TQ RC RACING in Chino, California >

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree348Likes

TQ RC RACING in Chino, California

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sean is there a reason why the point series can't on normal Saturday night club race nights every 2nd and 4th Saturday? It's no secret that I run with the Ventura Roadrunners every 2nd and 4th Sunday, 1) because I am part of the club and 2) I've been part of the club and supporting it since the '90's. As with everyone I really enjoy your track and I just want to support it as much as possible as well. Well either way thanks for listening Sean
Old 05-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Sean is there a reason why the point series can't on normal Saturday night club race nights every 2nd and 4th Saturday? It's no secret that I run with the Ventura Roadrunners every 2nd and 4th Sunday, 1) because I am part of the club and 2) I've been part of the club and supporting it since the '90's. As with everyone I really enjoy your track and I just want to support it as much as possible as well. Well either way thanks for listening Sean
Fred,

I'm trying, but it's too hard to satisfy all.

I understand your concern and appreciate your support.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

1/12 scale racing tomorrow night on the carpet!!! Bring out your 1/12 scale cars---let's RACE!!!
Come on Tony---Eric---Walter---I know Dave Berger's coming---let's have some fun---13.5 motors!!!
Tim
Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by timmig
1/12 scale racing tomorrow night on the carpet!!! Bring out your 1/12 scale cars---let's RACE!!!
Come on Tony---Eric---Walter---I know Dave Berger's coming---let's have some fun---13.5 motors!!!
Tim
Thanks Tim,

Yes, Today is the last day of current layout !!

Come on out and enjoy the Saturday Race !!

After the race, layout will be changed.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Tim
Hey Tim, we just had a baby and I haven't been able to get out there but I do want to race the series. It would be nice to see Tony, Eric, Walter D, Alex, and Dave to come out during the series too...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Hey Tim, we just had a baby and I haven't been able to get out there but I do want to race the series. It would be nice to see Tony, Eric, Walter D, Alex, and Dave to come out during the series too...
CONGRATULATIONS!!! NOW --try to get some sleep!!!
Dave Berger and I did some testing today--so I got my Assoc car working better!!! The CRC car is working good too--but I think the Assoc car is easier to drive. I can run low 10's and high 9 second laps with either car--but the Assoc is a little more consistant. Mid to low 9's I can hit occasionally--- But definitely getting ready to do battle with you fast guys!!! Gotta mount up some new bodies--- and I'll be ready for the series. I hope Sean will move it to Saturday--- so we can run on our normal day!!
FWIW
Tim
Old 05-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Addict

CONGRATULATIONS!!! NOW --try to get some sleep!!!
Dave Berger and I did some testing today--so I got my Assoc car working better!!! The CRC car is working good too--but I think the Assoc car is easier to drive. I can run low 10's and high 9 second laps with either car--but the Assoc is a little more consistant. Mid to low 9's I can hit occasionally--- But definitely getting ready to do battle with you fast guys!!! Gotta mount up some new bodies--- and I'll be ready for the series. I hope Sean will move it to Saturday--- so we can run on our normal day!!
FWIW
Tim
Cool sounds like you're getting your car up to speed. I'll definately try to get out there soon!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats Walter!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

We changed the layout yesterday.

Thanks Fernando,Jason, John, Matthew and Walter for helping me out.

It's more technical and has more fun.

Walter got the best lap 11.0 with his 1/12.

Come on out and try the new layout and prepare for the TQ Carpet Championship series from June!!

Here are pictures and videos, and Congratulations Walter !!!

Click Here to see the new Layout
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

OKAY guys---there's a few guys out at TQ with 1/10 scale pan cars. I pulled mine down from 1994--and I"ve ordered tires for it!!! I'm going to put it back together---are you guys running 1s or 2s --or 6 cell NIMH??? What motor are you putting in initially?? I"ve got 17.5 and 2s that would be easy to install or I could go with 13.5 and 1s-- what kind of horsepower are you looking to do? Hey Dave Berger---I know you must have one laying around too!!! Break it out and let's have some fun on the carpet at TQ!!! Plus---if we got a few of these to show up out with Charlie Barnes----I'm sure he'd create a class for us to run them!!!
Or yeah----OLD SCHOOL---1/10 scale PAN CARS!!! Break out the grey beard stuff!!! These cars should be quick enough to put sedan cars back in their place !!! And CHEAPER to RUN!!!
Tim
Old 05-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Congrats Walter!!!
Thanks Charlie and Tim...It's a lot of work but well worth it
Old 05-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

OKAY guys---there's a few guys out at TQ with 1/10 scale pan cars. I pulled mine down from 1994--and I"ve ordered tires for it!!! I'm going to put it back together---are you guys running 1s or 2s --or 6 cell NIMH??? What motor are you putting in initially?? I"ve got 17.5 and 2s that would be easy to install or I could go with 13.5 and 1s-- what kind of horsepower are you looking to do? Hey Dave Berger---I know you must have one laying around too!!! Break it out and let's have some fun on the carpet at TQ!!! Plus---if we got a few of these to show up out with Charlie Barnes----I'm sure he'd create a class for us to run them!!!
Or yeah----OLD SCHOOL---1/10 scale PAN CARS!!! Break out the grey beard stuff!!! These cars should be quick enough to put sedan cars back in their place !!! And CHEAPER to RUN!!!
Tim
Tim, they have 6cell NiMH with 17.5 motor I think.

I'll ask them for making sure.

We have enough 1/10 pan car racers to have a class.

It's big and fast... Bring your pan car at TQ and let's race.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

OKay---but I think I'm going to build my car with the World GT rules in mind!! That is a 3.7 volt 13.5 car with Tekin speed control!! These cars run with GT bodies--but I have a bunch of old Pan car bodies I'll put on first--as the other guys are running old school too!! But the 1s lipo should work fine for my old T bar cars--- I ordered some tires---so I'll be out NEXT wed to do some testing with the car if I can get it together by then. I LOVE the 1/12 cars---but a 1/10 PAN class would be the MOST inexpensive racing for a newbie to start with--and CERTAINLY the most easily setup and drivable car as well. Maybe we could get a lot of new racers to begin carpet racing with that kind of car!!! I spoke to Frank Killam --an old racing budd-- he said he'd drag out one of his old pan cars to run in a class of World GT racing!!! Might have a GREAT entry level class for old and new racers!!
FWIW
TIM
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got a question for the 12th scale guys... I know there is a 17.5 ( 27 turn ) class and a 13.5 ( 19 turn ) class... Are you guys running turbo ESC in the 17.5 class ? If so can I run a 19 turn non adjustable ESC in the 17.5 class ? Or is that an obvious advantage ? I don't have a adjustable ESC to run...

Looking forward to racing tomorrow...
Old 05-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Charles--ALL the 1/12 scale fast guys are running with Tekin or timing booster capable speed controls in either class. Most have gone to the 13.5 class--but either one is a LOT OF FUN!! With the new layout horsepower wont' be as much of a factor either---it's going to be about smooth rolling turns and excellent driving to get the most out of your car. If you find out you can't compete without a Tekin---I'll rip one out of a car and loan it to you!!!!
Just get your car ready and come out and race. I may be down tomorrow night to test and tune on the new track--- let me know if you're available.
Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.