OCRC Onroad Racing

Old 12-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So was this thread about OCRC all along?
Old 12-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
So was this thread about OCRC all along?
Dont really know..... But it has turned out good...

By the way....who is rchaulik ????
Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Chris,

OCRC takes posession mid Jan. , then a week to build it and then racing for 2009.
sweet!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have a feeling it's still a little soon to be saying when the track will officially open...
Old 12-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

lbckevin

By the way....who is rchaulik ????
R = Robert? Dunno... I had assumed it was the OCRC pwner.

Either way, I must repeat this suggestion:

If anyone's going to go to the effort of building another indoor asphalt track, please consider a slightly varying elevation (2 feet over, say, a distance of 10) on parts of the track that are the farthest away from the driver's stand and at least one permanent varying-radius-corner (which would be either a decreasing-radius corner or an increasing-radius corner, depending on which direction the track was run that week) to make things interesting.
I do realize, however, that creating a difference in elevation is very difficult, as few pavement companies have the tools to create smooth, miniature roadways of varying height... but it would be fantastic! and the track is certianly wide enough to have that section either used one week and/or blocked off the next.

The 2004 Southwest Grand Prix off-road track at Competiton Hobbies in Tucson, minus it's whoops and turnstile would have made a beautiful asphalt track! It was amazing... slight elevation changes with two distinct varying-radius sweepers.

*sigh*

Build an onroad asphalt track like that and I'd never leave it.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

After having thought about yet again... maybe the Mount Panorama-type deal would be a bit much for the novice driver and for the intermediate driver in racing... the cars would become suddenly unweighted and massive crashes would result in those corners.

...and totally flat track is a little boring... which is alright since I do need to get home and to work once in awhile.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Socal was 80 feet end to end with the banking. It was 50 feet wide.

Robert's track will be 80' feet long by 70' wide with a long sweeper and lots of room for infield sections. The dimensions have increased due to better use of space and no real need for both sides of the track to have walkways, only one side. It will be real sweet to race indoor again.
From what I hear too is that it was 40' from pole to last pole at Socal. Even though it was 80' long, you couldn't really go off that since most of the time the bank was used as a lane and the banks were more than standard 10'. So in reality the straight was pretty short. The key is not to put a hairpin at the end of the straight or it will make the straight feel small. A sweeper at the end lets you carry your speed at tricks you in to thinking you are going further since you are at top speed longer. Either way I'm there.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=SQUIER;5187076]R = Robert? Dunno... I had assumed it was the OCRC pwner.

R= Robert?
Please give me a little credit I won’t hide behind a screen name
For those of you who know me know that’s true

My neighbors move out of the warehouse 1/31/09 so nothing will happen until then

My intention is to in fact take the warehouse for On Road
Asphalt V Carpet? I am leaning towards carpet

For those of you dimension (Size) buffs

When I removed the dirt from the old So Cal track I wheeled off both the on and off road tracks

So Cal
Off Road 85’ x 48’ (4,080 SF)
On Road 78 x 43’ (3,354 Sf)

OC/RC
Off Road 85’ x 55’ (4,675 SF)
Proposed On Road 70’ x 65’ (4,550 SF)

Question: What’s the only animal that continues to grow even after its dead?
Answer: A fish (And a track I guess)
(If you don’t get it gimme a buzz and I will explain it to ya)

I promise I will keep everybody in the loop as soon as I have a loop

Peace
RB
OC/RC Raceway
Old 12-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

A carpet track would be very cool you would get alot of people to come to a carpet track just for the novelty of never running on one. I know its way early to talk about classes but I just hope that there will be a rubber tire class or the track will be rubber tire olny
Old 12-20-2008, 06:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Without foam cars running on it, the rubber cars won't have much traction. It's the 1/12 and foam cars that lay down the most rubber and get the groove on the track quickly.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Ok see we don't have carpet out here and I just stuck my foot in my mouth because of inngornce
Old 12-20-2008, 08:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

USA is really the only country that runs foam sedan, but it is definitely bigger than rubber tire classes at most of the big races.

Granted there are already WAY too many spec classes now with 10.5, 13.5, and 17.5 motors, having rubber or foam to choose from would make it way too confusing. For beginner classes it would probably benefit everyone to stick to rubber tires, to really make foam tires work you need a tire truer and at $500 or so for the Hudy that everyone wants it's not affordable for everyone.

I'm down for an asphalt or carpet track, I'll just be happy to be able to practice/race every week again.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
....I'm down for an asphalt or carpet track, I'll just be happy to be able to practice/race every week again.
Amen to that!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

OC/RC Raceway

Please give me a little credit I won’t hide behind a screen name
For those of you who know me know that’s true
Nick showed me this post after I stopped by the track again tonight and I was almost ashamed of myself. lol. Forgive me.

To be honest, I didn't read that username very well; I see now that it is 'holic... as in r/c alcoholic. My bad. I had simply assumed that the username in question was Chaulik, someone's legit surname... especially since I was distracted by the credible questions about what it was we would like to see as an indoor track and how often we would be there.

When I removed the dirt from the old So Cal track I wheeled off both the on and off road tracks

So Cal
Off Road 85’ x 48’ (4,080 SF)
On Road 78 x 43’ (3,354 Sf)

OC/RC
Off Road 85’ x 55’ (4,675 SF)
Proposed On Road 70’ x 65’ (4,550 SF)

Question: What’s the only animal that continues to grow even after its dead?
Answer: A fish (And a track I guess).

Peace
RB
OC/RC Raceway
Rofl. Good one.

I had eyeballed from years-old memory what SoCal's onroad track dimensions were as I stood in my driveway... and then laid a 50' tape measure out and guestimated the distances. I was close!

I agree with Tech Prophet Caster: Regardless of the surface you choose (asphalt! ), we will be there!

Thanks for posting!

Now, would a Moderator or Admin pls make an IP check to see who this rchaulik character might be that's stirring up all this trouble?

Old 12-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AeRacer805
Ok see we don't have carpet out here and I just stuck my foot in my mouth because of inngornce

Yo Dog! "Whats "inngornce".....do you mean ignorance?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.