Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree30Likes

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. RACING NEWS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

GLARCRC will be racing the 28th of Feb with setup and practice on Saturday. Also..we have had a "spokesman" that claims to be representing a faction of racers that are claiming that our organization is not really a club and they are not satisfied with what's been going on.

They have pretty much demanded that we hold elections and change administration. There is a core group that have taken care of everything for quite a long time and we have pretty much been annoyed by these people for awhile now. Yes, clubs should have elections but anyone wanting to take the wheel should FULLY understand the level of comittment and involvement it takes to make the machine run smoothly, not cause someone is personally dissatisfied. And these are usually the folks that are'nt going to involve themselves at the level it takes to do things right.

This has also been taking up a lot of my time as well. U guys that have been with us in the past understand that the bottom line is GLARCRC runs on a parking lot and as long as this is the case...no matter who is captain of the ship, understand that there are many logistics and folks in the background that have to take their time, money, and sweat so we can race and at the end of the day, that track STILL has to be disassembled, packed up, and towed away.

There us going to be a meeting Saturday 2/20/2010 at Shaw's office from 10:00am til noon. current members will be eligible for officer nominations provided they have had a minimum of 1 year experience with GLARCRC.

It's my understanding that there are phone calls going around urging individuals to renew their memberships just to vote out the existing administration. Not very wise, even with our limited manpower, all of the guys in this organization do a FANTASTIC job and I will stand behind them 100%

For the past members and non-members that know how GLARCRC functions, we urge you to attend this meeting, there is a lot of racing and a lot of work to do this season and we really could use some help.

I will have Werner post the club by-laws on the GLARCRC website next week they specify in detail what is expected of all club officers and administration. Maybe those demanding will read that and then can make the decision if they want to take the wheel. We all agree that NEW BLOOD AND ADMINISTRATION IS GOOD FOR ANY ORGANIZATIION but not in the face of major changes. we need the guys that know what makes this thing work. I would hate to give anybody the keys to an F-16 if they have never had a flying lession, I promise they will crash and burn!!

Don't mean to vent but it's about time to dispell all rumors, and defend what we have all worked so hard to build, aspecially those who bark without having a clue...just my 2 cents. hope to see U at the meeting

Glenn Williams
President
GLARCRC
Old 02-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

HEY Glenn--
I want you to know you have support here too!! You, Kenny, and Tom have done a great job doing MOST of the work for the club--and I"ve raced every scale possible over the last 35 years and I haven't seen races run any better. As before--I'll volunteer to take any tasks possible to help you besides the physical track setup and teardown--and if we can get MORE club members to volunteer to work I'm sure the races will run even better.
Good luck at the club meeting--CYU on the 27th and 28th for racing.
Tim
Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

We really appreciate the support and positive vibes from you guys we can do is try our best to tighten up on the race schedule, run on time and be consistant on the raceday start time. Maybe a good thing to do your best to get to the meeting, we would really like to put a lot of things to rest and concentrate on 2010.

In view of what's been going on in So. Cal as far as tracks, I have a feeling that GLARCRC is going to be pretty busy and it is our golden opportunity to show the rest of the racing world that our organization is very capable of consistantly running smooth and hassle fre racing events...who's with me?

G.W.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Hi Glenn,
Any news---election postings etc. from the club meeting last weekend/?
Thanks
Tim
Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trailer will be at the Transit Center lot lot no later than 8:00am Saturday, we will monitor the weather and if it's favorable, we can proceed with setup. If it is raining, we will be in a holding pattern and hopefully can still at least setup the track sometime Saturday. Makes the program a lot easier to run on Sunday.

If we have to setup the track Sunday, the core group has agreed to be there around 7:30am, plan on 2 qualifiers and mains. Either way, donuts are on me this weekend!! LOL
Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

hello race fans from so cal. i am here to report with the help of as lot of great and helpful racers the GLARCRC track is up and complete. the plan for tomorrow is as follows.

7:00 finish drying track surface

after drying complete we are going to spray the track.

control practice will start after track spraying is complete

due to weather we are hoping to start racing at 10:00 if weather permits
thank for your patient and support
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

It was a beautiful day of racing!!! I'll let Glenn post all the winners---but weather cooperated---and best thing-- the track tear down only took maybe 20 minutes because there was a LOT OF HELP!!! That's all it took to keep everything fun and fast!! Cya at RCX!!!!
Tim
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

hey guys a quick question, with crystal parks situation now i am looking for a new place to race nitro, just wondering if i have to be a club member to race ? i am already a member with ROAR, thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

No you don't need to be a club member--just a ROAR member. Come on out and join us!!! NEXT race is at the RCX show---March 19 - 21st.
FYI
Tim
Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

oh cool, thanks for the info i cant make it this time at the RCX but definately next time
Old 04-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Racing this weekend, right Glenn?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

I hope so! i have motors to break-in
Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aturbotony
I hope so! i have motors to break-in
23cc motors??
Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ray0221flux
23cc motors??
Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

I talked to Frank Killam and he believes also that we're racing this weekend. It's his scheduled "Corvette Cup" weekend again. I"m looking forward to it ---didn't have ANY luck at the RCX Show accept bad--so re-building and hoping the Gremlins are gone!!! CYA at the track Ray and everyone!!
Tim

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.