Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways

Old 03-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
yea seriously... just picked up an e-conversion kit for my mugen so i can swap to electric and race indoor then swap back to nitro for outdoor.
Ohhh well. Nothing we can do about the weather, but hope it doesn't rain Sat or Tues. Guess the weather doesn't like us

http://weather.weatherbug.com/CA/San...ml?zcode=z6286
Old 03-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Anyone racing tomorrow? I just saw the temps are gonna be in the low 40's .
Old 03-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Heck ya we raced.....freezing and all!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
Heck ya we raced.....freezing and all!!!
All I can say is my face was freezing yesterday. Good thing I wore two jackets At least the water coming out of the hose was warm.

Looks like there is no rain sat. Finally!

Are you guys handing out the sat series trophies this Saturday?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello Hot Rod locals, I'm coming up to your track for the first time for the JBRL. I'm new to off road racing but not to the world of r/c. I've only raced at OC/RC and West coast. Set up's are close a tires are the same. What,s a good stating point for a set up on a FT t4, spx, epic duo 2 17.5, reedy 35c 5000? What about tires and inserts what are the fast guys running? Also what are some of the things I should bring besides all of the normal? Is there a air compressor? I'm thinking about coming up for a race before the JBRL whats the best race day? Thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yourstruly22
Hello Hot Rod locals, I'm coming up to your track for the first time for the JBRL. I'm new to off road racing but not to the world of r/c. I've only raced at OC/RC and West coast. Set up's are close a tires are the same. What,s a good stating point for a set up on a FT t4, spx, epic duo 2 17.5, reedy 35c 5000? What about tires and inserts what are the fast guys running? Also what are some of the things I should bring besides all of the normal? Is there a air compressor? I'm thinking about coming up for a race before the JBRL whats the best race day? Thanks
The best day to go would be the Saturday before the JBRL since they will run the track dry on both Saturday and Sunday to blue groove the track.

The Best tires are are as follows:

Orange Bar Codes on the front and back with 2 stage foam in the Rear and full JC foam in the front.

You can allso go with Silver Losi Taper Pins in the front with Red Losi taper Pins in the Rear with the Foams the same as the above.

There are Panther Tires too but I dont run them to know which compound works the best.

Depending on how fast the track is or how technical the track is will depend on changing the shock oil to a heavier thickness since the track will get fast when it Grooves up (Blue Groove) Stock truck will wheelie.

If you have more questions I would find Cody Turner and Pic his brain on set up since he is alway very fast at Hot Rods and Runs for AE.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Josh!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yourstruly22
Originally Posted by What up?
The best day to go would be the Saturday before the JBRL since they will run the track dry on both Saturday and Sunday to blue groove the track.

The Best tires are are as follows:

Orange Bar Codes on the front and back with 2 stage foam in the Rear and full JC foam in the front.

You can allso go with Silver Losi Taper Pins in the front with Red Losi taper Pins in the Rear with the Foams the same as the above.

There are Panther Tires too but I dont run them to know which compound works the best.

Depending on how fast the track is or how technical the track is will depend on changing the shock oil to a heavier thickness since the track will get fast when it Grooves up (Blue Groove) Stock truck will wheelie.

If you have more questions I would find Cody Turner and Pic his brain on set up since he is alway very fast at Hot Rods and Runs for AE.
Yah i was gonna say what he said..
O and panther 2.0 or switches in soft compound are really good at hot rod also(some people like super soft but if its hot i wld go with soft)..

you can thank me later jimmy..
Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all of your answers.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all Hot Rod Hobbies locals and everyone else for that matter! We are putting in our brand new layout this Sunday April 25th and need everyone to come out and help put in the new layout. By doing this and being here working for 8 hours you will earn yourself a full month of first class entry fees!!! Feel free to post any questions and I hope to see you all Sunday!!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good seeing you at OCRC Jimmy. It's been what, about 7 or so years? Good to know you are still doing this. Take it easy and see ya around.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Check out the new layout.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

The track turned out great!!! I can't believe i'm gonna miss this race Dang girlfriend and her inconvenient birthday!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

We finally have jumps!!!!:lol

That sucks that were gonna miss to drive on that nice a$$ track until May 29th. Too many big events.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

I'll be there Thursday for a shake down.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.