any plans for permanent pit spaces now that the track operates all week. Is there built in canopies or do we have to bring easy ups for shade. This track is right on my way home from work but I don't have room for pit tables or easy ups in my 370Z. Not complaining because I still would be able to come out on the weekends and race because I can bring my SUV it would just be so perfect to be able to practice a few hours after work without having to plan on packing so much gear.

Good luck with the new track
Hey Mark,
Only time will tell if this will be a possibility. For now, my goal is to finish rebuilding the facility and getting opened. There is always room for improvement. You really do not need canopies and shade, considering racing is at night, but like i said...there is always room for improvement.

I have been so humbled by the overwhelming help, support, and positive words of encouragement by all the racers and friends who all pitched in to make this happen. I am just one person, with very limited funds, like most of us. I will do what i can, like i always do to ensure everyone has a good time and gets their racing fix in.

For now, your 370Z is gonna have to endure some fold up or roll up tables and chairs.

We had some great racing today for Cal Raceway's "UNofficial Club Race". With only 3 heats, we actually ha a nice quick day ending by 1pm. WHat is nice about announcing on this track is that you see EVERYTHING...a luxury i don't have when i announce from the ground of our P-Lot races.

BIg Steven took the big "W" for Rookie Class. Had some issues in qulifying, but ended up showing all the old geezers they got beat by a 10 year old!!!!Russ Glass, back from On-Road Retirement took 2nd, and Mo took third.

Hiro Kasuya, HB Factory Fast Guy dominated the 17.7 class with averaging 1.6 seconds faster then everyone else. His Proto Hotbodies TCX proved to be a great balance of handling and speed at CAL! Steve D from Team Nitronic took 2nd and OC CIrcuit Veteran(racing since he was 4, now 14) took 3rd.

The BIG Battle was between Steve D and Dan Apodaca in the Cirtix SPEC 17.5 class. Dan was in front of Steve most off the time, then ended up BLOCKING Steve D ending in a big crash!!!! Jose Navarro was 1st, Dan in 2nd and Steve D in 3rd.

Like OC Circuit's Humble beginnings, this was a humble turnout, but regardless of small numbers, i am grateful for the support and is a pleasure to do it for the ones who do come out! I had fun just watching everyone with smiles on their faces as i blast to Michael Jackson songs!

Now, here are the race results.

CAL RACEWAY JUNE 27, 2010 RESULTS

Track will be open officially July 1st. Track will also be open June 30th.(Wednesday). We will have FREE Practice to those who bring in one(1) for us to put on our straight as well as outside perimeter boards.
Rain Master 2 In. x 3 In. Traditional White Vinyl Downspout
Model # M0593
Store SKU # 173387
$8.53/EA-Each

These can be bought at Home Depot. This is good for Wednesday Practice only! So come one out, bring a rain gutter (DownSpout) and practice for Free!!!

WE have a few more things to do to make the track ready to open so please check our site http://socal.rcracing.com for updates!

Remember, Grand opening race is THIS SATURDAY July 3rd! Flier to be up soon!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

THE END
Old 06-28-2010, 06:19 AM
KDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Charlie,

Your track and next weekends events were all the talk at our club race yesterday. I think there could be about 20 Roadrunners coming down. We are all pumped up and ready to race

-Steve
Old 06-28-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by KDR View Post
Hey Charlie,

Your track and next weekends events were all the talk at our club race yesterday. I think there could be about 20 Roadrunners coming down. We are all pumped up and ready to race

-Steve
I'm so looking forward to see you next week Steve-san!!
Old 06-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Charlie for another great race day, and especially for hooking me up with the right gears for my Cirtix club spec car!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats on your spectacular track. I will be there to run it in for you this wednesday Let me know if there is anything you need

Eric Kim
Old 06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Thankyou Everyone! It is proving to be a really fun place to race. Traction is excellent, nice cool breeze at the pits...you gotta love Californian weather!!!

Eric, THankyou. We will see you on Wednesday!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service