Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. RACING NEWS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

GLARCRC will be kicking off its 2018 race season this weekend Feb 10, 11 at the Harbor gateway Transit Center with practice Saturday and Qualifying beginning at 9:00am Sunday. come on out and have some fun on the newly re designed layout. we also this year invite 1/10 modified electric touring car. Hope to see you all this weekend!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
GLARCRC track rules 2018.doc (33.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 02-05-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
GLARCRC will be kicking off its 2018 race season this weekend Feb 10, 11 at the Harbor gateway Transit Center with practice Saturday and Qualifying beginning at 9:00am Sunday. come on out and have some fun on the newly re designed layout. we also this year invite 1/10 modified electric touring car. Hope to see you all this weekend!!
cant wait and wow a new layout ?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Glenn, please check your PM
Old 02-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Glen, could you please post the track rules on the forum page or attach as a PDF?
Old 02-13-2018, 11:36 PM
Tech Regular

Default First race

Hey guys, I just wanted to say "Thank you" to all who came out and supported the first race of the season. Thanks also to those who helped out with setup on Saturday and with tear down on Sunday.

Glen ran a tight race schedule and the program was over early, much appreciated.

We should in the future should be able to start practice earlier on Saturday. Please be patient as the layout is massaged out and finalized.

Hope to see you all next week.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Hope to see you all tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Haven't been able to make it out yet. How is the 5th scale participation?
Old 03-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Revised 2018 GLARCRC race schedule

Attached is Rev B of the GLARCRC 2018 schedule. Changes were made to adjust to the latest schedule I received from Steel City Speedway. The LA Chargers 2018 schedule is still not available so adjustments in the fall will likely be necessary. SCS dates are in blue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
GLARCRCSCHEDULE2018 - Rev B.pdf (18.6 KB, 309 views)
Old 03-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Track Design 2018

It is my understanding that a private conversation has been initiated on the link below: The Greater Los Angeles GTeight Fanatics facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3297...7019542785713/

If anyone has any further information on this, please post it here as I am sure many do not know this conversation is going on.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

The majority of racers follow the Facebook page rather than here and that's why but I will enlighten readers on rctech. Seems that Kenny, and myself have received numerous phone calls as well as emails with drivers citing drivetrain and 2 speed issues due to a bump before cars enter the main back straight. This issue is mainly affecting 1/8 cars. The other feedback we are recieving from the 1/5 racers is the layout is still a bit tight for their cars. Also, it's not a very challenging layout at any skill level, we have a vast amount of real estate available and we should use it to it's fullest potential

To be perfectly honest, at the beginning of the year, I pointed out some of the pitfalls we are now experiencing and I explained that if we were to make any changes to the layout for 2018, they should be very subtle changes to the layout we already had. But this radical and extreme redesign (to me) would not be very conducive in light of another facility soon opening that has very similar area dimensions to our 2017 layout.

Now, in defense if the changes, the point was made that a bigger track required more manpower to build and take town, and it was burning out a lot of guys. Okay, good and valid point. But I did promise this year that we would tighten up the program which included starting at 10:00am, getting 3 quals done, and running straight through the mains. So far this has worked out well as we have completed the race day in such a timely manner, we are getting a good amount of guys staying to help put the track away. Last weekend, trailer was packed up and ready to go by 4:20p.m. if we keep the program consistent, I am very confident we will continue to get the help we need in lieu of any size layout.

Although these are scale model cars, they are still ultra high performance platforms designed for racing, which means being pushed to their limits and this current layout (just my opinion) is far from allowing these cars to do as such.

Everybody that races these cars spends a lot of time and money finding that balance between performance and control and from the feedback I'm getting, the majority of the racers are not enjoying their equipment to it's fullest potential on our current layout.

This is a problem, especially with a new facility opening that is designed for what these cars were built to do. It's already affected our numbers and revenue and I can only see the trend continuing and I am no longer willing to use my own personal finances to make up for lost revenue.

I will be meeting with Kenny before the next race
to discuss a solution to this. We sometimes forget we are an organization providing a service, and customer surveys and opinions are a large part of a successful business. In the meantime, again thanks to all for your continued support, G.L.A.R.C.R.C. will also continue to try and bring the best racing experience to the R/C community.

Glenn Williams
President,
G.L.A.R.C.R.C
Old 03-04-2018, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default The Track

To be fair to those who have been coming out since the beginning of the year and have either donated their time and energy in setting up and tearing down or who have paid to participate, it seems only fair to include these individuals in the conversation.

Thank you Glen for bringing the rest of us, up to speed.

Also, I wanted to say Thank You to Dana Smeltzer, Al Lopez, Wes Craven and Steve Kitahata for sticking around to finish load up last Sunday.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Good Morning all,
Update:

1). As of yesterday, Kenny Watkins has informed me that the current track layout at GLARCRC will be revised back to the original 2017 layout with a few minor changes that should not require any additional manpower than what is now being utilized, these changes are due to

mechanical difficulties experienced by cars equipped with 2 speed transmissions as well as pully and belt failure due to unavoidable bumps in the current layout,

saftey issues with high speed corners facing the main straightaway,

Pit area too small to comfortably support racers.

Update #2

An agreement between CalTrans and Metro was signed in October as to the state retaining ownership of the property, however, Metro is now in charge of all permits and contracts and CalTrans can no longer sign our lease agreement. Our approval must be processed all over again with Metro. Doesn't look like a problem at this point and I have forwarded them our original contracts, and LOI (letter of intent) but until the process is complete, we have to wait racing. I'll put the word out as soon as we get the green light!
Old 03-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

So racing in Gardena, CA at the Harbor Gateway Transit Center is postponed indefinitely?
Old 03-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

That's an exaggeration Danny. Glen said only till he receives the permit.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So NO running this weekend !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.