Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways - Saugus, CA >

Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways - Saugus, CA

Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways - Saugus, CA

Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Default Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways - Saugus, CA

I figured since there wasn't a thread for Hot Rod's yet, I'd start one for this new California racing forum.

Hot Rod Hobbies is home to the world-famous Jimmy Babcock Racing League (JBRL), the annual Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout, and the Reedy Truck Race of Champions. Visit the website for all the details.

HotRodHobbies.com
Hot Rod Hobbies & Raceways
25845 Railroad Ave. Suite 21
Saugus, CA 91350
(661) 255-2404

Store Hours
Closed Mondays
11:00am-8:00pm Tuesday-Friday
10:00am-7:00pm Saturdays
10:00am-6:00pm Sundays

Track is open for practice ($7.00 fee applies) every day until dark, except Mondays and on race nights.

Off-Road Club Racing:

Tuesdays @ 6:00pm
Saturdays @ 4:00pm

On-Road Paved Oval

First Sunday of each month @ 10:00am

The club runs points series which are tracked on the website and trophies are awarded to the winners at the end of each series.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you guys have plans for cleaning the track up? When I visited last weekend there was a lot of ruts all over the place that were messing alot of people up. I do love the layout though
Old 07-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

they're putting in a new layout this weekend for the shootout next week
Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RA99GT
they're putting in a new layout this weekend for the shootout next week
Damn... Now I have to come back down just to race the new layout
Old 07-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Tech Master

Yeah, that was the layout that was put in back in March, so it's had a lot of driving on it. The track generally doesn't get changed out until a "big" race comes up, which happens several times in the latter part of the year, with the Shootout and the Reedy Truck Race. Not sure if they'll change it out for the final round of the JBRL but they might.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Kevin do you know who won the track design layout thing?
Old 07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Or can you find out??
Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 PM
6th
Tech Initiate

Track is done, thanks for the free lunch. I hope no one was too accustomed on the old layout, you're in for a rude awakening (in a good way) God, i'm tired
Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AE 14year-old
Kevin do you know who won the track design layout thing?
I didn't hear anything from Jimmy but I'm sure this week he'll get me the info to post on the website. I'll be taking some new pictures for the website this week, as well...though I don't suppose he'll want them posted until a little later in the week, to keep it a surprise.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new layout, as always! Too bad I can't race at the Shootout, wedding anniversary is on the 11th. I'm gonna try to cut out of work early on Tuesday and make the club race, though.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

There are now photos on the website of the new Shootout track layout from all four corners. Packed house tonight for electric-only club racing, a lot of the pros are out there working on their lines for the big race. Looks like it's going to be a challenging and fun track!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

I just posted an update to the Hot Rod Hobbies site, linking to my photo gallery of over 100 photos from the main events this afternoon, at the Shootout. Enjoy!

www.hotrodhobbies.com
Old 07-15-2009, 08:13 AM
AXL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Classes, brands? Etc

Hey guys,
my name is Bryan and Im moving to the area next month and want
to race at hot rod hobbies. I am going to put a couple new cars together
so I was wondering what classes and brands are popular out there? I'm from
Missouri so I'm sure the racing is a lot different. I would appreciate any help
and look forward to meeting all of you.
Thanks,
Bryan
Old 07-15-2009, 10:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AXL
Hey guys,
my name is Bryan and Im moving to the area next month and want
to race at hot rod hobbies. I am going to put a couple new cars together
so I was wondering what classes and brands are popular out there? I'm from
Missouri so I'm sure the racing is a lot different. I would appreciate any help
and look forward to meeting all of you.
Thanks,
Bryan
Welcome to California. I have been the HRH quite a few times and it is my favorite track/race program so far. For gas, there are always 3-4 classes of buggy/truggy running. For electric, there is always a sizable turnout for the Traxxas Slash. The Short Course trucks seem to be growing quite well. They run a Slash spec, Slash expert and an Open SCT class. The SC10's run in the open class. They usually run Stock class than includes both buggy and truck. For electric, you can't go wrong with the Traxxas Slash (casual), SC10 (racer), AE T4, AE B4, Losi XXX-T, Losi XXX-CR, etc.

Hot Rod runs continual 8-week series points races that are loads of fun. They prize out trophies to the top three in each class.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Yeah check the racing page on the HRH website, it lists all of the classes we run at the club races. Slash and the open short course have been hopping lately in electric, and there are always guys running 8th scale buggy/truggy every week. The popularity of the short course trucks has put a little bit of a dent in the turnouts for the "traditional" electric buggy/truck classes and they are often combined (mod with super stock, rookies with stock buggy & truck, etc...)

As for brands, you see just about everything out there. A lot of Traxxas, Associated and Kyosho, Losi (especially in nitro), the hobby shop stocks parts for most of the popular stuff that gets run at the track. Hit up the shop when you get out here and talk to Tim or one of the guys there, they'll get you pointed in the right direction.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Yeah check the racing page on the HRH website, it lists all of the classes we run at the club races. Slash and the open short course have been hopping lately in electric, and there are always guys running 8th scale buggy/truggy every week. The popularity of the short course trucks has put a little bit of a dent in the turnouts for the "traditional" electric buggy/truck classes and they are often combined (mod with super stock, rookies with stock buggy & truck, etc...)

As for brands, you see just about everything out there. A lot of Traxxas, Associated and Kyosho, Losi (especially in nitro), the hobby shop stocks parts for most of the popular stuff that gets run at the track. Hit up the shop when you get out here and talk to Tim or one of the guys there, they'll get you pointed in the right direction.
+1

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.