Like Tree18Likes

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. RACING NEWS

Old 03-07-2018, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ?

Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
That's an exaggeration Danny. Glen said only till he receives the permit.

I am sorry, but who are you?

Well, if you consider it an exaggeration, I really hope it is nothing more than that.

Last edited by Danny A.; 03-08-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default weekend

Originally Posted by BigC2007 View Post
So NO running this weekend !
Hey Big C, even if things were running as normal, the weather forecast does not look in our favor anyway.
Old 03-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So NO running this weekend !
Sunday does not look good, 70% rain.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Danny A. View Post
I am sorry, but who are you?

Well, if you consider it an exaggeration, I really hope it is nothing more than that.
If you don''t agree with the "exaggeration", I would say unnecessary then. lol. Stop being pessimistic. I'm sure Metro will issue the permit soon.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

˙˙˙ƃuᴉɹoq
pinoy69racer likes this.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default .!

Originally Posted by snuvet75 View Post
If you don''t agree with the "exaggeration", I would say unnecessary then. lol. Stop being pessimistic. I'm sure Metro will issue the permit soon.

You have to forgive me because I do not know your name or who I am addressing.

I will state simply that if you read what I say as pessimism, then allow me to clarify. I am only stating facts. In my mind, I am just being pragmatic.

I like you, however, do hope a contract is produced soon.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Update as of 3-16-2018

Our LOI (letter of intent) has made it past the first stage in renewing our lease for the Transit Center. I was asked to submit a copy of the Cal trans agreement along with the descriptive I wrote back in 2009, oddly enough, I still have all that stuff.

Looks like there are 4 Managers overseeing the Transit Center, 3 of them newly assigned to that property that need the information. I will request a face to face meeting next week and request if we can have a temporary permit for next weekend.

Till then, just looks like the paperwork waiting game, I'll keep you guys posted.... thanks!

G.W.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us View Post
Our LOI (letter of intent) has made it past the first stage in renewing our lease for the Transit Center. I was asked to submit a copy of the Cal trans agreement along with the descriptive I wrote back in 2009, oddly enough, I still have all that stuff.

Looks like there are 4 Managers overseeing the Transit Center, 3 of them newly assigned to that property that need the information. I will request a face to face meeting next week and request if we can have a temporary permit for next weekend.

Till then, just looks like the paperwork waiting game, I'll keep you guys posted.... thanks!

G.W.
Thanks Glen for the update
Old 03-21-2018, 12:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Any news??
Old 03-21-2018, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Update 3-21-2018,

Metro management has reviewed our request for lease renewal and they are sorry to inform us they will no longer support racing at the transit center for reasons of:

Past Friday setups and parking patrons complaints
Unauthorized occupancy
conflicts with the StubHub Center
Excess trash after race events

However, when I was told this, my answer was they have been gravely misinformed and I had documentation to clarify any errors they may have received and I did produce a letter to that effect I made sure went to the head of the department. Needless to say, with the new information I provided, there is going to be another review based on these new facts.

I really don't know if its going to make a difference but I want you guys to know that GLARCRC and all the racers have complied and acted professionally to coopreate with all the guidelines set to us concerning that property since 2007. Weather we win this or not, I am proud of all of you and that's why I chose to take a stand because we are all very proud of the legacy and high standards of GLARCRC and its participants have created over the years and win or lose, I will not let anyone label us anything less.

I have no idea what is going to happen in the next few days but we all should take a breath, look back, and know we've had a great time there and we should be happy for 11 years, we've had a place to enjoy this hobby and great friendships. the letter I wrote is available here if you're interested,and just to be professional, I have removed the names of persons in charge of leasing.
Personally, I think it's some of my best work yet (LOL!). Tom and I are working on a plan B and we have already reached out to get some things going. Let's take it on the chin like men and keep it moving, we'll be ok, we always have.I'll keep you posted.

G.W.
Attached Files
Old 03-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Unauthorized occupancy?
Old 03-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve_K View Post
Unauthorized occupancy?
there have been freelancers going out there on weekends we don't race, Metro guards are confusing them with us.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Just wondering if there might be a option that you folks can't set some thing up with the new Fontana (SCS) track to run your season. They have spent a lot of money out there and I am sure they would work something out with you follks

Kurt
Old 03-22-2018, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us View Post
Update 3-21-2018,

Metro management has reviewed our request for lease renewal and they are sorry to inform us they will no longer support racing at the transit center for reasons of:

Past Friday setups and parking patrons complaints
Unauthorized occupancy
conflicts with the StubHub Center
Excess trash after race events

However, when I was told this, my answer was they have been gravely misinformed and I had documentation to clarify any errors they may have received and I did produce a letter to that effect I made sure went to the head of the department. Needless to say, with the new information I provided, there is going to be another review based on these new facts.

I really don't know if its going to make a difference but I want you guys to know that GLARCRC and all the racers have complied and acted professionally to coopreate with all the guidelines set to us concerning that property since 2007. Weather we win this or not, I am proud of all of you and that's why I chose to take a stand because we are all very proud of the legacy and high standards of GLARCRC and its participants have created over the years and win or lose, I will not let anyone label us anything less.

I have no idea what is going to happen in the next few days but we all should take a breath, look back, and know we've had a great time there and we should be happy for 11 years, we've had a place to enjoy this hobby and great friendships. the letter I wrote is available here if you're interested,and just to be professional, I have removed the names of persons in charge of leasing.
Personally, I think it's some of my best work yet (LOL!). Tom and I are working on a plan B and we have already reached out to get some things going. Let's take it on the chin like men and keep it moving, we'll be ok, we always have.I'll keep you posted.

G.W.
WHAT !!!!! Ok guys lets put our money together and start playing lottery and win and build our own world class track
Old 03-23-2018, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

WHAT !!!!! Ok guys lets put our money together and start playing lottery and win and build our own world class track
it would take lottery winnings, last year I did research, at the current real estate market prices in L.A., to purchase the land, and do it right, off road, onroad, parking, pits, lighting and power you're looking at six to eight million dollars. Just the price of the land we're already running on is in the neighborhood of 14,000,000 and it's just a parking lot!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service